First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in KC and can point ya to the best BBQ. I'd do my best to ignore the flag??
Much appreciated! It will be the same way I treated last years super bowl, I still have no idea who won because I didn’t witness it, therefore it did not happen. ?
Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I envy the folks in Austin, TX. They can do the BBQ circuit in Liking and Lockhart (Kruezez's, Black's, City BBQ) which is close by and they can do the break-in in a couple of weeks.

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's gonna be a LOOOOONG drive back to Brooklyn from Iowa if 1. not maintaining a constant speed and 2. not going over 80. Guess I better plan some sight seeing..!

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd be interested in a tip on turbo care. With my diesel I idle for 5 min when coming into an interstate rest area for example. Not so much after tooling around town.

An example for the Bronco could be driving in deep sand which seems to put quite a load the engine. Do we want to give some time for the turbo to cool down?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be interested in a tip on turbo care. With my diesel I idle for 5 min when coming into an interstate rest area for example. Not so much after tooling around town.

An example for the Bronco could be driving in deep sand which seems to put quite a load the engine. Do we want to give some time for the turbo to cool down?
I know that we are told that the coking problem is not there any more (eye roll) I still let my truck idle for a few minutes on really hot days...

Do not want to chance it...

Have had a turbo issue in my 2013 and do not want to replicate that out of warranty...

Sponsored

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know that we are told that the coking problem is not there any more (eye roll) I still let my truck idle for a few minutes on really hot days...

Do not want to chance it...

Have had a turbo issue in my 2013 and do not want to replicate that out of warranty...
Exactly. It's not going to hurt anything and logic says it could definitely help so go for it. I did this a lot with my diesel Excursion.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looking at everything might be a good excuse to take the long way home and hit up St Louis and then go through Kansas City with a big Broncos flag and get some BBQ.
C'mon by Kansas City! It will give you an opportunity to view the stadium of the reigning champs!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Take it Easy

Alternatively, most others recommend taking it easy for a while, including many automakers. According to Michael Siegrist, assistant chief engineer of the new 1.6-liter turbo diesel engine in the Chevy Cruze and the man in charge of all GM’s passenger-car compression-ignition engines in North America, “Most of our vehicles ask that you do a 1,500-mile break-in.”

This encompasses several things. “Don’t drive a constant speed,” said Siegrist; try to vary the engine’s RPM frequently. He also added, “Don’t go over 80 miles an hour,” and “no full-throttle starts.” It is also prudent to avoid exceeding 4,000 RPM. Sorry Corvette and Camaro owners, the break-in period is a no-fun, burnout-free, racing-exempt zone.

But in the long run, your patience during those first 1,500 or so miles will likely be rewarded. “What’s really going on,” explained Siegrist, “[Is] you have machined parts with sharp edges that during that break-in period, we’re lapping in those sharp edges so that they fit perfectly for the life of the engine.” He said internal combustion powerplants would operate fine with roughly machined components, but things improve after those moving parts get comfortable with one another. “Once you do that, your good forever,” he added.
I'm not sure I want to follow the advice of someone who doesn't know the difference between your and you're. Hopefully this isn't representative of his engineering knowledge.

Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I envy the folks in Austin, TX. They can do the BBQ circuit in Liking and Lockhart (Kruezez's, Black's, City BBQ) which is close by and they can do the break-in in a couple of weeks.
I forgot to mention, the drive by the Tesla Giga factory along the way to the BBQ circuit.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure I want to follow the advice of someone who doesn't know the difference between your and you're. Hopefully this isn't representative of his engineering knowledge.
Or spell check...:unsure:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)