First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get the rubber instead. It's gonna be better for sound.
I dunno, this foam is amazing. I don't really have noise from the front on mine. After adding these the wind noise is just general all over, with slightly more tire noise from the rear.

And annoyingly I can now hear a rattle on my subwoofer in the back now. Hah. Gotta find that.
Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you find a part number for those gaskets? My dealer has done nothing since I reported this problem to them.
I have no idea what they are. I just brought it to them and they changed em the same day I had them do an oil change lol

Deleted member 32220

Well,

All I can say is WOW WOW....

So, I took the OP's original idea, and went to Home Depot....but instead of foam, I paid $6 for 3/4" RUBBER, since rubber is better than foam as a sound barrier (6 foot)....

BUT, for ME, the main noise has always bothered me from the FRONT of the bronco...

So, after putting in the insulation on the sides just as the OP, I had about 2 pieces left-over of about 2-2.5 feet each...

now the FRONT empty channel is smaller than the sides so you need to CUT in HALF the remaining pieces, and you have enough for the front....

See the pics.

I can't say for sure how much the noise from the sides was reduced, but BY GOD the front noise is reduced by 70-75% for me....

I won't drive now without it when the top is on.

tempImage3iPWN0.png
Keep an eye on the front ones. That is that seams main water management channel. 👍

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This seems like a great fix! I hate to be dense, but is the ”installation” just wedging it between the roll bar and MIC or something more. A video would be awesome… Thanks!

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This seems like a great fix! I hate to be dense, but is the ”installation” just wedging it between the roll bar and MIC or something more. A video would be awesome… Thanks!
Yes, just shoving it in there. On my pictures I just started at the front of the rear portion and started sliding it in. Eventually I had to switch inside and pull it from that direction to get it all the way in.
The drivers side was a little easier than the passenger on mine.. makes me think my roof is very slightly off center.

6gtexanbronco

Raptor
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Raptor, '74 Wagoneer, '20 Navi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Great Idea! I will try that tonight

Doorsoff4ever

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram3500 diesel crew cab long bed on 37's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where is that on your Bronco? I have no gaps like that in my MIC Top (that I am aware of 😳)
I think this hack is for MIC 1's, since the MIC 2 has a black open cell foam already filling the gaps.

Denny3297

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia, Ranger, Fusion, E450 motorhome, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the same thing, only I purchased a large sheet of 2" thick neoprene insulation to accomplish it. I cut it to fit and adhered it to the roof panels. Works great!

Sponsored

cubes32

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have no idea what they are. I just brought it to them and they changed em the same day I had them do an oil change lol
took my dealer 2 months to do...they said Ford would only let them do one gasket at a time and had to order the gaskets separately after trying each one.

OP
OP
mountainbronco

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think this hack is for MIC 1's, since the MIC 2 has a black open cell foam already filling the gaps.
Could you please share a pic of yours, driver side, panel off showing the channel. Thanks much!

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did the 3/4 foam along the driver and passenger side tonight. Nice fit overall but had to wiggle the back seat (4door) panel a little to get it to settle. It makes a tight but not too tight fit. Should not have to manhandle it to close.

I tired the 3/4 rubber cut in half across the front/windshield and not enough room. Could not get the front panels to come close to closing. Decided not to force it and pulled the rubber out of the channel. Mine seems to be on the quieter side anyway from what people are saying.

Will probably cut the front and rear panel midget pool noodle at the seam to not have it flopping around if I only have the front panels off.

Fordtorino93

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would bet that most MIC tops have this gap. I’ve got weatherstripping in mine to close the gaps and it made a big difference.

Now to address the whistling noise during high speed coming from the main roof piece…
I loosened all the top pieces and was able to get the gap to close my seals just needed to be adjusted from the back top panel.
Sponsored