Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I was getting the kids ready for daycare this morning and couldn't find the Bronco key fob anywhere in house. I was 90% sure I left it in the car last night but it isn't where I usually keep it in there either. So, running late, I said F-it and tried starting it up knowing it would tell me if a key was not detected. It started right up. So, I've been looking everywhere I can think of in the Bronco and can't find the key anywhere. Not in any of the storage compartments, under seats, under floor mats, between seat/armrest, not in trunk or under back seats, not under car seats...Where the F is it? How is it missing but in the Bronco? I've been keeping it really clean so there is nothing else in the vehicle. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Did someone get into it last night and not steal anything but hide the key??

PS. This brings up a good idea for the Ford app. Add a Find My Key feature and have it beep if you need to locate it. Like a built in 'square'. The fob certainly is big enough - there should be room in there for that!
Sponsored

Lanman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS e-tron GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't have my wife's Bronco here to check if this is possible or not but in some cars there are holes in the carpet under the seats where things that fall under the seat can disappear into. Like I said, not sure if that's even possible in the Bronco but just a thought.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So I was getting the kids ready for daycare this morning and couldn't find the Bronco key fob anywhere in house. I was 90% sure I left it in the car last night but it isn't where I usually keep it in there either. So, running late, I said F-it and tried starting it up knowing it would tell me if a key was not detected. It started right up. So, I've been looking everywhere I can think of in the Bronco and can't find the key anywhere. Not in any of the storage compartments, under seats, under floor mats, between seat/armrest, not in trunk or under back seats, not under car seats...Where the F is it? How is it missing but in the Bronco? I've been keeping it really clean so there is nothing else in the vehicle. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Did someone get into it last night and not steal anything but hide the key??

PS. This brings up a good idea for the Ford app. Add a Find My Key feature and have it beep if you need to locate it. Like a built in 'square'. The fob certainly is big enough - there should be room in there for that!
I think the kids just didn't want to go to daycare!

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has a small range from the ignition. Probably between the seat rail and the center console

Sponsored

Shenanigans

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My first instinct is insanity or senior moment. But I’m old, and love the idea of a find my feature. No I don’t have my Bronco yet 30 days out, so not much help there. Since kids are in daycare I’m guessing car seats. Pull them out and check the covering. Could it have slid into the back or falling out there when getting all the equipment of kids?
Now the problem of key in car that anyone can use to start your vehicle. I hope you have the key pad, just hold down the 7/8-9/0 keys until it locks the doors. This will disable the fob until you put in your code.
Good luck and god speed

OP
OP
Maineah

Maineah

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My first instinct is insanity or senior moment. But I’m old, and love the idea of a find my feature. No I don’t have my Bronco yet 30 days out, so not much help there. Since kids are in daycare I’m guessing car seats. Pull them out and check the covering. Could it have slid into the back or falling out there when getting all the equipment of kids?
Now the problem of key in car that anyone can use to start your vehicle. I hope you have the key pad, just hold down the 7/8-9/0 keys until it locks the doors. This will disable the fob until you put in your code.
Good luck and god speed
Already checked under/in the kid seats, looked in the little pocket where the rear seat belt receivers are (great catch all for crumbs BTW)...No key pad but in a super low crime area - not really worried about it getting stolen - thank goodness...

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A jacket pocket, backpack or purse maybe????

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did you open the hood? And maybe set the fob down on the front plastic cover?

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Try using a flashlight. Sometimes it helps when you think you’ve looked everywhere. It’s in the Bronco!

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Go flip the Bronco, it will come out of what ever nook and cranny it got stuck in, problem solved, your welcome!

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My wife had a similar situation w/ her Terrain and tried the same with a much different result...the truck fired right up so she figured the FOB was somewhere in the truck and off she went to the gas station. Turns out the FOB (and house key) was actually 8' feet away on a shelf in the garage. When she finished fueling up the FOB was now 2-3 n miles away in a locked house...there she was stranded at the pump. She was not happy...even less happy when she got home to retrieve the FOB only to realize she was locked-out.
If you made it to your destination and you were able to re-fire the FOB has to be in there somewhere!

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My wife had a similar situation w/ her Terrain and tried the same with a much different result...the truck fired right up so she figured the FOB was somewhere in the truck and off she went to the gas station. Turns out the FOB (and house key) was actually 8' feet away on a shelf in the garage. When she finished fueling up the FOB was now 2-3 n miles away in a locked house...there she was stranded at the pump. She was not happy...even less happy when she got home to retrieve the FOB only to realize she was locked-out.
If you made it to your destination and you were able to re-fire the FOB has to be in there somewhere!
yeah, that would suck!

I thought the key fob has a pretty small range on it. I'm fairly certain, but not fully, that one time my wife had the key on her in the passenger seat, and the car wouldn't start. Once we realized she had it, she handed it to me, and then it was able to start just fine. so if it's starting, it's literally got to be in your seat somewhere.

god speed.

or f it. if you live in a low crime area, just leave it. one day it'll turn up. hahaha

I wouldn't say I live in a low crime area, but I don't even bother locking my doors anymore. My Tahoe auto locks, and I've become very accustom to that. So now having to pull a key out of my pocket to lock my car doors just seems like too much work. So I leave them open. I may regret that laziness one day.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.