Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please help me out if you know what is going on here.

About 3 weeks ago someone decided to run a light in front of me and I had to slam on the brakes. I could feel the ABS doing it's thing and a crash was avoided. My Bronco drove away fine and for a couple of days It was business as usual.

Days later I get:
Ford Bronco Error messages mayhem. IMG_2391

I hit ok, start driving and it goes away.

For the next 5 days I get nothing. On the 6th day it happens again.

Nothing again for 5 days. Keep in mind during this time the vehicle drives completely normally. Zero warning lights on in the cluster.

The next day I get these:
Ford Bronco Error messages mayhem. IMG_2506
Ford Bronco Error messages mayhem. IMG_2507
Ford Bronco Error messages mayhem. IMG_2509

Again, I put it into Drive, start going, and they all go away.

What is happening??

I put a Zone lift and 37"s on the vehicle about a two weeks before:
Ford Bronco Error messages mayhem. IMG_2408

There have been ZERO notifications from the day I bought it, all the way through getting the lift, and for a couple weeks after. Not until days after that hard braking.

Has anyone seen this before?
Is there some sort of sensor that could've gotten loose during the hard braking?
Are my new tires and wheels too heavy for the brakes?
Is Ford going to try and deny this due to lift/tires?

I have an appointment on the 20th at the dealer to get them to take a look at this, but I'd love to have some more info going into that appointment.

Thanks.
Sponsored

goneAWOL

Outer Banks
First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 DRW, 2021 Bronco 2.7L 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got the same "hills tart assist not available" on my Fordpass App.....

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
May be related to the doors being removed. Several folks (including me) get all of those alerts when starting up with the doors off. Parking brake is engaged but after disengaging and driving off everything goes back to normal and seems to work ok.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would check the ABS wiring that follows the brake lines to each wheel...maybe one was re-connected improperly and the hard braking pulled on it/pinched it? This sounds like a sensor issue, so just checking that all the wires are connected and not pinched anywhere...maybe a bad ABS sensor?
Dealer will help, but its a toss up if they will cover it after the lift was installed, its up to them mostly I believe.

EDIT:
I see your doors are off, when starting it, make sure you buckle up first. That has helped keep a lot of my messages from popping up.

OP
OP
ATX_Bronco

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May be related to the doors being removed. Several folks (including me) get all of those alerts when starting up with the doors off. Parking brake is engaged but after disengaging and driving off everything goes back to normal and seems to work ok.
Not a bad guess but the first messages came in before the doors were off. The latest round also happened with the doors on.

Sponsored

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep, this is absolutely because you dared to remove the doors. The system goes haywire. There are other threads about this, but I believe it's especially pronounced when you start up the car, with the doors off, before you have buckled your seat belt. If you buckle first before starting, I don't think it happens as much or at all.

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Step on the brake pedal hard when you go to start it. I have found I don't get those errors if I do that.

Grayeti

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would check the ABS wiring that follows the brake lines to each wheel...maybe one was re-connected improperly and the hard braking pulled on it/pinched it? This sounds like a sensor issue, so just checking that all the wires are connected and not pinched anywhere...maybe a bad ABS sensor?
Dealer will help, but its a toss up if they will cover it after the lift was installed, its up to them mostly I believe.

EDIT:
I see your doors are off, when starting it, make sure you buckle up first. That has helped keep a lot of my messages from popping up.
Agree with buckling up first before starting when doors are off. I had the same issue before I started to buckle first, now just a door error and parking brake on warning.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Please help me out if you know what is going on here.

About 3 weeks ago someone decided to run a light in front of me and I had to slam on the brakes. I could feel the ABS doing it's thing and a crash was avoided. My Bronco drove away fine and for a couple of days It was business as usual.

Days later I get:

I hit ok, start driving and it goes away.

For the next 5 days I get nothing. On the 6th day it happens again.

Nothing again for 5 days. Keep in mind during this time the vehicle drives completely normally. Zero warning lights on in the cluster.

The next day I get these:

Again, I put it into Drive, start going, and they all go away.

What is happening??

I put a Zone lift and 37"s on the vehicle about a two weeks before:

There have been ZERO notifications from the day I bought it, all the way through getting the lift, and for a couple weeks after. Not until days after that hard braking.

Has anyone seen this before?
Is there some sort of sensor that could've gotten loose during the hard braking?
Are my new tires and wheels too heavy for the brakes?
Is Ford going to try and deny this due to lift/tires?

I have an appointment on the 20th at the dealer to get them to take a look at this, but I'd love to have some more info going into that appointment.

Thanks.
Hi there. This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Sponsored

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happened to me as well, abs sensor needs to be reseated or cleaned off. Just go to the dealership, should be a quick fix.

OP
OP
ATX_Bronco

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happened to me as well, abs sensor needs to be reseated or cleaned off. Just go to the dealership, should be a quick fix.
Cool. Glad I'm not alone. I'll be going on the 20th. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

BluBronco

First Edition
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'76 Bronco, '86 Bronco, '08 R6, '21 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I got these errors once after sitting in the car with just accessory power and driver door open. After starting the car and driving away all the error messages came on but went away. Still had the hill assist warning in my app. Nothing has happened since or I would have taken the Bronco in.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool. Glad I'm not alone. I'll be going on the 20th. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Please update after your visit to the dealer. After a couple of days with my doors off(and after posting on this thread...), I am getting the same messages/warnings popping up. I just ignore them and drive normal and they go away, but if there is some easy fix at the root of it, i'd like to know.
Sponsored