Badlands
Clubs

- Bronco Reservation: 07.14.20

- VIN Received: 03.04.22

- 1st Built Week: 04.25.22

- 2nd Built Week: 05.09.22

- Built Email: 05.13.22

- Delivery Window 06/12 - 06/18.

- Email Confirmation on June 14th from dealership delivery window still holds true.

- Learned from another Bronco6g member there was a hail storm on 06.07 in Omaha, NE and his vehicle was a total loss.

- Contacted Ford Chat 06.18.22.

Response below:

Ford Bronco Devastated...2yr old reservation, total loss from hail storm right before delivery 1655593517766

I'm not sure how to describe how I feel.

UPDATE #1

Reached out to the dealership last Saturday and they mentioned that they are waiting on the Ford rep to provide guidance on how to proceed. They don't know

Contacted @Ford Motor Company and they told me There is nothing they can do and to contact the dealership for support. They told me to contact (800) 334-4375.

Contacted the 800 number and they told me there is nothing they can do and to have patience and contact the dealership who should be in contact with the Ford Representative.

UPDATE #2

Reached out to the dealership today and It sounds like the Ford Vehicle Operations has yet to determine if the damaged Broncos will arrive to the dealership so they can be repaired or they will need rebuilt in the system.

UPDATE #3

Its officially more than 3 weeks since the hail storm occurred and here are the updates:

1) Dealer originally mentioned that they reached out to their Ford Rep who will be able to expedite this and get a new one built as soon as possible.

2) Unfortunately, the dealer later changed positions and is now saying that the damaged did not warrant a new vehicle and the Bronco will be "fixed" because the damage did not exceed $1,000 per Ford policy.

3) Another Bronco in the same lot also got hail damage and was able to get a new VIN# last week. Somehow mine and others are "fixable"

4) When I asked the dealer if the Hard Top has been replaced, they said no since it would go over the $1,000 threshold. How can you have a hail damaged vehicle and not replace the hardtop? Are they trying to spend as little as possible to circumvent their own $1,000 policy?

5) They have not provided any documentation of the damage of the vehicle nor a receipt of how much they spent to "fix" the issues.

6) The dealership does not know where is the vehicle or when it will arrive.

7) The dealership is forcing me to call customer service and customer service is forcing me to contact the dealership. No one is able to help at all.

8) When I asked if I can decline the damaged Bronco and submit a new order, they said NO

9) When I asked if they can provide some concession to appease some of my valid concerns, they basically said.....take it or leave it. No my problem!

By the way, there are other in the same unfortunate boat as I am and they have been told the same thing.

The storm happened on June 7th and apparently no one still knows anything.

UPDATE #4

Its now 4 weeks and there has been absolutely no updates from Ford

Vehicle has been Categorized as F and want to sell as NEW. Per Ford Policy:

" Category F Definition: Vehicles incurring auction level damage repairs in excess of $1000.00 precluding sale as a new vehicle, but repairable for sale as a quality used vehicle at auction"

Here is the Ford Rail and Haulaway Vehicle Handling Manual (Page 93)

https://fsp.portal.covisint.com/doc...88437-bd2a-4205-b19f-0bc748aafc94?version=1.8

UPDATE # 5 @Ford Motor Company

- The vehicles have arrived at the dealership with a note inside (see below In Transit Damage Acknowledgement).
- Vehicle has been categorized as F
- Ford wants to sell the vehicles as NEW
- Ford does not want to submit an expedited order.
- Per Ford Policy (Page 93):

"Category F Definition: Vehicles incurring auction level damage repairs in excess of $1000.00 precluding sale as a new vehicle, but repairable for sale as a quality used vehicle at auction."

Also, per Ford Policy (Page 93):

Ford Bronco Devastated...2yr old reservation, total loss from hail storm right before delivery 1657391571658-

Ford Bronco Devastated...2yr old reservation, total loss from hail storm right before delivery 1657391353172-

At this point, this is borderline illegal let alone unethical. Its the principle that bothers me at this point.

Still waiting....
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh man, that is brutal

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry to hear and I'm sure there will be others that were affected at the holding lot.

Same advice to you as I gave to the other member who's Bronco was damaged in the hail storm. Keep pressing the issue to have the dealer escalate the issue with the zone rep.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Devastated...2yr old reservation, total loss from hail storm right before delivery 1655594542737

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Damn that’s awful. I wonder if it would be better just not knowing anything until it arrives.

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Op I am still waiting for Vin and it sucks.

I cannot imagine what you are feeling.

I hope you have a badass dealer and they fight for you to get one built asap.

Fingers Crossed for you brother.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's messed up, if it was repairable, then they should at least have the decency to let you reject it. That's just the worst possible outcome. Thanks @Ford Motor Company.

Sponsored

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

- Bronco Reservation: 07.14.20

- VIN Received: 03.04.22

- 1st Built Week: 04.25.22

- 2nd Built Week: 05.09.22

- Built Email: 05.13.22

- Delivery Window 06/12 - 06/18.

- Email Confirmation on June 14th from dealership delivery window still holds true.

- Learned from another Bronco6g member there was a hail storm on 06.07 in Omaha, NE and his vehicle was a total loss.

- Contacted Ford Chat 06.18.22.

Response below:

Ford Bronco Devastated...2yr old reservation, total loss from hail storm right before delivery 1655594542737

I'm not sure how to describe how I feel.
The response should have ended: "we are re-building your order immediately and will get you your Ford as quickly as possible because its the right thing to do and we are a stand up company that values our customers".

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's messed up, if it was repairable, then they should at least have the decency to let you reject it. That's just the worst possible outcome. Thanks @Ford Motor Company.
It’s repairable, but won’t have a warranty. I wouldn’t want it.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Situations like this I don't understand why Ford doesn't Immediately start processing a replacement, with maybe a quick call to see if any last minute changes would be wanted.

I could handle an extended wait, but not loosing price protection....

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s repairable, but won’t have a warranty. I wouldn’t want it.
Yes, but I am suggesting that you get the option to make the choice as to what you would or would not accept (and perhaps at a significant discount). I would consider it, especially if I were able to get a warranty from another company.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My god that horrible. I don’t even know what to think. Feel for ya.
Sponsored