Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Ford Performance axel back exhaust system looks and sounds awesome. There is quite a bit more exhaust note in the cab especially on acceleration and my wife hates that…lol. Hopefully she won’t be making me switch back to stock. 😂 it’s not horrible but it is noticeable. Putting Dynamat On the cargo area floor this week and hoping it makes enough of a difference to put a smile back on her face. Happy wife, happy life! 😎

To whoever might be at Super Celebration Wisconsin next month…see ya there!

Sponsored

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sounds similar to my dual tip AWE...and yes, it is quite loud in the cab...especially in Sport mode. Eco mode quiets it dramatically, as long as you are not flooring it. I have the single outlet AWE connector too, which was slightly less aggressive sounding than the dual outlet, but it has a huge 5" tip. I may use one of the smaller tips from the dual outlet and try it on the single outlet pipe to see how it sounds. The Ford Borla sounds great in your vid!

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Ford Performance axel back exhaust system looks and sounds awesome. There is quite a bit more exhaust note in the cab especially on acceleration and my wife hates that…lol. Hopefully she won’t be making me switch back to stock. 😂 it’s not horrible but it is noticeable. Putting Dynamat On the cargo area floor this week and hoping it makes enough of a difference to put a smile back on her face. Happy wife, happy life! 😎
Cabin noise seems to be a very common "complaint." I've heard it's because the Bronco is designed to let some engine noise in? Wondering if there is any truth to that rumor.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is quite a bit more exhaust note in the cab especially on acceleration and my wife hates that…lol. Hopefully she won’t be making me switch back to stock. 😂 it’s not horrible but it is noticeable. Putting Dynamat On the cargo area floor this week and hoping it makes enough of a difference to put a smile back on her face. Happy wife, happy life!
I was planning on putting this on my WT if I ever get it. Will be interested to know about the Dynamat solution, as I already know my wife will also "hate it" if it is too loud as well. :ROFLMAO:

Awesome to know its super simple to put on yourself though. Thanks for the vid.

Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cabin noise seems to be a very common "complaint." I've heard it's because the Bronco is designed to let some engine noise in? Wondering if there is any truth to that rumor.
When I drive off road I drive by sound. I’m in the sand a lot and you can’t really feel the wheels slipping so I go by the sound of the rpm’s. So yes I wouold say it’s on purpose. Also it’s a open air vehicle

OP
OP
ademonhunter

ademonhunter

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed the same exhaust a few months ago. Killmat in the cargo area made a big difference. Recently I lined the plastic storage compartment with Killmat and I think that made a bigger difference than the floorboard.
That’s great to know. I just installed Dynamat Extreme and it made a significant difference. I’ll try the killmat in the storage compartment. Thanks 🫵🏻👍🏻

OP
OP
ademonhunter

ademonhunter

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was planning on putting this on my WT if I ever get it. Will be interested to know about the Dynamat solution, as I already know my wife will also "hate it" if it is too loud as well. :ROFLMAO:

Awesome to know its super simple to put on yourself though. Thanks for the vid.
The Dynamat made a significant difference in my opinion and that was just doing the cargo area floor and not the storage compartment. I have a feeling I’m gonna lose this battle though, she hasn’t even been in it yet and she’s saying it’s still to loud. Lol I wish they put it on at the factory, that way she would have never known the difference. 😂.

I feel like the Dynamat is something I’d do even without the exhaust change. Big thumbs up.

OP
OP
ademonhunter

ademonhunter

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had a Mini Cooper Countryman and they pumped exhaust notes in through the speaker system. I feel like Ford may be using the same technique.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lol I wish they put it on at the factory, that way she would have never known the difference. 😂.
I literally said the same thing to my father in law (who totally wouldn’t rat me out).

I was like, do I pay for the dealer to add it before I even take delivery, so I can say ‘it came that way’. 😂 He just laughed and said good luck. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Great to know the dynamat helped as I was planning to do this anyway.

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I installed the Flowmaster flow FX dual tip axle back exhaust. It sounded alright outside the cab and looked great, but I didn’t like the noise inside. I switched back to stock. Just no way to make a tiny six cylinder sound cool.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We had a Mini Cooper Countryman and they pumped exhaust notes in through the speaker system. I feel like Ford may be using the same technique.
We had a whole thread debating this. I believe you’re right.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That’s great to know. I just installed Dynamat Extreme and it made a significant difference. I’ll try the killmat in the storage compartment. Thanks 🫵🏻👍🏻

That was fast! Looking forward to what you think after adding the killmat too.

OP
OP
ademonhunter

ademonhunter

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I literally said the same thing to my father in law (who totally wouldn’t rat me out).

I was like, do I pay for the dealer to add it before I even take delivery, so I can say ‘it came that way’. 😂 He just laughed and said good luck. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Great to know the dynamat helped as I was planning to do this anyway.
HaHa!!!😂😂😂😂😂😂

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I went with the Bold Performance exhaust mainly because it was a high tuck exhaust for increased rear clearance.

I would upload pics but I can't see it without raising the Bronco on a lift.

It is louder than the OEM, but it sings a deeper, more satisfying note than the Roush, and everything is completely tucked away.
Sponsored