Razor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On Road Review

Well, what can I say.....I took my brand new 2022 2dr 2.3L 10 spd Badlands for a little spin to really see what she can do. I might say I am thoroughly impressed with its on road performance. Picked it up Saturday and packed up and went away for a week of fun.

If you need to use the back seats, I would not get a 2 door, very awkward to get in especially if you are not small.

Engine-More than enough power over the many mountain passes.
Suspension-Firm, but not harsh in the least, steering feel is great
Comfort-Back didn't hurt, easy in and out, Great seats and seating position. Wish the seat was able to be a little more flat from butt to knees.
Fuel-Drank the fuel over the passes. I drove average on the freeway between 70-80mph 16.4 average over 3600 miles.
Fuel tank-Way to small, don't know what the size is but I want more capacity.
Brakes-This is my only negative. Felt like I needed more stopping power, will be addressing!

Parts on order- Mirror mounted Ford Performance Lights, Side Steps, Grab Handles, Brush Bar and going to order a soft top.

I had one on order and it never showed up so I saw this on a lot and picked it up.

Lets Compare
Engine - Bronco, better than the 4 and 6cyl Jeep
Comfort - Bronco
Brakes - Jeep
Lighting - Bronco
Suspension - Bronco
Cool Factor - Bronco
Wow Factor - Bronco
The feeling to conquer - Jeep, Just feels like it is invincible,

Overall - Bronco, This thing kicks ass.

Next up will be a planned off-road adventure to compare both off road.

I've owned upwards of 20 Jeeps and currently have 3, a 2021 Rubicon Extreme Recon, 1986 CJ7 Laredo and a 1983 CJ7 Limited.

Road travelled mostly I-5 and Hwy 325 and 139
Vancouver to Portland
Portland to San Francisco
San Francisco to LA
LA to Las Vegas
Las Vegas to Reno
Reno to Vancouver
3621 Miles
Averaged 16.4 Miles to the gallon

Ford Bronco 3500 miles in 7 days. 'My Impressions" and Comparisons (from a 20+ Jeeps veteran) IMG_2766

Ford Bronco 3500 miles in 7 days. 'My Impressions" and Comparisons (from a 20+ Jeeps veteran) IMG_0211

Ford Bronco 3500 miles in 7 days. 'My Impressions" and Comparisons (from a 20+ Jeeps veteran) 1986 Jee

Ford Bronco 3500 miles in 7 days. 'My Impressions" and Comparisons (from a 20+ Jeeps veteran) IMG_2526
Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

had Ford not offered the Sasquatch package, the Extreme Recon may never have existed. Ford has forced Jeep to step up their game. Also I agree with almost every one of your statements, I still have my JK and it does feel invincible, but other than that, Bronco kicks it’s ass.

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On Road Review

Well, what can I say.....I took my brand new 2022 2dr 2.3L 10 spd Badlands for a little spin to really see what she can do. I might say I am thoroughly impressed with its on road performance. Picked it up Saturday and packed up and went away for a week of fun.

If you need to use the back seats, I would not get a 2 door, very awkward to get in especially if you are not small.

Comfort-Back didn't hurt, easy in and out, Great seats and seating position. Wish the seat was able to be a little more flat from butt to knees.
Fuel-Drank the fuel over the passes. I drove average on the freeway between 70-80mph 16.4 average over 3600 miles.
Brakes-This is my only negative. Felt like I needed more stopping power, will be addressing!

Parts on order- Mirror mounted Ford Performance Lights, Side Steps, Grab Handles, Brush Bar and going to order a soft top.

I had one on order and it never showed up so I saw this on a lot and picked it up.

Lets Compare
Comfort - Bronco
Brakes - Jeep
Lighting - Bronco
Suspension - Bronco
Cool Factor - Bronco
Wow Factor - Bronco

I've owned upwards of 20 Jeeps and currently have 3, a 2021 Rubicon Extreme Recon, 1986 CJ7 Laredo and a 1983 CJ7 Limited.

Vancouver to Portland
San Francisco to LA
LA to Las Vegas
Las Vegas to Reno
Reno to Vancouver
3621 Miles

Ford Bronco 3500 miles in 7 days. 'My Impressions" and Comparisons (from a 20+ Jeeps veteran) IMG_2526

great info, seems legit!! thx!!

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On Road Review

Lets Compare
Comfort - Bronco
Brakes - Jeep
Lighting - Bronco
Suspension - Bronco
Cool Factor - Bronco
Wow Factor - Bronco

Vancouver to Portland
San Francisco to LA
LA to Las Vegas
Las Vegas to Reno
Reno to Vancouver
3621 Miles

Not trying to be an ass honestly I felt same way about seat but pumped it up all the way know it feels good đź‘Ť

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly I think a lot of the "complaints" about the Bronco come from people who haven't driven true off road capable trucks / SUVs. I'm still kind of amazed how good the Bronco drives - and that's after I added 35s. I've owned Jeeps, Broncos (my son drives a 6" lifted 35" tire 1995 we went through), K5s, square body Chevys (still have a '85 GMC K1500 short bed) etc.

A friend of mine drove our Bronco recently. Hardcore Jeep owner. He's now convinced his wife so I'm helping them try to hunt down a 4 door with the options they want to replace their current SUV.

I never expected gas mileage to be great. It's a box with wheels. I'm just aggravated by the tiny 2 door gas tank. When I can get a 4 door next to mine so I can crawl under it, I'm going to see if it's feasible to retrofit the 4 door gas tank without major surgery. If not, I can almost guarantee somewhere, someone is working on an aftermarket tank.

Sponsored

Seralan

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500HD, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On Road Review

Lets Compare
Comfort - Bronco
Brakes - Jeep
Lighting - Bronco
Suspension - Bronco
Cool Factor - Bronco
Wow Factor - Bronco

Vancouver to Portland
San Francisco to LA
LA to Las Vegas
Las Vegas to Reno
Reno to Vancouver
3621 Miles

What do you think your average speed was? I am averaging better over my first 1500 miles. 2.3 10 spd badsquatch. I notice over 70 it really starts to fall apart, which makes sense.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great review. Thanks for sharing!

2dr, 2.3, 7spd, Base non-Squatch, added 35's.
As noted by others, these things just feel PLANTED ... stable.
My 2dr, I had it over 90mph in traffic, it felt fine.
Much faster than I'd care to drive at times, but yeah.... sometimes you gotta run with the crowd or you'll be a safety concern.

I quit religiously figuring my fuel mileage after adding the 35's , up from 30's , MUCH speedo error.
But the few times I've checked it and computed the error, it was still over 18.

Totally agree with the 2dr vs space/accessibility issues.
Strongly considering one if them 4dr school buses once the order que clears out a bit.

Fwiw, I went base Base just to learn what this rig is like and what I may want to do differently for "the next one".
I'm currently really liking the idea of a 4dr Black Diamond, either motor, non-Squatch, auto.
I think the 4.46 auto combo would be really sweet with 33 or possibly 35's.
Especially a 35 & V6, 4.46 combo.

22rcsb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OB 2 dr, 22 sport badlands, '22 F150 rcsb
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reno to Vancouver in a day is a good test for seating comfort. That trip usually takes me 14 hours and if the seat isn't comfortable you feel it.

Sponsored

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And no not complaining my last of roader 30yrs ago swb 88" land Rover series 3 drum brake/leaf springs all round safety/static seatbelt, creature comforts heater. Additional suspension you're spine.

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree about the brakes. I feel like they should be bigger for the size of the vehicle? Is it the tires maybe? I’ve never had anything bigger than the 33’s on our 2-door TJ which I feel like needs bigger breaks?
Interestingly enough and a little sidebar I sometimes get a message on the screen while breaking “brakes applied power reduced”?

In any case thank you for the review.

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent info, thanks for sharing. Just a note on my experience with fuel mileage. I have noticed a big drop when traveling over 70 mph. On a recent trip to Moab, we averaged almost 26 mpg on our way back to Utah county. I kept my foot out of it and tried to keep the speed down to 65 mph. This is with our 2.7 4-door Badlands.

Ford Bronco 3500 miles in 7 days. 'My Impressions" and Comparisons (from a 20+ Jeeps veteran) Moab Fuel Mileage

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with your assessment on pretty much every aspect except the engines. I have a 2.3 Badlands 6-speed and a '20 JLU Willys 2.0. I love both of them and I think the Bronco is overall the better vehicle for me, mostly because of the much more comfortable seats and much better road manners. My Willys has the upgraded Rubicon brakes, which I think feel significantly better than the Bronco brakes. I definitely prefer the 2.0 in the Jeep to the 2.3. The Jeep feels MUCH quicker and also gets significantly better gas mileage, especially on trips. I get 18 in the Bronco, maybe 19 to 20 on long highway trips. The Jeep gets about 25mpg on the highway. Can you elaborate on your thoughts on the engines? Thanks for the great review!
Sponsored