Sponsored

1/4 mile drag race: Bronco Raptor vs First Edition vs Jeep 392 (by TFL)

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The 392 is for sure bad ass and sounds really good. But the Raptor will ride so much better and handle the faster speeds in rough terrain over the 392. The real deal video should be an actual Baja race over say a few miles or so. Sorry no way the 392 Wrangler wins that race.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Definitely eager to see more comparisons (at sea level) and with some other actual things characteristics of the trucks being compared, but quickness matters. 0-45 is pretty much what I get to enjoy more than anything. Having a good sound and something under the go pedal makes a difference when you can’t be off-roading all the time… I can’t.
It’ll be much worse at sea level. Boosted engines perform better in thin air than NA so the braptor should of had an advantage.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s really too bad jeep sucks ass
There’s a reason the 392 are going for under invoice.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what?

your kidding right. Find me a bronco raptor that’s is being sold for less than 70 grand.

i mean, I’m not saying I’m getting a jeep, but you can get a brand new 392 wrangler cheaper than a Braptor easily.

to be fair, probably quicker too.
Gotta look at MSRP in my opinion, only fair way to compare a vehicle that is actively in production.

Is it true that you’ll be hard pressed to find a Bronco Raptor on the lot at MSRP. But I did a quick search for the Jeep Wrangler 392 and cheapest one in my area (within 250 miles) is priced at $10,000 above MSRP. Most of the used ones are also priced above MSRP (3-5% above seems to be the average). The only one that is priced below MSRP has 60,000 miles on it.

But regardless of the current market shenanigans… there are people out there who are getting Bronco Raptors from their dealers at MSRP, just like there are people getting Wranglers 392 at MSRP.

Sponsored

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Gotta look at MSRP in my opinion, only fair way to compare a vehicle that is actively in production.

Is it true that you’ll be hard pressed to find a Bronco Raptor on the lot at MSRP. But I did a quick search for the Jeep Wrangler 392 and cheapest one in my area (within 250 miles) is priced at $10,000 above MSRP. Most of the used ones are also priced above MSRP (3-5% above seems to be the average). The only one that is priced below MSRP has 60,000 miles on it.

But regardless of the current market shenanigans… there are people out there who are getting Bronco Raptors from their dealers at MSRP, just like there are people getting Wranglers 392 at MSRP.
The people who are getting raptors at msrp are people with golden tickets. Stop, your cherry picking your numbers.

Last edited:

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The people who are getting raptors at msrp are people with golden tickets. Stop, don’t compare msrp, your cherry picking your numbers.
You have to compare MSRP, there is no other metric you can. ADM varies city to city and state to state. There are also people on these forums who did not get a GT who have said they are getting a Raptor at MSRP.

I still think the 392 and Raptor aren't competitors... or the people who do think that the 392 is comparable to the Raptor aren't using the Raptor's long travel suspension.

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You have to compare MSRP, there is no other metric you can. ADM varies city to city and state to state. There are also people on these forums who did not get a GT who have said they are getting a Raptor at MSRP.
Cool, show me. I’ll be happy to call up the dealer and buy one at msrp.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Cool, show me. I’ll be happy to call up the dealer and buy one at msrp.
Spend more than 5 minutes looking through the Raptor forums.

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just did, I see 1 guy who was offered at raptor , who also supposedly owns multiple high end cars. Nobody is walking in off the street get a raptor for msrp. If there is a dealer out there selling one I’d be all over it.

Dealer name bc and numbers us all I need.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just did, I see 1 guy who was offered at raptor , who also supposedly owns multiple high end cars. Nobody is walking in off the street get a raptor for msrp. If there is a dealer out there selling one I’d be all over it.
You didn't say walk in off the street. You said who wasn't a GT but go ahead and move the goal posts to achieve whatever you need.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why in the hell is this 16 minutes long? Just show the race or races and be done!!!

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You didn't say walk in off the street. You said who wasn't a GT but go ahead and move the goal posts to achieve whatever you need.
Really, what did you think I meant, I repeatedly ask for a dealers name. In no world are you getting one at msrp, we both know that. You can easily get a 392 rubicon for around 90,000 grand.

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The people who are getting raptors at msrp are people with golden tickets. Stop, your cherry picking your numbers.
GT holders are getting boned also. Seen multiple fb posts where the dealer was given the allocation for the GT holder, then immediately stabbed them in the back with $25k mark up. That’s how they steal the braptor.

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It’s really too bad jeep sucks ass
There’s a reason the 392 are going for under invoice.
It’s more like Jeep pulled the allocation requirement giving all dealers opportunities to order multiple 392s. Jeep is actually able to build the products their peddling not like ford who’s been stringing people along for years.
Sponsored