Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just chatted with the customer service line (phone, not chat) and spoke with a rep that was eager to be helpful – I want to share with everyone the updates I got from them today.

Most of this is old news but some of these tidbits might be helpful for newer people on the board. Take this all with a grain of salt, but here is what I was told:
  • Ford's intent is to try and build almost all of the MY22 orders by the end of this calendar year, barring unavoidable supply chain hold ups for parts.
  • They do not want to roll over a bunch of orders to MY23.
  • Scheduling for future build weeks is happening every 2-3 weeks.
  • MY22's will continue to be scheduled for build weeks through Nov/Dec.
  • Current orders that get rolled over to MY23 will be ahead in line over new MY23 orders placed after the order banks open, even if they get rolled over after the new orders start coming in.
  • Wildtrak trim and Tow Pkg are two biggest constraints right now - Badlands and OBX are not constrained. Did not mention SAS Pkg, unknown if its constrained or not.
  • Priority Code really only matters if a dealer has similar builds to yours and they want to put yours ahead.
Again, most of that is status quo from what we already knew/assumed. But at least it's another datapoint for us.
Sponsored

2DoorForSure

Heritage
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
McLaren, AMG, Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

• Ford's intent is to try and build almost all of the MY22 orders by the end of this calendar year, barring unavoidable supply chain hold ups for parts.
Thanks for sharing that list.

I wish they actually cared about those 2 bullets above, because the lower-volume dealers with a lot of Bronco orders won't have a chance in hell in getting their allocations upped to deliver on that promise.

And we all remember when they were building customer walk-in orders before reservations. :censored: Not many constraints now, but the production volume still can't appear satisfy the backlog of orders.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If they schedule/ build my 22 after Job 1 in mid-November for 23s- I'm going to be super pissed.

Wouldn't "Job 1" get pushed back if they were still building 22s?

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just chatted with the customer service line (phone, not chat) and spoke with a rep that was eager to be helpful – I want to share with everyone the updates I got from them today.

Most of this is old news but some of these tidbits might be helpful for newer people on the board. Take this all with a grain of salt, but here is what I was told:
  • Current orders that get rolled over to MY23 will be ahead in line over new MY23 orders placed after the order banks open, even if they get rolled over after the new orders start coming in.
  • Wildtrak trim and Tow Pkg are two biggest constraints right now - Badlands and OBX are not constrained. Did not mention SAS Pkg, unknown if its constrained or not.
  • Priority Code really only matters if a dealer has similar builds to yours and they want to put yours ahead.
Again, most of that is status quo from what we already knew/assumed. But at least it's another datapoint for us.
The Sasquatch package is currently constrained until the wheel availability situation is improved, which is why they stated Wildtrak as being constrained. The lock-downs in China are the reason for the low supply of Sasquatch/Wildtrak wheels.

Sponsored

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree priority code doesn't matter much, but dealer size/volume clearly does! Reservation order became a joke when the big dealerships pushed back.

I got my FE from a small dealer in mid-January, ordered a Badlands/soft top/Sas package from largest dealer in the area the same week (Jan 2022) and already have it. I know soft top clearly helped, but still. Not bragging, just saying if you haven't figured out it's controlled by large dealers yet, good luck.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think they pushed back 22's while they still had 21's to build.
It's very possible I am wrong, but didn't they make everyone in October re-order for 22 that wasn't scheduled, and then build MY2021 Job 2 until like mid December, then switch to MY2022 Job 1 and start producing 2022s? Anything that was a 2021 that came after that was stuck on a mountain?

I was saying that even though they have the November switch out date, it could move back again a couple weeks if they think they can get more 2022s done like they did last switchover.

Again I could be misinterpreting the events that happened last time.

Djveks22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for sharing that list.

I wish they actually cared about those 2 bullets above, because the lower-volume dealers with a lot of Bronco orders won't have a chance in hell in getting their allocations upped to deliver on that promise.

And we all remember when they were building customer walk-in orders before reservations. :censored: Not many constraints now, but the production volume still can't appear satisfy the backlog of orders.
I’m confused. Make all my22 orders but if at a tiny dealership with like 600 orders, that means the few allocated ones ?

Sponsored

spot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E350 & Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks!

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whoa - hold the boat. Since when? THE BUILDS GO IN RESERVATION ORDER ( Accounting for constraints )... I'm told.
of course, I don't really care CAUSE I GOT MY VIN last week! 7/22/20 res. BadSquatch 4d, lux, hardtop, 2.7. I was 60 out of 100ish after the initial order deadline at my dealer ( I would classify them as medium/small ).

Saw4Fire

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thank you for sharing this. I ordered my Bronco (Dec. 2021) knowing that I had no idea when it would be delivered. I trust my dealer (Sill-Terhar Ford, Broomfield, CO). I have bought various vehicles from them (including four big Broncos) over the decades (first F250 ordered in 1985). My mother bought two Volvos from them. They have always treated me very well. We agreed to sticker price. They didn't stick me with add-ons. I have not been scheduled yet. After reading this, I'm hopeful that I will be scheduled before the end of the year. If not, so be it. Ford is obviously trying to make as many as they can as fast as they can.

If you are not patient, do not place an order for a truck that has a long waiting list.

srjod

Big Bend
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Whoa - hold the boat. Since when? THE BUILDS GO IN RESERVATION ORDER ( Accounting for constraints )... I'm told.
of course, I don't really care CAUSE I GOT MY VIN last week! 7/22/20 res. BadSquatch 4d, lux, hardtop, 2.7. I was 60 out of 100ish after the initial order deadline at my dealer ( I would classify them as medium/small ).
Holy crap. I was on this thread thinking I would hear something nice. I ordered august ‘21. Man, I’ve got at least another 12 months.
Sponsored