Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Zach,
I have a few questions for you since my reservation is with you.

1. What are you hearing for price protection beyond 2023? I was told that it is unlikely that I will even get a 2023 since I am so far down on the list.

2. If Ford does drop price protection for after 2023, would your plan be to protect our pricing as a company or are we just out of luck at that point.

3. As a dealership, have you heard anything from Ford, formally or informally about reservation holders getting their builds by the end of 2023 or is it all in limbo?

4. Who will be the new person dealing with all of us reservation holders? I heard a rumor that Hunter may be moving within your company.

Thank you for your time.
@Zach@Granger
Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1. I haven't heard anything and this is too early to speculate on how this will all play out. If I'm a betting man, I would imagine that almost if not all of our reservations will be filled by the end of the 2023 model year.
2. We will always protect our discount from MSRP or invoice that we advertised. Price protection is solely a Ford decision.
3. I haven't heard anything from Ford about how allocation will work in 2023.
4. Since this all has grown so much (it all started with the Bronco) We have greatly increased this operation from Albert who started everything we have a department of 8+ people who handle orders for new Ford and Stellantis vehicles. So it may be by committee instead of just one person dedicated to it.

Overall I'm cautiously optimistic for 2023 for 4 reasons.

1. I anticipate overall production at Ford to be better. I know we thought this last year would produce better overall production, but it seems covid shutdowns around the world are becoming less frequent and as we've learned over the last couple of years, our supply chain is extremely fragile based upon the overall global conditions.
2. Sales Growth at Granger Ford. One of the main reasons we received a lower allocation number because our historical sales were not as big as a lot of the dealerships nationally. Thanks to our support here and the great marketers that you guys are, word of our aggressive pricing on orders spread quickly. The 12 months leading up to the launch of the reservation system at Ford we sold 261 new Ford vehicles, over the last 12 months we have sold 896 new Ford vehicles. Based on sold orders incoming, that number will continue to grow to over 1200 in 12 months. This should help improve our allocation for Broncos. One of the arguments that was used against us was that we are only selling the hottest vehicle Ford has, but not the other less desirable vehicles. That argument can't be used against us anymore.
3. Change in allocation methodology - I don't have any solid information on this from anyone at Ford. But common sense would tell me that Ford will change their allocation on the Bronco to match the rest of the product lines they offer. With Ford's emphasis as a company on Custom Orders continuing we should be positioned well to accel in that enviroment. If they use that allocation process for 2023, I believe our allocation will rise tremendously (50+ Broncos Month).
4. Attrition of Reservation holders - We have 885 total reservations. 338 are still in "99" status. How many of those reservation holders will still order a Bronco? 90%, 70% 50%? If we know of someone who won't take their Bronco we will cancel that order and move onto the next reservation holder rather than receive that Bronco for stock inventory. We owe this to our reservation holders to help speed up the process for those who have been patient.

Zach

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1. I haven't heard anything and this is too early to speculate on how this will all play out. If I'm a betting man, I would imagine that almost if not all of our reservations will be filled by the end of the 2023 model year.
2. We will always protect our discount from MSRP or invoice that we advertised. Price protection is solely a Ford decision.
4. Since this all has grown so much (it all started with the Bronco) We have greatly increased this operation from Albert who started everything we have a department of 8+ people who handle orders for new Ford and Stellantis vehicles. So it may be by committee instead of just one person dedicated to it.

1. I anticipate overall production at Ford to be better. I know we thought this last year would produce better overall production, but it seems covid shutdowns around the world are becoming less frequent and as we've learned over the last couple of years, our supply chain is extremely fragile based upon the overall global conditions.
2. Sales Growth at Granger Ford. One of the main reasons we received a lower allocation number because our historical sales were not as big as a lot of the dealerships nationally. Thanks to our support here and the great marketers that you guys are, word of our aggressive pricing on orders spread quickly. The 12 months leading up to the launch of the reservation system at Ford we sold 261 new Ford vehicles, over the last 12 months we have sold 896 new Ford vehicles. Based on sold orders incoming, that number will continue to grow to over 1200 in 12 months. This should help improve our allocation for Broncos. One of the arguments that was used against us was that we are only selling the hottest vehicle Ford has, but not the other less desirable vehicles. That argument can't be used against us anymore.
3. Change in allocation methodology - I don't have any solid information on this from anyone at Ford. But common sense would tell me that Ford will change their allocation on the Bronco to match the rest of the product lines they offer. With Ford's emphasis as a company on Custom Orders continuing we should be positioned well to accel in that enviroment. If they use that allocation process for 2023, I believe our allocation will rise tremendously (50+ Broncos Month).
4. Attrition of Reservation holders - We have 885 total reservations. 338 are still in "99" status. How many of those reservation holders will still order a Bronco? 90%, 70% 50%? If we know of someone who won't take their Bronco we will cancel that order and move onto the next reservation holder rather than receive that Bronco for stock inventory. We owe this to our reservation holders to help speed up the process for those who have been patient.

Zach
Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wanted to chime in and say that I got my Bronco from Granger approximately six months ago (December 31st to be exact) and it was one of the greatest dealership experiences I've ever had. No pressure, very laid back, helped on things needed but didn't waste your time either. Great dealership and deserves praise all around.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Zach
Zach,
You guys are awesome and I greatly appreciate the reply. I just wanted to ask the hard questions as with everyone else, I’d rather not speculate too much and hear some of the thoughts on what might be. Things that you control and even things you cannot. If your anticipation of MY23 is wrong…, at least you are willing to give it a stab in the dark and for that I greatly appreciate it. I still stand by my order with your dealership and can’t wait to fly out and pick up my Bronco and meet everyone in person.

Have a great day….

Sponsored
OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just wanted to chime in and say that I got my Bronco from Granger approximately six months ago (December 31st to be exact) and it was one of the greatest dealership experiences I've ever had. No pressure, very laid back, helped on things needed but didn't waste your time either. Great dealership and deserves praise all around.
I have absolutely no doubt about that 😁

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Been hoping/looking for a June update from @Zach@Granger.... Finally did a search & found this post! Sucks so much about the 3 scheduled orders for this month.. Hope Ford gets the ball rolling for us Granger order holders next month! I'm getting very anxious lol

c72k

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Been hoping/looking for a June update from @Zach@Granger.... Finally did a search & found this post! Sucks so much about the 3 scheduled orders for this month.. Hope Ford gets the ball rolling for us Granger order holders next month! I'm getting very anxious lol
Wouldn’t hold your breath. I’m hoping Q1 of 2023 but even then it’s a distant hope

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks as always @Zach@Granger

I'm holding onto my Bronco reservation mostly as a security blanket. As soon as I have a solid build date for my Wrangler, I'll let Hunter know he can cancel the Bronco.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wouldn’t hold your breath. I’m hoping Q1 of 2023 but even then it’s a distant hope
No, not hoping for any good news next month necessarily.. just hoping they increase allocations to more then three.

Sponsored

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan, Rav4, had a 76 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When 23 re-orderiing comes around, Please wait for those 99'd oders to call you, I could use their spot in line! :p

Last edited:

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for the sit rep @Zach@Granger , it's been on my mind about how this will play out as I'm currently around number 235 in the waiting list. Now I feel much better to hear from you so thank you.

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Zach@Granger
Any chance you could pop an updated version of "the list" into this thread? I've been trying to document my number by month to track movement. I know it likely hasn't changed much due to the extremely low allocations, but we don't have any visibility into cancelled orders that may push us up some. It's the little things at this point...
Thanks in advance!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am on the fence about 2023, if I am forced to re-order, it will depend on how much Ford raises the invoice prices (as I know Granger won't change the deal). I have been very happy to wait to have a final sales experience similar to everyone else who has gone through Granger. So far communication has been great Zack, and thank you for all you do... I think that I am somewhere near 400 in line.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am on the fence about 2023, if I am forced to re-order, it will depend on how much Ford raises the invoice prices (as I know Granger won't change the deal). I have been very happy to wait to have a final sales experience similar to everyone else who has gone through Granger. So far communication has been great Zack, and thank you for all you do... I think that I am somewhere near 400 in line.
I was under the impression that price protection continued through 2023, but I could be wrong.
Sponsored