Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That seems to be the consistent feedback. Bronco lifts a wheel relatively easy compared to Jeeps, but it consistently beats expectations with only three points of contact.

Love the Billy Goat name!

Any thoughts on how a non-Sas BL on the stock 33s would have handled the same trails?
With at least one locker, you should be able to lift a wheel and still keep moving forward without issue. At that point it’s simply about rollover risk.

And with a front and rear locker, even a teeter-totter spot that keeps only 2 wheels down on an IFS rig (like golden crack) should be doable.

And if you only have one tire on the ground, it’s a bad day no matter what you’re driving ;)
Sponsored

CJtoJLU

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Pritchett is my favorite trail in Moab. I would love to see how the new Broncos perform on that trail.
There’s a video out there where someone runs it in a pretty damaged stock badlands Sasquatch ford lent them for the attempt. Pretty sure he got up.

cardad

Raptor
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Wrangler 4xe, Rivian R1T, Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There’s a video out there where someone runs it in a pretty damaged stock badlands Sasquatch ford lent them for the attempt. Pretty sure he got up.
It wasn’t damaged to begin with. They just removed the body panels to avoid damaging them. After they did Pritchett there was some damage to a tail light. They also did high dive at behind the rocks.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
BC overlanding

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What mods/setup are you running for holding the rotopax and traction boards around the spare?
Rock Slide Engineering AC-TR-102S Ez Rack Kit/Basic/Steel Any Tire Size https://a.co/d/eJ6gIOp

I use this for rotopak and started off with the maxxtrax straped to the bottom of the tire with Roksteaps any strap willl work tho. But i ended up mounting the maxxtrax on top of the rotopak using the handles to strap down that worked really good. Hope that make since

OP
OP
BC overlanding

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That seems to be the consistent feedback. Bronco lifts a wheel relatively easy compared to Jeeps, but it consistently beats expectations with only three points of contact.

Love the Billy Goat name!

Any thoughts on how a non-Sas BL on the stock 33s would have handled the same trails?
The reason i got the Bronco was because we went to Moab last yr and beat the hell out of my Tacoma on 32’s and my buddy had 4 runner pro 3inch lift on 33 He came back and bought a jeep on 37’s Not saying trails can’t be Done but you will different beat the hell out of you rig even picking the best line

OP
OP
BC overlanding

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like you had a amazing time. Am I reading your list correctly you did Pritchard and cliff hanger? How did you like them? I ran most of the other in April but skipped them two. Where you able to climb the first stair step on Pritchard without winching?
No sir only did the ones that have check marks, we had planned on running Cliff hanger just ran out of time but don't have any plans to run Pritchett, its a 9-10 and mostly above my pay grade. It has been run by a stock 1st edition Bronco but the driver was Loren Healy so

lilthom

Badlands
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Badlands 2017 Superduty 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same question that Natai had. "Any thoughts on how a non-Sas BL on the stock 33s would have handled the same trails?" I am not sure whether I need or want to step up to 35s.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BC overlanding

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same question that Natai had. "Any thoughts on how a non-Sas BL on the stock 33s would have handled the same trails?" I am not sure whether I need or want to step up to 35s.
It’s doable on 33’s but you will take some big hits probably, even with the best lines

lilthom

Badlands
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Badlands 2017 Superduty 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s doable on 33’s but you will take some big hits probably, even with the best lines
That's what I figured. I've done Moab in my true EB crawler on 40s a couple of times but watching the videos with the new Broncos I imagine a lot of belly rubbing and bumper bashing if I try some of these.
Were those battle scars with your 35s? I haven't studied all the factory and after market skid plates. Are those after market? They look beefier than what Ford would put on.

OP
OP
BC overlanding

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's what I figured. I've done Moab in my true EB crawler on 40s a couple of times but watching the videos with the new Broncos I imagine a lot of belly rubbing and bumper bashing if I try some of these.
Yep 100%
Sponsored