bramthun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Roush
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting that they still call the tow package a constraint. I just bought a 22 badlands SAS lux with a tow package. It was a retail unit ordered by the dealer. But the one I ordered 18 Mos ago isn't scheduled for.production yet.
Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just chatted with the customer service line (phone, not chat) and spoke with a rep that was eager to be helpful – I want to share with everyone the updates I got from them today.

Most of this is old news but some of these tidbits might be helpful for newer people on the board. Take this all with a grain of salt, but here is what I was told:
  • Ford's intent is to try and build almost all of the MY22 orders by the end of this calendar year, barring unavoidable supply chain hold ups for parts.
  • They do not want to roll over a bunch of orders to MY23.
  • Scheduling for future build weeks is happening every 2-3 weeks.
  • MY22's will continue to be scheduled for build weeks through Nov/Dec.
  • Current orders that get rolled over to MY23 will be ahead in line over new MY23 orders placed after the order banks open, even if they get rolled over after the new orders start coming in.
  • Wildtrak trim and Tow Pkg are two biggest constraints right now - Badlands and OBX are not constrained. Did not mention SAS Pkg, unknown if its constrained or not.
  • Priority Code really only matters if a dealer has similar builds to yours and they want to put yours ahead.
Again, most of that is status quo from what we already knew/assumed. But at least it's another datapoint for us.
I find this interesting, but purely for the sake of entertainment. Why would anyone believe anything Ford says at this point?

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's exactly what I'm thinking. If in getting a 22 at the end of the year, I would rather hold out for a 23 and maybe have some better color choices. I do feel like I'll get bumped to 23. I ordered July of 21. Then reordered in Oct.
I'm also hoping they re-introduce the painted modular top with the '23MY.

Fortysomethingsci

Outer Banks
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A plan to get the Broncos built is one thing... now to get the backlog shipped and into the hands of the customers? That's a whole nuther' logistics issue all together.... I've been sitting on a "built" email for 4 weeks now with no estimate of delivery date.

alu5530

Badlands
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands order holder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy crap. I was on this thread thinking I would hear something nice. I ordered august ‘21. Man, I’ve got at least another 12 months.
Same🤦🏻‍♀️

Sponsored

Aschmurf

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jaguar XK-R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a soft top option to be added for 2-doors in MY23. Not scheduled and doubt I can make the MY22 cut with my 14JUL21 order.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A plan to get the Broncos built is one thing... now to get the backlog shipped and into the hands of the customers? That's a whole nuther' logistics issue all together.... I've been sitting on a "built" email for 4 weeks now with no estimate of delivery date.
Ford should prep the vehicles and let us pick them up at the factory.

E_Cups

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife's Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Spoke to my Dealer yesterday. He told me it is highly unlikely I will get a 22 unless I get a build week by the middle of July. He did say we would reorder in August and there would be some form of price protection. Order date 10/21, Outer Banks, 2.7, 2-door, with tow.

Redcobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition, 2020 Escape, 1970 Galaxie XL Conv
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi All 8/20 order, in production, invoiced 6/22/22 (window Sticker), blend date today! how do I know if its happening?
OBX 2 dr 2.3, Auto, Cactus, Onyx Leather, Lux, rear locker, keyless and more.
no 2.7, tow or Squatch as dealer said would hold my order up for months.

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think that FORD has no clue, as usual. They really, really, really want to have all MY21 and MY22 delivered before they start on the MY23 units because it will cause another backlog delay that had to deal with at the beginning of 2022. They were so backed up on 2021 orders that they couldn't start actually making the 2022s until later. Doing that caused back log into the 2022MY delaying things even more. That way they are starting with a clean slate.
However that is just my point of view.

Sponsored

Robert19

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just chatted with the customer service line (phone, not chat) and spoke with a rep that was eager to be helpful – I want to share with everyone the updates I got from them today.

Most of this is old news but some of these tidbits might be helpful for newer people on the board. Take this all with a grain of salt, but here is what I was told:
  • Ford's intent is to try and build almost all of the MY22 orders by the end of this calendar year, barring unavoidable supply chain hold ups for parts.
  • They do not want to roll over a bunch of orders to MY23.
  • Scheduling for future build weeks is happening every 2-3 weeks.
  • MY22's will continue to be scheduled for build weeks through Nov/Dec.
  • Current orders that get rolled over to MY23 will be ahead in line over new MY23 orders placed after the order banks open, even if they get rolled over after the new orders start coming in.
  • Wildtrak trim and Tow Pkg are two biggest constraints right now - Badlands and OBX are not constrained. Did not mention SAS Pkg, unknown if its constrained or not.
  • Priority Code really only matters if a dealer has similar builds to yours and they want to put yours ahead.
Again, most of that is status quo from what we already knew/assumed. But at least it's another datapoint for us.
Flashback to being a 21 reservation holder and hearing they intend to build all 21 orders. They don't want to push many people to a 22. And they will prioritize 21 orders over new builds..... and here we are.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That makes sense. As much as we don't like it, the "formula" was disclosed a year ago. It wasn't perfectly clear but the gist was "if you ordered from a small volume dealer it will take a lot longer than placing a new order at a large volume one". I ordered my second one at a high volume dealer and I'm a 10 so I'm hopeful I'll get scheduled.
I hate to blow that one out of the water, but the dealer I used for the BD is smaller than the dealer for my BL.
My BL dealer has gotten numerous Broncos that are behind me in his line. Ford just refuses to make my high content Bronco, preferring decontented models. I think a lot of the early orders that Ford is not making are "loaded" models. This is not an allocation or "place in line" issue. It is Ford's choice to build what "they" want rather than what a "customer" wants.
Sponsored