First Name
Blaise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands/Sasquatch Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello. I am new to this forum, but have used it to gather information both before and after I bought my bronco. I am having issues with it, and the dealership is not helping me. One issue I was hoping for help with is the soft top. The headliner area on mine has turned a sort of rust color. The dealer told me that is normal, and that is how the other Broncos look. Frankly, I don't buy it as it was black when I bought it. Could you guys post pictures of yours, so I have some evidence?

ROOF 10.jpg

ROOF 11.jpg

ROOF 12.jpg
Sponsored

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Unfortunately that looks like sun bleaching. Do you leave your top open in the sun a lot?

It's really a cosmetic thing. You could tape/tarp up the top and apply some nice even sprays of black on it and fix it right up.

OP
OP

blaisenguns

Badlands
First Name
Blaise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately that looks like sun bleaching. Do you leave your top open in the sun a lot?

It's really a cosmetic thing. You could tape/tarp up the top and apply some nice even sprays of black on it and fix it right up.
I live in Florida so if it is down at all it is in the sun lol. That said, I have only had this since December, and I don't think it should be that way in such a short period.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is showing signs of sun bleaching as well.
That's what it is.
Mine is open all of the time, and FL has more intense sun than NC.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Normal. Only way to replace this is with the entire frame mechanism. Some show more of the Lenderlink or whatever torsion box panel supplier Webasto is using, than others. Not structural, batch of resin could've been different or not tinted enough if they're adding color to it. At most, I'd consider the flat black rattle can solution above.

Sponsored

DoubleADuster

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Ford Thunderbird
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is happening slightly to mine. I rarely have my top down. I was not super concerned.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello. I am new to this forum, but have used it to gather information both before and after I bought my bronco. I am having issues with it, and the dealership is not helping me. One issue I was hoping for help with is the soft top. The headliner area on mine has turned a sort of rust color. The dealer told me that is normal, and that is how the other Broncos look. Frankly, I don't buy it as it was black when I bought it. Could you guys post pictures of yours, so I have some evidence?

Ford Bronco Soft Top Issues ROOF 12

Good afternoon, Blaise! This doesn’t sound like the experience we want you to be having with your Bronco. Please go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information. I’d be happy to look into these soft top concerns for you. Thank you!

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good afternoon, Blaise! This doesn’t sound like the experience we want you to be having with your Bronco. Please go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information. I’d be happy to look into these soft top concerns for you. Thank you!
Ah yes, the inevitable response from @Ford Motor Company pretending like they're going to actually try to help. OP, please post a screeshot of FMC's response after they "look into these soft top concerns for you."

OP
OP

blaisenguns

Badlands
First Name
Blaise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah yes, the inevitable response from @Ford Motor Company pretending like they're going to actually try to help. OP, please post a screeshot of FMC's response after they "look into these soft top concerns for you."
Will do. It is currently in the dealers hands anyway. I had some other issues too.
Sponsored