First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually read up on GMRS radios a bit before the purchase. Figured I would get a handheld to try out first before purchasing a permanent unit to mount. Probably should have read a bit more on GMRS "use" beforehand. I was thinking it was a bit more like a CB.

In conclusion, it probably will be all I need, since it appears it will only be used for trips with multiple vehicles on road or trail.

In General, use does not seem to be very popular here in Michigan. I was expecting to hear some "chatter" when turning it on. Quiet like crickets, also looked into repeater towers... Not many in Michigan either. We have road trip planned, I will leave on to listen however may also get an older CB as well. Not really into CB's but may be fun to listen to while traveling.

If anyone needs more info on the "install" just ping me :ROFLMAO: 😂

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My daughter wanted to know what I wanted for Christmas, sent her this link on Amazon. So I think I will have these in a week or so! Good reviews and low price! $60
EASY INSTALL ALSO!

Ford Bronco Easiest/Fastest GMRS radio install! 1671221622927

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You did make a good choice and your plans for traveling with others is a great way to use your radio. About the only way to hear chatter is if you are in range of a GMRS repeater. Your radio is a great repeater radio so you can plan for the times you may be in a repeater area.

https://www.repeaterbook.com/gmrs/index.php?state_id=none

OP
OP

bronco_ed

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have found that setting up the repeaters is quite simple. From my house I can hear transmissions from 2 repeaters with the handheld. It is two far for transmission on the handheld. My brother picked up a radio so now the goal is to reach his home. I picked up the 20 WATT Woxoum. If this does not pan out with the Bronco and being able to hit him. I may put this in the UTV and pic up the 50 Watt unit.

Most of family is all within a reasonable distance that "should work" with GMRS. We are trying to set things up that we can talk with other for various reasons...

We will be doing some testing soon…
Ford Bronco Easiest/Fastest GMRS radio install! 0105C500-D016-4F5B-83EC-144D771F8A70

fdchief

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch, 1995 F250, 2018 Rebel R2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs