Threads
Reaction score
Website
ac-fab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ouch, similar thing happened to me. Switching out an inner (oem) and I went too fast ignoring how hard it was to thread in, and ended up stripping it. Thank goodness for tap and die!

Other than that, you’ve never broke any rods/messed up your rack?
I bent a tie rod. Jumped the bronco and landed side ways on a small hill. Didn't break just bent.
Sponsored

Oscargrouch323

Base
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ac-fab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ouch, similar thing happened to me. Switching out an inner (oem) and I went too fast ignoring how hard it was to thread in, and ended up stripping it. Thank goodness for tap and die!

Other than that, you’ve never broke any rods/messed up your rack?
Mine I had tonwepd an insert. Their wasn't enough treads

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My work industry allowed me to get them soon as I got my bronco. The 0 to 2 lift is based on the rest of the geometry. Diffrent arms, different drom etc will allow more lift. Can you lift it more yes, but then you will have all those steering issues people have. Most of the broncos breaking are because their just lifting the bronco with no other upgrades.
Do you know if aftermarket UCA is need with the kings @ 2" lift. I won't be doing any heavy wheeling. My use case is mainly for driving offroad to remote areas for camping.

Oscargrouch323

Base
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ac-fab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you know if aftermarket UCA is need with the kings @ 2" lift. I won't be doing any heavy wheeling. My use case is mainly for driving offroad to remote areas for camping.
With the added articulation its best to do so. Otherwise your upper controll arm will work as a limiting strap and bent/break the ball joint.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the added articulation its best to do so. Otherwise your upper controll arm will work as a limiting strap and bent/break the ball joint.
Hmmm… what do you think of this guys’ post? Is using a similar uniball to the Camburgs

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...schwab-fabtech-3-lift-fail.42614/post-1382908

I run Camburgs too, but it was for the alignment. Noticed their description says increased wheel travel but it’s generic copy and paste from their other platforms. A few other guys have also told me the Bronco UCA is a special case that actually offers the same/more angle.

Sponsored

clpray16

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Ford Bronco , Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Had an order in with king, they kept pushing it back because they didn't have springs, then paid $400 to order eibach springs to get them finished ("should take 2 weeks") after another month of waiting they told me they were missing more parts and it might be September, im on a tight schedule, have to ship my bronco to Hawaii by September, dealer im going through offered ICON coilovers that can ship asap so I pulled the trigger. Really wanted the kings, will I be missing out on much?

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had an order in with king, they kept pushing it back because they didn't have springs, then paid $400 to order eibach springs to get them finished ("should take 2 weeks") after another month of waiting they told me they were missing more parts and it might be September, im on a tight schedule, have to ship my bronco to Hawaii by September, dealer im going through offered ICON coilovers that can ship asap so I pulled the trigger. Really wanted the kings, will I be missing out on much?
A more comfortable ride is what I’d wager. Just going off other platforms, Icon tends to be valved more for the spirited off road driver. However, the Icons do have more travel than Kings.

Worst case, could just ship the shocks to Hawaii when they’re ready and install them there. Ocean freight isn’t too bad.

clpray16

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Ford Bronco , Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A more comfortable ride is what I’d wager. Just going off other platforms, Icon tends to be valved more for the spirited off road driver. However, the Icons do have more travel than Kings.

Worst case, could just ship the shocks to Hawaii when they’re ready and install them there. Ocean freight isn’t too bad.
Thanks for the info, Kind of good to hear because that’s what I’m going for, I’ve just seen not great reviews of icon (blowing shocks after 1k miles) probably isolated incidents. Biggest reason I want to install them mainland is that I have access to all the tools to do it myself here

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info, Kind of good to hear because that’s what I’m going for, I’ve just seen not great reviews of icon (blowing shocks after 1k miles) probably isolated incidents. Biggest reason I want to install them mainland is that I have access to all the tools to do it myself here
If on road is what you’re going for, might be best to stick with your stock shocks. Pretty much all of the performance shock companies are going to stiffen you up from factory at least a little bit. Just the nature of monotube riding on metal mounts. In cars, just remember that every “upgrade” you do will be sacrificing one thing for another.

It can depend on where you’re movin to, but Hawaii can also be very unkind to high performance steel bodied shocks as well between the rain and saltwater. The newer king/foxes/icons have a coating that prevents this, but they still fail after only a year or 2 in that climate. Only thing you can do besides reanodizing is fluid film to slow it down.

To add insult to injury, there isn’t any real place here where you’d use a high performance shock to its potential. I’d wager that you’d be hard-pressed to find a trail long enough to even get your factory shocks to fade.

Nonetheless, we still rock em here. Gotta get those mallcrawl points in somehow.

Last edited:

mike12779

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed the King adjustable coilovers last week and so far so good. I had the front for a few months sitting and just received the rear a couple weeks ago as they were waiting for springs. I had them ordered from November. Definitely smoother over the stock sasquatch suspension at higher speeds off road. It also seems a bit smoother on the highway. I also installed Camburg's upper control arms as well as the trailing arms.

The only complaint I have so far is I am getting noise from the back slider between the two springs. I called King and they mentioned it is coming from the slider and it should break in by 1000 miles. It has seemed to lessen, but I only have a couple hundred miles on them.
Ford Bronco Any Fox / King review yet? 20220625_145322
t

Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the King adjustable coilovers last week and so far so good. I had the front for a few months sitting and just received the rear a couple weeks ago as they were waiting for springs. I had them ordered from November. Definitely smoother over the stock sasquatch suspension at higher speeds off road. It also seems a bit smoother on the highway. I also installed Camburg's upper control arms as well as the trailing arms.

The only complaint I have so far is I am getting noise from the back slider between the two springs. I called King and they mentioned it is coming from the slider and it should break in by 1000 miles. It has seemed to lessen, but I only have a couple hundred miles on them.
Ford Bronco Any Fox / King review yet? 20220625_145322
t
What do you have the compression adjuster set to for street driving?

mike12779

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you have the compression adjuster set to for street driving?
Right now I have it on the softest setting. I have only done a slow offroad trail and on the highway. I am hoping to take it out to Johnson Valley in the coming weeks and try some other settings.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can add a little dry silicone spray on the body where the slider rides. should help in quieting it down some. It should eventually wear in and get quieter.

@Dusty yes, the 4WP coil-overs are made by Walker.
I heard a rumor the shock line from Walker was bought by Fox, but haven't heard anything else about it. The impact forged cylinders they use could possibly be from the same factory.
Are your EXP bodies made from billet or impact forged?

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Dusty yes, the 4WP coil-overs are made by Walker.
I heard a rumor the shock line from Walker was bought by Fox, but haven't heard anything else about it. The impact forged cylinders they use could possibly be from the same factory.
Are your EXP bodies made from billet or impact forged?
From the product description: "One-piece, impact extruded, hard anodized aluminum cylinder offers excellent corrosion resistance and consistent finish"

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve been running the Fox coil overs with Camburg UCAs and trailing arms since March. They have been good so far, haven’t messed around much with the high and low speed compression yet.

Lift was initially about 3.5 in front and 1.5 in back with the preload set like it came. I’m sure the front has settled a little now.

Going to turn up the compression a bit, especially in the back, and add a few turns of spring pre-load ( rear had no pre-load turns) to stiffen it up.

We’re running 37” Nitto Trail Graplers ( which are huge) required some trimming to eliminate rubbing. I started a thread on mods necessary to run 37s. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/37”-tire-rubbing-modifications.44855/page-3#post-1505740
Sponsored