Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going to install my setup on the wife’s CO Badlands soon. I will take some photos of the bottom plate before I install the winch plate and of course will take one of my camera view. Anything else y’all want to see?
Sponsored

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I take back what I said, I'm digging the setup. Granted, I haven't gotten to actually use the winch since I haven't gotten stuck, so I can't speak to the strength which is still my concern. JCR bracket, BAFM control pack, KR Offroad Front plate bracket make it a clean install. JCR view is perfect and ACC still works.

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation IMG_4075

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation IMG_3689 - Copy

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Very nice setup! Just finished mine up over the weekend, I relocated my control box to the passenger side since I don't plan on running a compressor. I ordered a JCR camera bracket as well, hoping to see that soon.

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation IMG_3689 - Copy

Details on the switch bracket? I mounted my apex winch but haven’t found a good way to mount the switch. Yours looks good.

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 42A4B0DA-BDC9-40D0-A6C2-8B2F9E6FB263

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice setup! Just finished mine up over the weekend, I relocated my control box to the passenger side since I don't plan on running a compressor. I ordered a JCR camera bracket as well, hoping to see that soon.

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 42A4B0DA-BDC9-40D0-A6C2-8B2F9E6FB263

Nice job with the control box... that damn thing is huge. I ended up taking it apart, reconfiguring it, and printing an enclosure for it.

20220703_114258.jpg

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I still think that I am going with the RC hidden winch for the 2.7 now that it is available. I like the not there look.

Yours looks very clean and wicked however!

Sponsored

Vellicate

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2014 Flex Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Details on the switch bracket? I mounted my apex winch but haven’t found a good way to mount the switch. Yours looks good.

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 20220703_114258
Homemade bracket, cut and welded out of some scrap I had laying around. I copied the basic design of an ARB compressor mount, made a support to the firewall, upper coilovers bolt and to the passenger fender. It's not the prettiest but it works. I didn't take any pictures of the bracket by itself but I can try to get some better pictures of it installed.

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same mount on order along with the rough country winch. The control box relocation is what I’m trying to figure out. Their control box is huge. I’ll probably just have to build something for it once it’s in my hands.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation IMG20220712185330
Do you mind me asking what you used to relocate the solenoid pack on that winch?
I have the same Apex waiting to be installed here, and should have a winch mount in my hands by end of the month, so I'm starting to actually plan this installation...

Sponsored

Vellicate

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2014 Flex Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you mind me asking what you used to relocate the solenoid pack on that winch?
I have the same Apex waiting to be installed here, and should have a winch mount in my hands by end of the month, so I'm starting to actually plan this installation...
The Apex winch will include most everything you should need to relocate . I made my own bracket out of scrap steel I had laying around. My winch came with 3 ft cables to go from the winch to the control box, which were too short for where I needed to go. I was able to find 6 ft 2awg cables that worked out pretty well. Others said you might be able to have the cables made at a local auto parts store.
As far as the bracket goes, I didn't really make a template, just measured and fabricated as I went. I did use the design of the ARB bracket as inspiration. Others have just taken the guts out and put them into a waterproof electrical work box as the Apex control box is unnecessarily huge.
If you have any more questions, I will try my best to answer. Have a good one

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not a Rough Country fan but this is the simple mount I was looking for. Thank you for posting this.

OP
OP
BroncoSarge

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The smittybilt only needs longer cables. I went with the Warn kit cause the price wasn’t bad, decent length cables and the rubber end caps were black. Didn’t want red and yellow on my front bumper.

WARN 89960 ZEON Control Pack Relocation Kit

OP
OP
BroncoSarge

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the view fro the camera. Finally took some.
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 537B81A0-3FED-4875-BCBD-1DB450B6711B

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation BB4D6DEB-5E98-4EFA-95DA-03AB6EA86197

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of you that have installed the RC winch mount, how hard would it be to remove/put back after you've done the initial install? I'm thinking about getting this but I don't want to run it permanently and I'm ok with the idea of spending an hour putting it back on for when I might need it.
Sponsored