First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure if it's been mentioned but "fighter jet gray" is actually a color already offered by Ford on the Mustang Mach 1. It's not quite cactus gray, although it's very close. It has less green in it IMO.

They could be replacing Cactus with Fighter Jet? Or it's possible that Automotive Touchup just didn't get the name right.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lead foot...nice...probably the only color so far that would have come close to luring me away from picking AMB on my 2021. Although, it may clash with flares/MIC top, since it's close, but not exact. Love it on the F150s.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure if it's been mentioned but "fighter jet gray" is actually a color already offered by Ford on the Mustang Mach 1. It's not quite cactus gray, although it's very close. It has less green in it IMO.

They could be replacing Cactus with Fighter Jet? Or it's possible that Automotive Touchup just didn't get the name right.
Both colors are the exact same. Just a different name.

Sponsored

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

they are the same, Cactus Gray is NE paint code

now I’m all for the name change, fighter jet gray sounds better

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“I don't think Hot Pepper Red getting axed surprises anyone, that was nobody's favorite color”.

Guess I’m nobody 😎

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco colors revealed by touch up paint site 1973 Bronco
There's a bunch of us nobodies here :) but its definitely one of those colors you have to see in person and i did not think it looked good at all on the ranger. I think I am happy/sad at the same time if it is discontinued. Happy since it makes it more unique sad that it'll be gone.

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco colors revealed by touch up paint site image0 (2)

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There's a bunch of us nobodies here :) but its definitely one of those colors you have to see in person and i did not think it looked good at all on the ranger. I think I am happy/sad at the same time if it is discontinued. Happy since it makes it more unique sad that it'll be gone.

Ford Bronco 2023 Bronco colors revealed by touch up paint site image0 (2)
My Raptor order has HPR.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This thread is hilarious. Didn't hit the "News" section last week when the pallet was referenced, shown and linked to twice in different threads. Today: it's new news!

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/my22-color-options-thread.21675/page-9#post-1491344

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/eruption-green-bronco-club.22236/page-138#post-1488193

“I don't think Hot Pepper Red getting axed surprises anyone, that was nobody's favorite color”.

Guess I’m nobody 😎

0550CBF2-6856-42B3-9C2F-CFAC229EADFE.jpeg
HPR was a 2019 Ranger "launch color" that was very poorly received (youtube the launch videos and their little parking lot showing off, most are HPR).

It was unusual at best to revive a 3 year old "dead color" for Bronco. Egg on my face as I called it out as ugly (which it is on Ranger and maverick) but on bronco it's pretty nice.

That being said, Ford rotates tri-coat paints every 2-3 years, alternating one in or out per year so it's always in flux and as Rapid Red "died" in 2021 it made sense to pull in a "1-year-special" paint to get Ford back on their normal paint rotation for tri-coats.

Enjoy your rare color! (Just don't try to color match it)

Terrain is a problem for Ford being able to produce EG. I assume paint because that's what scheduling emails kept saying. Any color but terrain/desert sand would get an EG scheduled but if you really wanted, no scheduling for that color until August. I'd be shocked if they'd offer that color for '23 without having the supplier issue fixed.
Terrain was always constrained to only being sprayed at the same time as they sprayed Terrain for the SPLASH! Rangers. And that was always designed as a Q4 2022 release. That Everglades Bronco comes in Terrain, they would always get painted together.

There does not seem to be any issue with Terrain being a "late availability" Q4 color. It also does not seem to be an issue for EG, just that they can rotate in a common color for the late availability color if you like. This might be a stretch, but perhaps Ford's color & material team chose EG as the "core" color that Everglades would come in. It is better than apartment grade off-white (Terrain) for many people.

(Desert sand looks by paint code to be Terrain)

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...nnounced-snow-forest-and-sand-editions.17678/

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Hooch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lead foot is my speed. Really liked that on the other Ford models. I should put my 2025 order in now...
I love Lead Foot Gray on my F150. It would (will) look awesome with the black MIC top. I really hope it happens or I'll be going with Iconic Silver. I am ready for the order banks to open so I can officially join everyone else who waiting for delivery.

Hooch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is "Lead Foot Grey" just a different name for "Carbonized Grey Metallic"? Or are they different colors?
I have Lead Foot on my 2018 F150. It is a flat gray with no metal fleck in it - totally different from carbonized. Pretty similar to Jeep Sting Gray.............only better because its on a Bronco (hopefully)!
Sponsored