First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jalopnik writer changes his mind about the Bronco after spending two weeks in a four-door Wildtrack with the Sasquatch package.

https://jalopnik.com/i-was-wrong-to-doubt-the-ford-bronco-1849159140
An automotive writer that gets it! My favorite paragraph!

The Broncoā€™s real strength is that it doesnā€™t try to excel at everything. The great folly of modern automotive journalism is the belief that every vehicle on the road should be Countach quick, church quiet, and couch soft. Thatā€™s a lie, and itā€™s how weā€™ve wound up in a world with increasingly homogenous vehicles, all more or less interchangeable in design and specification. The Bronco is comfortable, but it makes no attempt to hide the fact that itā€™s a body-on-frame SUV available from the factory on 35-inch tires. Thereā€™s wind noise, tire noise, squeaks and rattles. But it also tends towards civility in a way that even the reasonably well-sorted JL-generation Jeep Wrangler canā€™t match.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Broncoā€™s real strength is that it doesnā€™t try to excel at everything. The great folly of modern automotive journalism is the belief that every vehicle on the road should be Countach quick, church quiet, and couch soft. Thatā€™s a lie, and itā€™s how weā€™ve wound up in a world with increasingly homogenous vehicles, all more or less interchangeable in design and specification. The Bronco is comfortable, but it makes no attempt to hide the fact that itā€™s a body-on-frame SUV available from the factory on 35-inch tires. Thereā€™s wind noise, tire noise, squeaks and rattles. But it also tends towards civility in a way that even the reasonably well-sorted JL-generation Jeep Wrangler canā€™t match.
Couldn't agree more.

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great article, and though I donā€™t have previous jeep experience, you can tell youā€™re driving a beast. Feels like it will go over/thru anything. Especially after doing the off rodeo, probably a little too confident šŸ˜‰

Sponsored

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent article. Being a mere two hours from Windrock, sadly, I've never been.
He's right about these mountains being a rainforest, at least, at this time of year.
I'll take the Badlands there in the dryer winter months.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Too true:
Ford Bronco Jalopnik: I Was Wrong to Doubt the Ford Bronco 1657739730598
Easily my favorite line as well.

Extremely well-written, honest about why he was turned off the Bronco originally (with some views I share), and doesn't present what he likes about it like a salesman or a paid reviewer.

One of the better things I've read this month.

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

good article though it left me wondering, ranch or italian

Oisinirish

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend 4 door. Sasquatch. Manual
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And this.
But thatā€™s the thing about a good off-roader. It sits on your shoulder and whispers in your ear. Says, ā€œfuck it. Give it a shot.ā€

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As opposed to the elusive Wildtrak without Sasquatch packageā€¦ šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Every time lol
Wasn't it possible based on those reporting on receiving such a vehicle in the middle east and north african markets that their Wildtrak didn't get the Sasquatch package? Though no one in North America apart from Ford corporate employees have probably experienced that here. Though I do remember reading about it on b6g from some of those rare middle east customers.

SaudiBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wasn't it possible based on those reporting on receiving such a vehicle in the middle east and north african markets that their Wildtrak didn't get the Sasquatch package? Though no one in North America apart from Ford corporate employees have probably experienced that here. Though I do remember reading about it on b6g from some of those rare middle east customers.
Ford Bronco Jalopnik: I Was Wrong to Doubt the Ford Bronco hq720

CashOfLegend

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2009 Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Jalopnik has long been the National Enquirer of the automotive scene. Glad to see they at least gained some integrity.

EDIT: OMG I couldn't get through the first two paragraphs of that trash article. What a clown.
Sponsored