First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Heritage In Production
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
UPDATE: 6-14-2021: We now have full insight to the differences in lift height between all trim levels in this new thread:

The Definitive Guide to Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The purpose of this thread is to try and collect enough information to finally determine the height differences between all the trims. Numerous threads and posts have discussed this but have not arrived at the true differences that not even Ford will tell us. The only way we can make a final determination is to look at real hardware. This effort may not be finalized until we see the final sales units as the pre-production demo models may still have some early development parts on them.

So far these two graphics summarize the findings to date:
1620995530591-png.png

1621694750231-png.png

The first set of part numbers are from @618TRVLWILD
Bilstein P/N: F4-BE5-M970-W6
Ford P/N: MB3C-18080-ARJ
TBD P/N: 202660079

The second set of part numbers are from @Pittguy, not the differences from above:
Bilstein P/N: F4-BE5-M968-W7
Ford P/N: MB3C-18045-ARH
TBD P/N: 203500325

@mtap photos:
Ford P/N: MB3C-18045
TBD P/N: KB3ASY 00034
TBD P/N: 210126A

The Bilstein "F4-BE5" part number denotes the Bilstein 5100, non-reservoir, family of shocks. However since this is a Badlands, which include units with an external reservoir we have to assume Bilstein is playing with the part numbers for Ford or these are Pre-Production units that do not have the final part numbers assigned. The second part number is Ford's per @Scumby. The third part number did not reveal any information in a Google search.

So we can see the standard B-OB shocks share the same Ford base number as the BL, WT, FE and Sasquatch, however, those have have the added -ARJ or -ARH to denote the reservoir body shocks. Also of note are the two reservoir body shocks differ in the middle part number from -18080 to -18045

The "HOSS System with Bilstein™ Position Sensitive Dampers" appear to be a derivative of the Bilstein "B8 8112" family which are called the ZoneControl® CR family. These dampers-shocks are that are available on the BL, WT, FE or Sasquatch package.
BILSTEIN B8 8112 (ZoneControl® CR) Damping perfected

The standard "HOSS (High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension) System" are on the B, BB, BD and OB. Currently these have been seen as black colored shocks so what Bilstein series these are is still unknown.

REQUEST: For anyone that is able to see the Bronco's in person, please see if you can get photos of the dampers-shocks with the part number sticker and then post them with the model they came from.

"H
OSS System with Bilstein™ Position Sensitive Dampers", photo thanks to @618TRVLWILD and @Pittguy
Bilstein HOSS standard Dampers-Shocks.JPG

618TRVLWILD Bilstien 2.JPG

20210407_122424-jpg.jpg

Standard "HOSS (High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension) System" are on the B, BB, BD and OB, photo thanks to @mtap
6aa6cbe9-9c9a-4a1c-9402-07eb900c2419-jpeg.jpg

HOSS System with Bilstein™ Dampers - Shocks by Trim level
1617798941329-png.png

Thank you to @618TRVLWILD Ashley for getting photos at a demo yesterday and to @Pittguy for photos from an event he attended.
📸: STL Ball Park Village Event: (2) Badlands 4-Door Broncos in Race Red & Rapid Red

For further analysis please see the great thread by @Werkedperformance here:
BILSTEIN ESCV Bronco suspension / shocks explained - "End Stop Control Valve" Dampers (Bronco HOSS Suspension w/ Position Sensitive Dampers)
Great information.! What about the suffix RAJ?

Ruby1

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Heritage In Production
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Thank you. What height suspension does that denote? I think the shocks came off a 2022 WT. 2dr. Is there a difference between the ones for 2dr and 4dr? I know that the part numbers are different but are the actual shocks physically different?

sfonteno

Wildtrak
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Posting test results here.

I have a set of badlands, and I have a wildtrak sasquatch suspension. (Both part numbers.)

I plan on testing, measuring anything I can actually do. I plan on taking off the springs and testing droop, compression, and in order figure out what binds first, second, etc.

My ultimate goal is to get as much travel without wrecking the cv's up front. I am hoping straps will not be needed once everything is fully loaded, most oems have some fudge factor

What measurements do you want? I am focusing on the front first since it is the limiter.
I am planning on measuring for both shocks:
1. Travel to escv stops distance.
2. Travel with escv compressed.
3. Upward and downward travel when mounted.
4. Upward and downward travel with each component removed one by one. (Tie rods, axle bind, shock, CV joint.
5. CV/axle bind point.
6. Compressed space with 35 inch tires.
7. Top bump stop contact point.
8. Top bump stop frame lift point. (When does it stop squishing and start taking weight.)

Any others?
Sponsored

Last edited: