First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I must say that the standard hardtop looks great for colors like Area 51 and Cactus Grey, but the coloration and the name of the color is lacking a proper description.
If I pick a carbonized gray Bronco, I'd 'assume' that the carbonized gray hardtop would match. Be careful on this assumption. carbonized gray are two different colors...

1596474983486.png

I'll stick with cactus gray for now, but I do want to see all the colors - and hard tops - in person ASAP.
I'd definitely play around with the colors if we can mix and match the hard top on mine. I'm planing on ordering a two door in rapid red (if it wasn't obvious from my user name lol). I'd want to see how that red would look with the white or silver or maybe the cactus gray. If I don't like the look I'd just stick with the body color for the hard top.

I like this since they aren't giving a soft top option for the two but maybe that will be a purchasable accessory
Sponsored

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base

From what I've seen from the videos we've seen out there, the cyber orange sasquatched (spelling?) and the Rubicon trail/ Moab videos, I assume these are all preproduction or demo vehicles and aren't final versions.

Though, i believe I've noticed that those only have the front 2 occupant panels are removaval, and then just the rear camper shell (... can't think of the term as of now) ... these are the MIC top (I'm speaking of the 2 door).

I would hope my base model two door I get that has the MIC top will have the 2 front panels, as well as the rear occupant panel removaval; then you would have last the rear camper shell (... term again?) portion that can be removaval.

If not I would be annoyed cause I want that portion removaval for my rear passengers; not going to pay how much extra for every one to have the "skyward view".

I will quote the guy from the video you recommended that the only difference from the painted hard top to the "other" hardtop offering (the guy in the video's words) is that the rear glass is removaval.

"quoting at 2min 49 sec"

So I take it as the guy is saying that there is 2 tops; the MIC top and the Shadow black painted. The Shadow Black painted has the modularity of removing the rear glass.

... though, I'll hold off my final verdict til the build and price is up for us :cool: (y)

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t. For all the reasons people avoid black cars, I am avoiding a gloss black roof
I’d be fine with the grey plastic too if Ford didn’t mismatch the mirrors , door handles and flares

to me it looks
Mismatched and cheap

Last edited:

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The one in the colorizer definitely looks gray. I really hope they make a black MIC one available, but as of now, they haven't. That they have mules driving around with black MIC tops makes it worse. ?
Great! Now I'm not locked into the painted top.
I'm going with the gray top, which should have the T-top style panels (i hope), it's also the cheapest ($700) route and if i decide i want it in black, i can then Rhino it

Last edited:

Sponsored

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
... though, I'll hold off my final verdict til the build and price is up for all of us :cool: (y)
[/QUOTE]

Also, the colorizer on the Bronco page on the Ford website, that is a 2 door Badlands and that has a MIC top.

When your turn it you can see the rear occupants panel have what looks to be removaval.

The Base and Badlands have as standard the MIC top.

So I'm hoping that the MIC top has the front row and back row removaval panels.

Ford's website

Colorizer:
Ford Bronco Color Matched Hardtop vs Stock Carbonized Gray 360.JPG

Base:

Ford Bronco Color Matched Hardtop vs Stock Carbonized Gray 1598441449946

Badlands:

Ford Bronco Color Matched Hardtop vs Stock Carbonized Gray 1598441478052

:cool:(y)

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I take it as the guy is saying that there is 2 tops; the MIC top and the Shadow black painted. The Shadow Black painted has the modularity of removing the rear glass.
Nothing confuses me more than the tops. This is what I think I know for the 2-door:

It comes standard with a MIC gray T-top; breaks down in 3 pieces...no more. No extra charge; its standard.​
A body-colored painted top will be an available option; same 3-piece design​
A modular top (painted) will be an available option. It adds a removable panel over the rear seats...and also the windows are removable. I'm guessing this is the top Ford refers to when they say white will be available.​

Can anyone confirm or correct this 2-door information?

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nothing confuses me more than the tops. This is what I think I know for the 2-door:

It comes standard with a MIC gray T-top; breaks down in 3 pieces...no more. No extra charge; its standard.​
A body-colored painted top will be an available option; same 3-piece design​
A modular top (painted) will be an available option. It adds a removable panel over the rear seats...and also the windows are removable. I'm guessing this is the top Ford refers to when they say white will be available.​

Can anyone confirm or correct this 2-door information?

I'm with you in the confusion :confused:.

I believe someone had given some clarification in the thread from the ride along (d'oh can't remember which one... there have been a couple) where they mentioned that the ride alonger (not a real word i'm geussing = ) had asked about the tops.

I'm going to hold back my opinion til the build and price, til I can see my questions hopefully answered.

... in another thread last I read (can't remember which), they mentioned that the b&P may come on Sept. 1st with a redesign Ford's website changing over from the summer sales event they have going now.

... sounds close and good to me; so I'll hope it's true ;)(y)

Last edited:

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

From what I've seen from the videos we've seen out there, the cyber orange sasquatched (spelling?) and the Rubicon trail/ Moab videos, I assume these are all preproduction or demo vehicles and aren't final versions.

Though, i believe I've noticed that those only have the front 2 occupant panels are removaval, and then just the rear camper shell (... can't think of the term as of now) ... these are the MIC top (I'm speaking of the 2 door).

I would hope my base model two door I get that has the MIC top will have the 2 front panels, as well as the rear occupant panel removaval; then you would have last the rear camper shell (... term again?) portion that can be removaval.

If not I would be annoyed cause I want that portion removaval for my rear passengers; not going to pay how much extra for every one to have the "skyward view".

I will quote the guy from the video you recommended that the only difference from the painted hard top to the "other" hardtop offering (the guy in the video's words) is that the rear glass is removaval.

"quoting at 2min 49 sec"

... though, I'll hold off my final verdict til the build and price is up for us :cool: (y)
From someone at Ford: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...top-vs-stock-carbonized-gray.3403/post-109333

The modular option adds pop out side windows and the sunroof over the back seat on the 2-door.

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It seems a little odd but I think it will be fine with all colors. Once a soft top is available for the 2 door I'll probably only use the hard top 3 months out of the year.
Does the 2dr only come w/ Hard Top???

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The modular option adds pop out side windows and the sunroof over the back seat on the 2-door.
BC....are you saying the 2-door has only 2 tops available: (A) MIC gray in 3-piece configuration, and (B) Modular painted top with those 3 pieces plus sunroof over rear seats + 2 removable windows???

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

after yesterdays survey I am thoroughly confused on top options. seems to be some confusion on MIC vs painted and pop out side windows.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

BC....are you saying the 2-door has only 2 tops available: (A) MIC gray in 3-piece configuration, and (B) Modular painted top with those 3 pieces plus sunroof over rear seats + 2 removable windows???
Start here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...top-vs-stock-carbonized-gray.3403/post-109356

The modular top is the painted top. MIC is the rough texture grey. The rear seat “Sunroof“ and pop-out windows on the 2-door are only on the painted modular top. 4-door painted modular top gets the pop out windows. 4-door MIC does not.
Thankfully the extra $1200 For the modular top over the MIC top charge on the 4-door isn’t only for pop-out windows. It covers the upgraded materials, painted finish, and modular upgrades.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The rear seat “Sunroof“ and pop-out windows on the 2-door are only on the painted modular top.

Im pretty sure this is incorrect.

Scroll up to the pic of that blue 2 door. That top is Carbonized Gray AND it has the removable panel over the rear seats.

It looks like both the MIC and the Modular hard tops on the 2 door have the removable panel over the back seats.

The Modular top is different in that it has the pop out cargo windows and its painted.

According to Ford website today, for the 2 door:

MIC top in Carbonized Gray is the only top available for Trims up thru Black Diamond.

For the OB and BL, top options are either the MIC top in Carbonized Gray or the Modular Top in Shadow Black painted.

For Wildtrack and First Edition, only top option is the Modular Shadow Black Painted.

That top in the above picture has the removable panel over the rear seats, and it is Carbonized Gray, so it must be the Molded In Color top.

Last edited:

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Im pretty sure this is incorrect.

Scroll up to the pic of that blue 2 door. That top is Carbonized Gray AND it has the removable panel over the rear seats.

It looks like both the MIC and the Modular hard tops on the 2 door have the removable panel over the back seats.

The Modular top is different in that it has the pop out cargo windows and its painted.

According to Ford website today, for the 2 door:

MIC top in Carbonized Gray is the only top available for Trims up thru Black Diamond.

For the OB and BL, top options are either the MIC top in Carbonized Gray or the Modular Top in Shadow Black painted.

For Wildtrack and First Edition, only top option is the Modular Shadow Black Painted.

That top in the above picture has the removable panel over the rear seats, and it is Carbonized Gray, so it must be the Molded In Color top.
That picture is CGI, not a real product. I’m going off what someone from Ford has emphasized to this forum multiple times.
Sponsored