Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unknown if that feature made it to the final version. There were some issues with the prototypes, especially the 2 door which has a very large, heavy, and unwieldy slab of window. Hopefully they figured it out, very cool feature.
My wife's JLU has the Sky One Touch roof with the rear windows that pop out, so it for sure is a caol feature.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My wife's JLU has the Sky One Touch roof with the rear windows that pop out, so it for sure is a caol feature.
Ya my brothers new Jeep has it too. Fords approach is very different than the Sky one touch, their entire side panel comes off. Ford was just removing the glass. Not quite as cool, and more sketchy removal and storage process for the mod top.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After seeing some initial reactions to the MOD top info floating around, I think this could be a very good thing for MIC top buyers. If it's available on more than Heritage, it could allow more MIC buyers to get build dates much quicker. It'll spread out the want for a hardtop across 2 products and alleviate a bottle neck on the MIC. :unsure:

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I want to know Ford's estimate of when they will have these to the retail Market, as an after market item. I would jump on an $1,895.00 MOD top immediately, but I somehow don't see that price translating over to actual Retail price.

Sponsored

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When you compare to other aftermarket items like front bumper, skid plates, rock rails...to accessories prices - they can be 50% to double the price. I would expect the mod top to be closer to $3000 as an add on. I doubt it will not be the same as the accessory prices listed here.

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want this top so bad!! My luck they will pull my order for build right before they start MY23 or they will announce they aren't making the mod top available for all models.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to know Ford's estimate of when they will have these to the retail Market, as an after market item. I would jump on an $1,895.00 MOD top immediately, but I somehow don't see that price translating over to actual Retail price.
Add 2-3 grand and you're probably in the ballpark

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Add 2-3 grand and you're probably in the ballpark
and maybe $3k+ added to that price. After seeing the aftermarket fiberglass top that was released after a slow tease over a month or so and the cost of that hardtop, I'll bet this MOD top will be more expensive adding from the parts counter at the dealership.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When you compare to other aftermarket items like front bumper, skid plates, rock rails...to accessories prices - they can be 50% to double the price. I would expect the mod top to be closer to $3000 as an add on. I doubt it will not be the same as the accessory prices listed here.
Guys, your not close. $1895 is NOT the retail price from the factory. Its the upgrade price over a soft top, which the price of is buried in the vehicle cost. So assume $2k for the soft top and the factory cost of a mod top is close to $4k. Then the fact that add ons are always much more at the parts counter than from factory. Then freight. You will not buy a mod top at the parts counter for $4k, it will be much more.

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Guys, your not close. $1895 is NOT the retail price from the factory. Its the upgrade price over a soft top, which the price of is buried in the vehicle cost. So assume $2k for the soft top and the factory cost of a mod top is close to $4k. Then the fact that add ons are always much more at the parts counter than from factory. Then freight. You will not buy a mod top at the parts counter for $4k, it will be much more.
I agree and I am being optimistic when I am estimating since I would think $4000 is too much for me. Maybe other aftermarket retailers will come under the Ford price, for example Best Top 4 DR soft top is $1500 with free shipping.

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I were getting a 2-door, I would absolutely want the MOD. Being able to take out the "sun roof" and windows makes it so you can actually get an outdoor experience without taking off the whole back part.

With the 4-door, it is less interesting. Combined with the MIC-texture fenders, it is yet less interesting still. Not interested at this time.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BroncoKong Jr.