Sponsored

35s on stock non-Sasquatch Badlands wheel?

Joe Dirt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tundra 2001
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the the stock badlands suspension different than the sasquatch suspension? Some have said yes, however no specifics on what that difference is. Would 35s fit on stock badlands and clear or do you have to have the sasquatch for 35s to clear? Looks like the gearing on stock badlands (non sasquatch) would be ok for 35s. Searched the existing forums didnt see what I needed.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You didn't find what you needed because no one really knows. Just a lot of speculation. It shouldn't be a problem though. If you rub, trim.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

definitely don't want to trim (just yet)

I understand that. Most likely just plastic. Once the sawzall comes out, there's no going back.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want 35's, but 2500 is a lot to upgrade my badlands, just for tired size. I don't need the beadlocks. I want to know the answer to this also.
I'm with you. I don't know that there is a definitive answer yet though. People had thought they had figured out that the Sas package had .6" more lift and 10mm less uptravel. Then someone spoke to an Engineer from Ford and swears the suspension is exactly the same, except for the 10mm stop. If they are the same, then no problem except maybe you have to upgrade the plastic flares. Probably not though, probably fine. If the Sas does actually have more lift, then you might be in a bit of a bind on clearance. I'm hoping it is the same and would lean toward just trading and throwing on 35s for 1/5 of the cost or so of Sas.

CascadianCorvid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it's just a 10mm bump, that should be easy. The lift is the key. I guess we'll have to see. I am not keen on it, but ordering the squatch is probably the simpler solution. The payment will only go up a little per month. On other trims, it's way more questionable.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I want 35's, but 2500 is a lot to upgrade my badlands, just for tired size. I don't need the beadlocks. I want to know the answer to this also.
My best guess - since Ford has said no suspension difference but 10mm less shock travel/articulation, is you will need spacers or wheels with less backspace, and depending on how much you go off road, a 10mm bumpstop.

Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Without rehashing this for the 80 millionth time, my advice is that unless you are ride or die with the manual, just get the Squatch if you want 35s. You're gonna spend $1200-$1500 on tires anyway, the extra thousand bucks is worth the piece of mind. You're not going to regret spending a little extra down the road, but you might regret slapping 35s on a stock vehicle and it not working out how you wanted.

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is the the stock badlands suspension different than the sasquatch suspension? Some have said yes, however no specifics on what that difference is. Would 35s fit on stock badlands and clear or do you have to have the sasquatch for 35s to clear? Looks like the gearing on stock badlands (non sasquatch) would be ok for 35s. Searched the existing forums didnt see what I needed.
The badlands already have 33s you're only talking about an inch more ground clearance with 35s... which also means ~1 inch taller in the wheel well for the 35s. Assuming widths are same... id bet 35s will fit, no mods.

With Squatch being estimated at 5k... I think I'm just gonna get the Black Diamond and live with 32s... upsize later to 33s when 32s wear out.

The money is better spent on upgrading the engine and transmission to 2.7 and auto... imho.

I'm not just a hardcore off roader so I don't think I need all those suspension upgrades squatch comes with. I plan on this Bronco to be used fir camping and kayak fishing. I'm betting that a stock Black Diamond on 32s would go anywhere id need it to go.

35s on a Bronco will look sick...

But... Honestly i have ran 35s on my F150 for years... I'm actually thinking about downsizing to 33s when I replace them... im running the 35s with only 2.5 inch strut spacers up front and some minor inner fender trimming.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you consider the auto an upgrade .... LOL. (sarcasm - joking)

Someone here had a discussion with a Ford suspension engineer whosaid the suspensions are the same, with the Badlands being limited in up travel so that the 35 does not get into the sheetmetal and the disco.
Supposedly, what the Badlands needs is the high clearence fenders from the Squatch....(which isn't suspension related).