darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A better question would be "Why is asking about/calling out things, a thing?". Naming Broncos, getting ducked, waving... If you don't want to participate in the Bronco community then just don't participate and stop these idiotic threads.
Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Naming a vehicle?!? Well that's just silly . . . :leaving:

Ford Bronco Ok, so is naming your bronco a "thing"? 1657806560110

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't normally set out to name vehicles, but it does happen often enough naturally, especially when you have a number of the same type of vehicles, and you have children (I had a badly faded red VW Fox wagon that was "Tomatoe Soup" and a Rusty old 68 Suburban that was "The Big White Yuck")...

My Wife however decided to name two of the Jeeps, (She's also into Ducking Jeeps) and the names have actually proven pretty useful when wheeling with larger groups of people who don't know each other well. It's not unusual to have two Red Rubicon JKUs wheeling in the same group for instance, so having names on them helps differentiate them.

I haven't wheeled with any Bronco groups where this was an issue yet, But it might be in the future, and if it becomes one, then I'll start worrying about a name, "Timberline, Custer, < Famous Bucking Bronco Sires> and Rocinante <Quixote's horse, not the ship>" would all be under consideration.

bagsBronco22

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

my sister-in-law names her cars. Some in the family have asked me to name the Bronco, but have resisted. I did decide on a vanity plate to tie my Bronco to our love for the beach - SEHORSE

Sponsored

BBBronco

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me personally, no. My first time to a local adventure park a while back, I was in my Bronco Sport. The guide/cashier/whatever wrote ā€œBaby Broncoā€ on my placard, so I started calling it that because it was funny. When I got my actual Bronco I named it ā€œBig Boyā€ in the FordPass app but donā€™t really refer to it by that name. Just to piss the wife off sometimes Iā€™ll call it a Jeep šŸ˜‚. But otherwise itā€™s just a Bronco, or the Bronco. When I get my next one Iā€™ll be able to differentiate by color lol, gray Bronco or green Bronco.
As far as a wave, Iā€™ll pass on us ā€œBronco peopleā€ trying to copy anything ā€œJeep peopleā€ do as well. I consider all of us ā€œoff-road enthusiastsā€. Iā€™d like to think if I run into problems on the trail, the next person to come along will at least stop to check on me whether theyā€™re on a dirt bike or a Jeep or a VW bug.
Happy trails!
Ford Bronco Ok, so is naming your bronco a "thing"? 0A70F721-870F-4529-A331-92D733760F4A

BBBronco

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think we should all agree to name our Bronco and slap the name on the fender like the heeps. But only to make fun of the jeeps. Give them names like "Glen" or "Bob" and have that on the side.

jeep guy- "this is my 2018 rubicon, Titty Twister

bronco guy- "this is Glen"
Ok people comment ā€œlolā€ to everything nowadays, but I legit laughed out loud on that one!

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My wife named her current cars. Eddie is the Bronco Sport, the princess is the Corvette. She did it just so I know where to park in the driveway. "I'm taking the princess out in the morning" means I park on the right side of the driveway to minimize musical cars.

I refer to the Bronco I will receive someday as Kona for a dog I had. I won't put the name on the Bronco though.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always name my vehicles, makes it personal

Ashley the Gypsy

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I named mine Bruce (Bruce Banner)

PS: Not my house or 911 lol

Ford Bronco Ok, so is naming your bronco a "thing"? 1D3DCF4F-8464-416C-B6A7-3ED54E8F43C4

Last edited:

Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What if you give the Bronco a human male name and it identifies as a female pig?

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Call me superstitious but Iā€™ve always given my vehicles names for good luck, just like youā€™ll probably never meet a sailor without a name for their boat. Vehicles have personalities, even souls if you will. We donā€™t call our dogs ā€œdogā€ or ā€œDobermanā€ right? My current stable consists of a Betty, Abigail, Christine, Genny, Luna and my Bronco, Stella.
Ford Bronco Ok, so is naming your bronco a "thing"? 25D8C8C9-09BF-4D8F-849F-F80A8A09AFC2

To each their own but all of my steeds are ladies.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
To me naming your car is like naming your penis or vagina. Anyone want to add any credence or debunk that thought? Just a simple yes or no, you donā€™t have to get into details.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Call me superstitious but Iā€™ve always given my vehicles names for good luck, just like youā€™ll probably never meet a sailor without a name for their boat. Vehicles have personalities, even souls if you will. We donā€™t call our dogs ā€œdogā€ or ā€œDobermanā€ right? My current stable consists of a Betty, Abigail, Christine, Genny, Luna and my Bronco, Stella.
Ford Bronco Ok, so is naming your bronco a "thing"? 25D8C8C9-09BF-4D8F-849F-F80A8A09AFC2

To each their own but all of my steeds are ladies.
I couldn't name her Stella because of Star Trek.

Stella_Mudd.jpg
Sponsored