Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

why did you not take to dealer ,should be under warranty
Because the closest dealer was 3 weeks out for an appointment.
Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP said in DM this is the extended travel version. Now I know this isn’t what people are gonna Wana hear and there’s gonna be a million people to argue that this isn’t it, but all I’m saying is you are now case #5 I’ve come across that busted their CV similar (the first one to kill both sides at the same time).

The previous cases were all running the zone 4” lift kit (or 3” from sas height). This is a first that wasn’t with that kit, but I confirmed with radflo and the extended versions do indeed settle to around a 4” lift from stock non sas height. They’re not extended travel per-se, they just sit higher than standard.

Expecting people are gonna come at me as usual for even suggesting it could be the change in suspension geometry to have caused this, but it’s shaping to be quite the coincidence

OP
OP
MUDLVR

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP said in DM this is the extended travel version. Now I know this isn’t what people are gonna Wana hear and there’s gonna be a million people to argue that this isn’t it, but all I’m saying is you are now case #5 I’ve come across that busted their CV similar (the first one to kill both sides at the same time).

The previous cases were all running the zone 4” lift kit (or 3” from sas height). This is a first that wasn’t with that kit, but I confirmed with radflo and the extended versions do indeed settle to around a 4” lift from stock non sas height. They’re not extended travel per-se, they just sit higher than standard.

Expecting people are gonna come at me as usual for even suggesting it could be the change in suspension geometry to have caused this, but it’s shaping to be quite the coincidence
There may be a misunderstanding. The CV axles blew with the stock Sasquatch suspension combined with a spacer lift. I installed the Radflo's the same time I installed the new axle's.

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Someone needs to come up with a solid front axle swap kit..

Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There may be a misunderstanding. The CV axles blew with the stock Sasquatch suspension combined with a spacer lift. I installed the Radflo's the same time I installed the new axle's.
Ah, my mistake.

how much lift was the spacer lift? 3” from stock sas height?

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah, my mistake.

how much lift was the spacer lift? 3” from stock sas height?
Sorry for what you had to go through, OP, but do I have the same question.

Until now I was under the impression that this incident occured after the major modifications pictured. Clarification in the description would be helpful, and clarification anywhere would help the community determine what our limits are for modifications to the front suspension.

I see you posted once about a 3" spacer, like Stix mentioned. Is that what you were running at the time?

I currently have a 1.5“ spacer to level the Sas, and would sleep easier knowing that my increase in angle is 50% less than yours ( when it grenaded). If not, I definitely will be looking for a diff drop or strap earlier than expected.

OP
OP
MUDLVR

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry for what you had to go through, OP, but do I have the same question.

Until now I was under the impression that this incident occured after the major modifications pictured. Clarification in the description would be helpful, and clarification anywhere would help the community determine what our limits are for modifications to the front suspension.

I see you posted once about a 3" spacer, like Stix mentioned. Is that what you were running at the time?

I currently have a 1.5“ spacer to level the Sas, and would sleep easier knowing that my increase in angle is 50% less than yours ( when it grenaded). If not, I definitely will be looking for a diff drop or strap earlier than expected.
I will modify my original post; however, I did write, "I was pulled up the hill and then just drove home without any issues. And when I got home I was comforted with the delivery of my Radflo kit. So I started replacing everything all at once."

The sequence of events should tell the reader that I was pulled up the hill, then drove home, and when I got home my Radflo kit was coincidentally delivered. The pictures also show the yellow Bilstein's. But I can definitely be more clear about that. I'll add the specifics, which are that I was running stock sasquatch suspension with a 3" spacer lift. Also, I have since added a front diff drop kit.

OP
OP
MUDLVR

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a little update: I got the Radflo's installed and they are A M A Z I N G! They are adjustable with a dial on the reservoir that controls how hard or soft the compression and rebound can be. I also installed a front differential drop bracket to lower the angle of the CV axle's to be more linear. The pics are before I tightened the bracket bolts. Oh, and I also took off my rear swaybar for better articulation.

Ford Bronco Blew BOTH CV Axles Out at the Same Time 20220701_172245
Ford Bronco Blew BOTH CV Axles Out at the Same Time 20220702_121212
Ford Bronco Blew BOTH CV Axles Out at the Same Time 20220708_205521
Ford Bronco Blew BOTH CV Axles Out at the Same Time 20220708_205530
Ford Bronco Blew BOTH CV Axles Out at the Same Time 20220701_142628

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just a little update: I got the Radflo's installed and they are A M A Z I N G! They are adjustable with a dial on the reservoir that controls how hard or soft the compression and rebound can be. I also installed a front differential drop bracket to lower the angle of the CV axle's to be more linear. The pics are before I tightened the bracket bolts. Oh, and I also took off my rear swaybar for better articulation.

Where did you get the front diff drop bracket?

Sponsored
OP
OP
MUDLVR

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did you get the front diff drop bracket?
It is from Rough Country. You kinda have to beg them to sell you one since they don't really sell them separate from their kits

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will modify my original post; however, I did write, "I was pulled up the hill and then just drove home without any issues. And when I got home I was comforted with the delivery of my Radflo kit. So I started replacing everything all at once."

The sequence of events should tell the reader that I was pulled up the hill, then drove home, and when I got home my Radflo kit was coincidentally delivered. The pictures also show the yellow Bilstein's. But I can definitely be more clear about that. I'll add the specifics, which are that I was running stock sasquatch suspension with a 3" spacer lift. Also, I have since added a front diff drop kit.
I hope I didn't come off as critical... I can get wordy. Was just point out that a critical dimension was absent (at least for those of us with/considering spacers). Knowing that spacer was 3" and not the standard <1.5" spacers is great information (and a great comfort to me lol), and I appreciate it!

OP
OP
MUDLVR

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope I didn't come off as critical... I can get wordy. Was just point out that a critical dimension was absent (at least for those of us with/considering spacers). Knowing that spacer was 3" and not the standard <1.5" spacers is great information (and a great comfort to me lol), and I appreciate it!
Oh no, I did not take your comment as critical at all. After re-reading what I wrote I can see how the details were in MY head, but to the reader it left room for ambiguity. You'll totally be fine with your 1.5" spacer.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're lucky to have Filthy and 303Shocks local to us. Tim @ 303Shocks is the man that got this done for me.
Tim @ 303Shocks is a solid human and does great work.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks! Yeah, OP is definitely case #5 I’ve seen of this happening to someone on a 4” lift from non-sas (aka a 3” lift from SAS height). However, he is the first to not be on a zone kit (I think?).

a total theory but it’s either the new max angle of the cv, and/or long-term use of the new operating angle at ride height that’s causing this

The Radflo extended Travel shocks (not extended travel btw, just extended ride height) lift it to the same 4”, but I’m sure the diff drop kit will help!
Sponsored

Last edited: