First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've been a lurker on here for a while and registered today just to reply to your post. Here is a final post from another Bronco Forum who had a dealership purposely sell their Bronco order after the customer left a poor review:

"I finally have an update and it’s truly been a roller coaster ride. After Ed Kenley Ford sold the bronco I got involved with Utahs department of commerce. This ended up going to ford corporates attorneys who told the dealership they were not allowed to do this and to avoid a substantial lawsuit against the dealership for voiding my order. Long story short the dealership had to find a matching order and sell it to me last week. Everyone at the dealership was real pissy but it felt good to walk in there and get the keys and drive MY bronco off the lot. So now I’m joining the Bronco family for real!"

Depending on your state, the contract you signed with the dealership in accordance with Ford's guidance is binding. The way he explained it, Utah's Department of Commerce email to Ford caught the attention of Corporate Ford attorneys really quick. Not saying it will have the same effect, or your states department of commerce will help, but power comes in numbers.
Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the posts of "well you waited too long after the dealer emailed you"

Is there some unwritten rule where a deposit on a vehicle reservation is null and void if you wait too long? (like the 5 second rule, but with deposits/down payments)

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

HBirdman

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 G550, 20 Panamera, 20 r9T, 22 KarenSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can also consider filing a complaint against the dealer’s license:

https://www.flhsmv.gov/safety-center/consumer-education/consumer-complaints/

And for the doubters on this thread, the OP is in South Florida. I’m surprised they didn’t also try to sell him an EcoBoost claiming it was the “new style Bronco!”

(First car I bought in Miami the dealer wanted ADM claiming “we’ve sold all of these at a markup, you can even check our books!” So I said “sure, let’s check your books.” I left with the car below MSRP…)

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are we review bombing yet? I have my scolding review ready. I just need to hit send.

mharvey04

Outer Banks
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot - Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If they are like my dealer there is never any pro-active communication and when I call, email, etc rarely do they reply. I usually have to go up there and then be told they know nada.
Same!! I emailed my dealership’s GM last week. Crickets… never calls back. Never again. My Bronco is scheduled for 8/24 production. If I go to the dealership and they pull that or try to jack up the price, it will not be pretty.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not yet, They sent me an email last night asking when they can call to discuss. I let them now anytime. we will see if they call.
You need to have Jackie Chiles on the call. Ask Kramer, he is tops.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not yet, They sent me an email last night asking when they can call to discuss. I let them now anytime. we will see if they call.
Its good they reached out but saying "anytime" gives them a little leeway to stall and make more stories up.

I'd be like ..........."I'll be there at 9AM in person to discuss."

Anyway, good luck, shitty situation.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Its good they reached out but saying "anytime" gives them a little leeway to stall and make more stories up.

I'd be like ..........."I'll be there at 9AM in person to discuss."

Anyway, good luck, shitty situation.
Exactly this, its time to start dictating to them what needs to happen, don't give them outs.

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Here’s all I want from the dealer:
Sorry we messed up. We are going to do our best to locate you what you ordered either through Ford, or possibly another dealer stock that was either canceled or not picked up. We really don’t want you have to wait for another to be built but may no choice. If you do have to wait on a new build we will honor your original MSRP and offer an extended warranty at no charge.

That’s really all I’m looking for. I can’t even get call back
@fordmotorcompany should revoke their dealership. Id have the local news reporter at the dealership with my lawyer.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For starters, it would warn people about a shady dealer, it would warn people using other details about the types of scenarios they might encounter, and it would provide the OP with a forum to discuss his options.

Also, the victims in these cases are not letting themselves get screwed
So the OP had a signed PA or BO?

Status
Not open for further replies.