Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I like @straycat 's idea w/ the dollies, but I'm considering one change. What if each of the vertical-mounted PVC pipes could easily disconnect from the elbow where the blue circles are in the picture... That way, I can store the connected furniture dolly frame underneath my wall cabinets and drawers (which are mounted 8" off the garage floor) when the Bronco doors aren't stored in the assembly. Then when I need to store the doors, I can pull the dollyies/frame out from underneath the cabinets and then reattach the PVC pipes. Of course the vertical pipes would need to be stored when the doors are on the Bronco but I can probably put them in a corner somewhere...

However, every time I work with PVC pipe, it's so difficult to get them inserted into an elbow joint--it's *almost* a permanent connection even without glue. Apologies for an ignorant question but is there a way to grease the elbow joints (or a special connection) so the vertical supports would slide out and on easily for this to be a viable option?
Ford Bronco Door Holders Using PVC Pipe -- When Off vehicle InkedIMG_5595_LI
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How wide is this stand I building it and I have the height just not the width
I haven't built one yet. Look up the person that started the thread and ask them.

Skeener801

Black Diamond
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302, 2022 Bronco 2.3, auto, soft top.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I found this Door holder idea on the inter webs for a Jeep and decided to utilize the plans for my 4 door bronco.

4 - 10' X1" PVC pipe
 schedule 40
6-1" pipe insulators
 (black foam)
14 - 1" PVC elbows

10 - 1" PVC TEEs
1 - Can of PVC cement

Cut the pipe into 10 - 2 foot sections,
 8 - 4 inch sections, 
and the rest into 1 foot sections. use the images above to copy the assembly. Message me for more info if you have questions.
Does this happen to fit in the back area? Like instead of bagging the doors up, would this work to hold the doors and keep them with the vehicle?

Sponsored

HPRBD60560

Black Diamond
First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
THANK YOU for posting the specs!! I built mine today and I'm pretty stoked!

Ford Bronco Door Holders Using PVC Pipe -- When Off vehicle 1655925437027

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How much less space could you reasonably use for each door "slot?" I'm thinking of building mine with 5 slots, one for holding the center MIC panel.

drewski

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2012 Ford F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like @straycat 's idea w/ the dollies, but I'm considering one change. What if each of the vertical-mounted PVC pipes could easily disconnect from the elbow where the blue circles are in the picture... That way, I can store the connected furniture dolly frame underneath my wall cabinets and drawers (which are mounted 8" off the garage floor) when the Bronco doors aren't stored in the assembly. Then when I need to store the doors, I can pull the dollyies/frame out from underneath the cabinets and then reattach the PVC pipes. Of course the vertical pipes would need to be stored when the doors are on the Bronco but I can probably put them in a corner somewhere...

However, every time I work with PVC pipe, it's so difficult to get them inserted into an elbow joint--it's *almost* a permanent connection even without glue. Apologies for an ignorant question but is there a way to grease the elbow joints (or a special connection) so the vertical supports would slide out and on easily for this to be a viable option?
Ford Bronco Door Holders Using PVC Pipe -- When Off vehicle 262AF40E-25CA-4F08-8E8F-C7F718329416
You could give it a try but glue adds a lot of rigidity to PVC. If it doesn't work out. glue it. My concern is using 1" PVC. I'd think 1 1/2" would be better, more durable. I'd like to hear from someone who's built one on their opinion. Does the 1" seem kinda flimsy? TIA

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the guide! I changed it up a bit and made a rack for just 2 doors. Plan to do another rack for the other 2. More material and cost, yes, but easier to store and move around.
Ford Bronco Door Holders Using PVC Pipe -- When Off vehicle 262AF40E-25CA-4F08-8E8F-C7F718329416
Do you have the measurements that you used to do this? I'd love to make this exact two caddy's would be easier for us as well

List of materials used?

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have the measurements that you used to do this? I'd love to make this exact two caddy's would be easier for us as well

List of materials used?
I used 1" pipe
24" for the vertical pieces, 6 per cart
15" for the horizontal pieces, 5 per cart
5" for bottom pieces, 8 per cart
(Change this to make slot widths wider or narrower to your liking)
6 tee corners per cart
10 elbows per cart
6' foam pieces, 5 per cart
PVC glue
The carts I got at harbor freight, but they could be bigger for more stability. It's all they had at the time.

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco Door Holders Using PVC Pipe -- When Off vehicle 1658035087235

I think as stated above, rigidity would be an issue, and if storage when doors aren't on the cart is an issue, you should probably build two carts.

That said, when my doors are on the Bronco, my tube doors are on the cart, and vice versa.