Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I do store them in my trunk if I am out on the road when I take them off
When you store them in the trunk, are they in the bag and standing up, secured to the rear seat?

Reason I ask, is if they're simply laid down in the rear, it is completely possible that you shut the swing gate on that corner to do that damage... the swing gate isn't flat completely across it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
donkeyodie

donkeyodie

Outer Banks
First Name
Donna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Dead Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When you store them in the trunk, are they in the bag and standing up, secured to the rear seat?

Reason I ask, is if they're simply laid down in the rear, it is completely possible that you shut the swing gate on that corner to do that damage... the swing gate isn't flat completely across it.
Completely fair… they are down and not in the bag this time (and a few other times). My dumb ass didn’t realize this could happen if they aren’t in the bag

Hoss360

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Completely fair… they are down and not in the bag this time (and a few other times). My dumb ass didn’t realize this could happen if they aren’t in the bag
I'm sure it could still happen if they were in the bag... you just have to watch that inner swing gate.... I can't even lay mine down in the back unless I fold the rear seats down. 2 doors don't have near as much cargo space as 4 doors. In nice weather, I'll take off the front panels, place them in the bag, then secure the bag to the headrests of the back seats. Only downside is that you can't see anything directly behind you, you just have to rely on your side mirrors.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

shame…

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Off topic…..I thought the roof panels were solid MIC plastic? I see fiberglass in there. Isn’t that a good thing if the roof panels are fiber reinforced?
It is mostly cardboard actually.

Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top Roof Breaking / Cracking 1659321940849

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you can see dirt/gravel ground in where it was dropped on that corner. Have kids by chance?

Sponsored

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi Everyone.
Have a quick question. Anyone else’s roof breaking?
I have a Jan’22 with a hard top and am on the east coast. I’ve probably taken my driver | passenger side roofs off about 15 or less times this year. I do store them in my trunk if I am out on the road when I take them off - And today when I went to put my roof back on I noticed the front tip is completely falling off and cracking. I hadn’t notice until today.
Is this even capable of being replaced or covered under anything?

Pretty sure your paint is all jacked up too. I'm assuming this is part of an insurance claim from some kind of accident.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford will probably deny any warranty claim. I would say that looks like it was dropped or was hit from moving around in the trunk. Make sure they are strapped down in their carrier and not placed on top of each other.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That looks like the sound deadening headliner, not the roof panels.
Yeah, it’s not… that’s the roof innards. “Sound deadening headliner” is just a fancy phrase for that thin, fuzzy felt you see on the left side of it. The majority of the hardtop construction is essentially a cardboard honeycomb that is sandwiched by two thin layers of plastic. If you haven’t seen it mentioned before, do a search for snakeskin (the plastic is so thin the honeycomb pattern shows through sometimes).

Also to OP, I agree with the other guy. If you just had them loose in the back you either pinched it in the tailgate or had to have smacked the shit out of it coming to a stop/taking off or cornering. Cause to me it looks like that dangling piece is only the inner portion and is completely missing the outer layer of plastic.

Last edited:

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dropped my middle panel the first time I took it off. Tripped on a short post from my neighbors planter while transporting it to the safe space I had setup for it. It's funny I looked at it right away and didn't see any damage. The next day my wife asks what happened to my roof.

I originally wanted the black painted modular top, so I am taking it as a sign I need to repair and paint the whole thing. Looking into pricing on it now.

I actually saw an ad on here yesterday for a guy selling the middle panel alone for $500, but he is in Maryland and I am in California.

Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top Roof Breaking / Cracking 9285
Sponsored

Last edited: