First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here you go...new stick arrived this morning...drum roll...no one needs to buy a new stick if they have the original stick because it is the same distance (19 inches) from base of stick handle to uppernost fill line. Max holes lines up as well...so do hash marks and low marks. The H designation is also the same. The only difference is that I'm the new stick the twist is higher. That means if in fact our Broncos are designed to hold 6 quarts that the old stick should accurately measure it. I have 7 in right now, otherwise I'd take a pic of where the oil measures. Unless there is a reason for raising the twist, possibly to clear an oil drain back passage as an earlier poster mention, the "new" stick design/PN/hassle just seems like another hurdle for Ford (because they could simply have us use the FIRST stick).
20220801_134853.jpg
20220801_134741.jpg
20220801_134655.jpg
20220801_134519.jpg
20220801_134504.jpg
20220801_134212.jpg
And here is the new, supposedly correct stick (bottom) compared to the last iteration of the stick that accurately measured 7 quarts.
20220801_140307.jpg
Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And here is the new, supposedly correct stick (bottom) compared to the last iteration of the stick that accurately measured 7 quarts.
20220801_140307.jpg
The silver lining (I am easily amused, apparently) in this fiasco is even though I have not felt comfortable about the reality of the elusive 7-quart pan since I first measured my oil back in October, and after paying over 40 bucks for two additional sticks, when the parts guy called to tell me it had arrived he said "I have my hand on your dipstick right now"...that was pretty funny (or so I thought). When I went to pick it up I told him it probably isn't very often he gets to say "I have my hand on your dipstick right now" he didn't react...so maybe it wasn't all that funny...or maybe he does get to say it often.

Last edited:

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
20220801_140307.jpg
So the MB3z-6750-F for the 7 qt fill....Top one... and also fits the Raptor

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My '22 got its very first change today. I did the very first change myself. The dealership will be doing them from here on. I put in 6.5 qts and it was half way up the hash marks on the dipstick. Mine has the updated dipstick from the factory. I didn't change it.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My '22 got its very first change today. I did the very first change myself. The dealership will be doing them from here on. I put in 6.5 qts and it was half way up the hash marks on the dipstick. Mine has the updated dipstick from the factory. I didn't change it.
If you measure at LEAST 15 minutes after you shut it off even 6 quarts should be at or near the top line. 6.5 quarts should not be only halfway up the stick...what is the engineering number on your stick? I don't believe that any of the Broncos off the line have the C stick yet. On the last iteration stick before the C stick 6.5 quarts after drain back would be about halfway up the hash marks.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Curious what stick you have. If you waited to check the level then I'm guessing mb3z-6750-b or f. What was your build date/ engine build date?

Last edited:

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The silver lining (I am easily amused, apparently) in this fiasco is even though I have not felt comfortable about the reality of the elusive 7-quart pan since I first measured my oil back in October, and after paying over 40 bucks for two additional sticks, when the parts guy called to tell
me it had arrived he said "I have my hand on your dipstick right now"...that was pretty funny (or so I thought). When I went to pick it up I told him it probably isn't very often he gets to say "I have my hand on your dipstick right now" he didn't react...so maybe it wasn't all that funny...or maybe he does get to say it often.
Thank you. I'll probably end up getting one anyway. To go with my collection.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Time to go swap the sticks on the wall of shame.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed my oil last night and used 7. If the factory can put in 7.5 why not? Plus I have the updated dipstick so 6 would show low.

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed my oil last night and used 7. If the factory can put in 7.5 why not? Plus I have the updated dipstick so 6 would show low.
Just curious, why'd you pick 7 over 6.5 or 6?

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2022 has the "H" stick and it shows over filled from the factory. The PDF that someone posted looks legit and it looks like the update is to specify 6 quarts- which means the H stick should read correct. 6 quarts should be enough for the 2.7L. Geez my 2006 6.0L Corvette takes 6 quarts. I plan to add 6 at my next oil change, see where it is on the dip stick. If it's near or at the full mark, may add a little more- 6.5 will be my maximum. I won't ever let it get below the "full" mark to be safe. Hopefully it does not show over filled with 6 quarts.......

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious, why'd you pick 7 over 6.5 or 6?
As I mentioned, I have the revised dipstick. Even 7 quarts doesn't hit the "full" hash mark or get close to the maximum dot. If I ran 6 it would probably barely show on the stick.

Plus Ford's SSM says using the old capacity won't cause any damage. Until the factory starts filling them with 6.5 quarts I'm going to assume Ford is too lazy to swap out 40k dipsticks and just told people to use less oil to make the existing dipsticks correct. A free fix versus a big warranty bill.

They caused this issue by touting revised oil pan for off roading with 7 quart capacity. If it started out as the same 6qt capacity as the F150 engine no one would have batted an eye.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So Ford seems to be officially stating that in doing an oil change, 20% of the old oil remains in the engine?!?!

We are going to start to need oil fluid exchanges instead of drain and fills if that is true.

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is crazy. I have to do an oil change this week…so is the consensus that 1.5 quarts remains, and I should only add 6 quarts after draining?
Sponsored