Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm an old guy on Social Security. With current gas prices, I find it difficult to both fill the tank and buy a new dipstick each week. Here's my plan - my Black Diamond still has the factory oil fill in it - I'll park on a level surface and see where the oil is on the dipstick. After several measurements, I'll grab my Dremel and grind a mark on the dipstick that came with the vehicle. That will be my personal mark. I'm also looking into patenting disposable dipstick. They will permanent stain the stick at the current oil level and have an area where you can record the date, temperature, etc. I'll sell a walnut base that the used sticks can be inserted into to form a "Gearhead bouquet."
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm an old guy on Social Security. With current gas prices, I find it difficult to both fill the tank and buy a new dipstick each week. Here's my plan - my Black Diamond still has the factory oil fill in it - I'll park on a level surface and see where the oil is on the dipstick. After several measurements, I'll grab my Dremel and grind a mark on the dipstick that came with the vehicle. That will be my personal mark. I'm also looking into patenting disposable dipstick. They will permanent stain the stick at the current oil level and have an area where you can record the date, temperature, etc. I'll sell a walnut base that the used sticks can be inserted into to form a "Gearhead bouquet."
If you're feeling froggy you can drive the small roll pin out of the handle, find your optimum oil level, mark, cut it off of the top, redrill the small hole, reinstall roll pin. Voila.

JUSTLOOKATIT!

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Website
krazyhousecustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
Many to look at.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
New part number.
Ford superseded MB3Z6750B to MB3Z6750F

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just trying to point out the small gap on the stick between low and full. It seems considerably smaller than any other car I have ever owned. Maybe the pan/block just has a large surface area and a quart of oil doesn't make a whole lot of difference in the reading.
The surface area of the pan matches the dimensions of the block...which is the same among all the nano 2.7s...so ideally for all 2.7s the distance from the surface of the oil to the block should be the same range for full. The 7 quarts stick should be taken entirely out of the conversation because it was meant for another engine entirely (but it does accurately measure 7 quarts in a 2.7 Bronco), and the first H stick was taken from another platform (with a 2.7 but a different pan than the Bronco). Even so, both H sticks at least have a similar range between low and full with max indicators in a similar place.

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your Bronco has a factory oil fill and if it was the 7 quarts wrong one you'd be marking your dipstick at the wrong level. After you drain it and add the proper 6 then sure marking it yourself makes sense...but if you have an H stick it already has the correct mark.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If someone can verify the oil pans and dip stick tube are the exact same then you would have a valid point. They use the same block but I think the difference between the 2.7 and 3.0 are a little more than the stroke.
Couldn't find anything different but the stroke.....

R1Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explore sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was sent this by my dealership yesterday.....8/1/22
Ford Bronco Dealer insists it’s 6 quarts for oil change on my 2.7L Screenshot_20220802-101146_Messages

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The surface area of the pan matches the dimensions of the block...which is the same among all the nano 2.7s...so ideally for all 2.7s the distance from the surface of the oil to the block should be the same range for full. The 7 quarts stick should be taken entirely out of the conversation because it was meant for another engine entirely (but it does accurately measure 7 quarts in a 2.7 Bronco), and the first H stick was taken from another platform (with a 2.7 but a different pan than the Bronco). Even so, both H sticks at least have a similar range between low and full with max indicators in a similar place.
Which is why I was asking why such a difference between low and full on 2 2.7s. Also, doesn't the 3.0 have the same block as the 2.7? I would think all 3 have the same surface area, so again, why such a difference between low and full.

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you're feeling froggy you can drive the small roll pin out of the handle, find your optimum oil level, mark, cut it off of the top, redrill the small hole, reinstall roll pin. Voila.
Okay, how about a dipstick that can electronically sense the oil level. Then we'll put a bluetooth device in the handle that will send that reading to your smart phone. The ultimate gift for the Bronco owner that's afflicted with that dreaded disease "Oil Level OCD" also know as OLOCD.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So what is the part number to the correct stick we need now