Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Y'all I am getting taken to the woodshed on insurance - and it may be due to my location or rarity of the vehicle/replacement parts atm - but I'm trying to get some feedback to figure it out. Progressive is charging me $1541 every 6 months and I'm seeing a lot of people say they're paying about $500/6 months. This is about a grand (!) more than my M3 per year - which was shocking to me. The only difference is that I previously had my vehicles insured in Georgia - my state of residency - but I insured the Bronco out of DC because that's where that vehicle will spend most of the year as my vehicle I use for work. 42 years old, no infractions in the last 5 years, and only 1 speeding ticket in the last decade. Just kind a head-scratcher for me. Like I said, just doing a forum search, I'm seeing most folks say they are paying about $500/6 months, so I'm just at a loss as to why Progressive would be $2K more per year just due to my location. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Jwredneck

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150, 1969 U14 EB, 1969 U15 EB
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Progressive. 2013 F150 full coverage, 2021 Wildtrak full coverage $750 every 6 months. The F150 is actually more then then the Bronco???? Also have Home and RV with them too, so multi policy discounts.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm a bit older and was shocked that it was only about 50 more than my 08 tundra per 6 months! Like under 300. State farm.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Y'all I am getting taken to the woodshed on insurance - and it may be due to my location or rarity of the vehicle/replacement parts atm - but I'm trying to get some feedback to figure it out. Progressive is charging me $1541 every 6 months and I'm seeing a lot of people say they're paying about $500/6 months. This is about a grand (!) more than my M3 per year - which was shocking to me. The only difference is that I previously had my vehicles insured in Georgia - my state of residency - but I insured the Bronco out of DC because that's where that vehicle will spend most of the year as my vehicle I use for work. 42 years old, no infractions in the last 5 years, and only 1 speeding ticket in the last decade. Just kind a head-scratcher for me. Like I said, just doing a forum search, I'm seeing most folks say they are paying about $500/6 months, so I'm just at a loss as to why Progressive would be $2K more per year just due to my location. Any ideas?
Maybe it’s time to look for a different insurance company

Sponsored

Holiday

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$480 for 6 months currently with State Farm. Will be cheaper next month when the results of my first 6 months of Drive Safe & Save apply. As it stands now, that discount will bring me to $373 for the next 6 months. I switched my home and auto from USAA about 1 month prior to getting the Bronco. I also have a low mileage discount, as I work from home. I can't recall my last accident, so I carry a $1,000 deductible. 46 y/o single male in Missouri.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm at ~$200/month for 2 vehicles and a motorcycle. I don't remember what the dollar amount is for the Bronco specifically, but it is less than my 2019 Tundra was.

I imagine a big part of it is simply location. D.C. vs Georgia. Unless it was Atlanta...

I don't know. Insurance is weird. I once got a quote for motorcycle insurance for $8k/year. At the time it was what I paid for the bike brand new!

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m sure it’s location. Heavily urban, older area, DC. Yeah, its the location.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Roughly $700 per 6 months, Allstate, full coverage with standard limits. Cheaper than the Bronco Sport I had.

Sponsored

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$7 more per month than my 2013 Ram Truck with Geico. $426 per 6 months

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$744 for 6 months through progressive.
749 credit score when purchased
Clean driving record
Everything maxed, lowest deductibles and 20k on my accessories.
I went with progressive from a previous incident that was handled quick and proper. I like that.

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I pay $164/mo for the bronco and the 4Runner together through USAA, so $984/6 months. $500 deductible, and I am probably "overinsured" which I really prefer anyway, I have coverage for nearly everything at max or near it.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's nearly impossible to compare rates as there's so many variables but we're paying $281/6 months with Geico (100/300/50). No infractions ever, 54 y/o, married, zero credit score, full coverage, $500 ded., 2 cars, MC, and a boat all through them.

Bronco is only $10 more every 6 months than our 2015 Grand Cherokee.
Sponsored

Last edited: