Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From the article-
Ford has the most recalls of any U.S. auto maker in 2022, having launched 45 of them this year, according to NHTSA data. Daimler Trucks North America LLC has the second-highest number of recalls, with 27 this year.

With this info, I cannot for the life of me understand how so many on this forum get so butt hurt that people point out issues and problems. If this is not done, how many recalls will occur? Is it not a GOOD thing to force a company, especially one that so many love and buy religiously, to fix their issues so that the product is better and more dependable?
I just don’t get being such a fan of something that you have to defend it no matter what. If I’m a fan of something product wise, I want it to be as great as possible and feel good about recommending it to others. Forcing a company to put out a great, dependable product is great for everyone. Letting issues go only makes issues more persistent and prevalent.
because fanboys are idiots
Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I saw the stories making headlines again and I thought it was just regurgitated info. I didn’t realize it was that our initial petition for an investigation has been granted.

“ NHTSA has decided to grant the petition and open this Preliminary Evaluation to assess the scope, frequency, and potential safety-related consequences of the alleged defect.”

Then there’s this tidbit I didn’t see anyone else point out yet:

“ In a June 7, 2022 meeting with Ford ODI learned this alleged loss of motor power is a result of catastrophic engine failures due to the engine valves failing. Ford identified the root cause as the valve "keepers" not holding the retainer in place allowing the valve spring to detach from the valve resulting in interference between the valve and piston. This interference can cause an engine lockup.”

What I don't get/can't predict is if Ford has basically admitted to the cause/problem, can't seem to narrow down the number of Broncos below 25,000 (i read somewhere that is the number of Broncos with the potential for bad valves) how can they not be forced to do something --- I have TWO 2021s within the bad batch of valves. I am not panicked and we will not hold back on trips. I just expect a resolution. Heads replaced? Engine replace? Extend the engine warranty to 150k miles?

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What I don't get/can't predict is if Ford has basically admitted to the cause/problem, can't seem to narrow down the number of Broncos below 25,000 (i read somewhere that is the number of Broncos with the potential for bad valves) how can they not be forced to do something --- I have TWO 2021s within the bad batch of valves. I am not panicked and we will not hold back on trips. I just expect a resolution. Heads replaced? Engine replace? Extend the engine warranty to 150k miles?
Well look at Mr. Two Bronco's over here, thinks he's better than us. Just kidding bud. I completely agree with you. Ford knows exactly what vins are affected. The best I can figure is that they know exactly how many engines they are going to have to replace, but they're going to stretch it out as long as possible. Fix it when it breaks mentality. I disagree with that from the consumer point of view, but if it's taking six weeks or so for them to replace blown engines as they come in can you imagine the wait time if there was a full recall. We thought dirt mountain was bad. Definitely not defending Ford, I want answers as much as anybody following this thread. We're (mostly) reasonable adults here, just tell us whats up.

Edit: JD 21169 for reference

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well look at Mr. Two Bronco's over here, thinks he's better than us. Just kidding bud. I completely agree with you. Ford knows exactly what vins are affected. The best I can figure is that they know exactly how many engines they are going to have to replace, but they're going to stretch it out as long as possible. Fix it when it breaks mentality. I disagree with that from the consumer point of view, but if it's taking six weeks or so for them to replace blown engines as they come in can you imagine the wait time if there was a full recall. We thought dirt mountain was bad. Definitely not defending Ford, I want answers as much as anybody following this thread. We're (mostly) reasonable adults here, just tell us whats up.

I am have mentally prepared for each Bronco sitting at the dealership for a few weeks each... maybe my wife was smarter than me to not sell our FJ

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford doesn’t give two shits about blown valves to this point. They know, and we all know they know.

If it’s a windshield adhesive or possible child lock malfunction… they’re all in for safety. Kids on trail deep in forest and blown engine….good luck. Too expensive for stock holding execs.

Absolute joke shit ain’t been fully admitted by now.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am have mentally prepared for each Bronco sitting at the dealership for a few weeks each... maybe my wife was smarter than me to not sell our FJ
I have too, still not going to be happy about it when it happens. I'm a little over 5k right now and absolutely love the Bronco, wouldn't trade it for anything. Just don't like being left in the dark. My mother's Fusion (2017 or 2018) has been at the dealership since the middle of May for an engine replacement. A recall, something about coolant leaking in to the heads maybe? I didn't really look into to hard. But she's been stuck driving the old farm truck back and forth to work.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford doesn’t gi
Ford doesn’t give two shits about blown valves to this point. They know, and we all know they know.

If it’s a windshield adhesive or possible child lock malfunction… they’re all in for safety. Kids on trail deep in forest and blown engine….good luck. Too expensive for stock holding execs.

Absolute joke shit ain’t been fully admitted by now.
All about the $$$

A very unpopular opinion anywhere but this thread, what they should do is suspend '23 2.7L until all the "Bad Batch" '21's have been replaced. Maybe that's why the Everglades is only 2.3L, maybe the Heritage will only be 2.3L. We'll see. I'm expecting an "AB" in my future, best case is it blows when I'm on the way to pick up a pizza, worst case is bad weather 1,000 miles from home. If only Ford would actually tell us what to expect, when, and how they will rectify it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All about the $$$

A very unpopular opinion anywhere but this thread, what they should do is suspend '23 2.7L until all the "Bad Batch" '21's have been replaced. Maybe that's why the Everglades is only 2.3L, maybe the Heritage will only be 2.3L. We'll see. I'm expecting an "AB" in my future, best case is it blows when I'm on the way to pick up a pizza, worst case is bad weather 1,000 miles from home. If only Ford would actually tell us what to expect, when, and how they will rectify it.
The problem is that when you expect it to blow up (like me), suddenly you find yourself at 30k miles, thinking "Well I didn't see that coming". 😂

I am shocked by the fact that I somehow ended up against all odds of getting a 100% reliable and practically error free vehicle, and believe me... I have been trying to find fault the entire time (8 months now).

I have had 2 parking brake error messages that immediately cleared after starting the vehicle, an unsecured coolant hose on delivery, and the standard wind noise from the hardtop which has been largely resolved.

That's it... That's all I can fault with the vehicle. Nothing but oil changes so far. So even if you have a 6007A motor in the window, it doesn't not mean that you are going to have an engine failure (although you have significantly higher risk of one).

So, I encourage you to put some miles on it, because there is no way to predict which motors will fail (unless you have inside information from Ford) because Ford won't be open and honest with us.

Sponsored

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Current situation: Sat at the side of the road waiting to be towed. Engine has died and won’t turn over. Check engine light and battery light on dash.

No warning, cruising for the last 2+ hours at 75mph, getting ready to access the express lanes and lost power. Managed to pull over to the side of the road safely. Now waiting on 100°F temps 90-120 mins.

18B402D4-244F-482F-9523-905BEEEAC07F.jpeg

13589058-A209-45D7-B8E6-600C9F01AFDB.jpeg

76BB70CD-C36B-40EA-ABF6-E59D052035C7.jpeg

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Best of luck to you. Hopefully the tow truck gets there sooner than later and hopefully it's not a RUD

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Current situation: Sat at the side of the road waiting to be towed. Engine has died and won’t turn over. Check engine light and battery light on dash.

No warning, cruising for the last 2+ hours at 75mph, getting ready to access the express lanes and lost power. Managed to pull over to the side of the road safely. Now waiting on 100°F temps 90-120 mins.

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 76BB70CD-C36B-40EA-ABF6-E59D052035C7

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 76BB70CD-C36B-40EA-ABF6-E59D052035C7

Build date???? This Texas heat ain't or the weak for sure....

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Build date???? This Texas heat ain't or the weak for sure....
Build date was Dec 14, 2021. Currently has 3750.7 miles on it. That’s all.
And you’re not kidding. It’s warm out here! Thankfully my family has been picked up - it’s just me enduring the heat right now.
Sponsored