Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I just drove up next to a sas'd badlands with my normal one. The difference is barely there. If anything the tires on the sas are simply wider than they give you any ride height advantage. If you want bigger tires and are getting a badlands save the money and skip the sas imo. 4000 dollar waste of money on the badlands trim.

Not bashing anybody who has this , simply saying the regular badlands tires are massive and people cant really see it in pictures and ford sales material. In fact in that sales material the tires look much much smaller than they appear in real life.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I await with bated breath the scintillating conversation this will inspire. I don't believe this topic has ever been broached.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
badlands does not have 4.7 gears so if you ever want to run 37s then 4.7 is much better than 4.46 when running 37s.
correct me if im wrong but if you want 37s is 4.7 "just good enough" or not what you would actually pick if you had to get new gearing

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
correct 4.7 is good enough BUT much better when compared to 4.46

Most are simply not going to update gears on a bronco when running bigger tires when compared to jeep owners

correct me if im wrong but if you want 37s is 4.7 "just good enough" or not what you would actually pick if you had to get new gearing

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bro, waiting 2 years for a Badlands doesn't make sense either, but here we are...we're all a little foolish and have our own reasons for the things we do. Don't spend your time trying to figure out why other people make the decisions they do.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a Badlands with Sas owner I won't argue against your opinion but I'll just say I strongly disagree. I also believe Sas is $2500 because when you add it on a 2.7 equipped Bronco it factors in the auto transmission with it by default which is a $1500 standalone option.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
cool what does this year old 1 page thread have to do with anything
It has to do with showing you that there are more things different between a Badlands and a Badlands with the Sasquatch Package than the size of the tires.

OP
OP

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has to do with showing you that there are more things different between a Badlands and a Badlands with the Sasquatch Package than the size of the tires.
other than the gearing. What?

the suspension is the same. The lockers are the same. The features of the truck are the same.

I think the sasquatch package is great for every single trim except badlands (and obv wildtrack) simply because it makes no sense to spend that much money on barely an inch of tire.

It would be more interesting if the badlands had a specific package called the mastodon or something that was 37's with proper gearing and new fenders.

all im arguing is for the money the difference is not there for the badlands

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
other than the gearing. What?

the suspension is the same. The lockers are the same. The features of the truck are the same.

I think the sasquatch package is great for every single trim except badlands (and obv wildtrack) simply because it makes no sense to spend that much money on barely an inch of tire.

It would be more interesting if the badlands had a specific package called the mastodon or something that was 37's with proper gearing and new fenders.

all im arguing is for the money the difference is not there for the badlands
higher lift on the suspension, fender flares, gearing, better(opinion) wheels and 35 inch tires. If going the 2.7 it's a no brainer because as I mentioned before all that is $2500. Here is a line item breakdown of my order, notice the 0 charge for automatic transmission even though it's a V6. The trans price was factored into Sasquatch.
Ford Bronco sas doesnt make sense if you have a badlands Screenshot_20220803-112401

Last edited:

BroncoU812

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

higher lift on the suspension, fender flares, gearing, better(opinion) wheels and 35 inch tires. If going the 2.7 it's a no brainer because as I mentioned before all that is $2500.
Ford Bronco sas doesnt make sense if you have a badlands giphy
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.