Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
made sense to me 🤷‍♂️

not just about appearances. I'd much rather have the build I wanted with parts under warranty

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If sticking to manual trans you have the same gears. Missing .6” of lift tires and flares. Change the tires and rims and your at the same price maybe more. All depends what your happy with. If you are going 37’s or bigger and lifting anyway. It’s def not worth it on the badlands. If your going to be happy with 35”’s it’s not a terrible deal

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just drove up next to a sas'd badlands with my normal one. The difference is barely there. If anything the tires on the sas are simply wider than they give you any ride height advantage. If you want bigger tires and are getting a badlands save the money and skip the sas imo. 4000 dollar waste of money on the badlands trim.

Not bashing anybody who has this , simply saying the regular badlands tires are massive and people cant really see it in pictures and ford sales material. In fact in that sales material the tires look much much smaller than they appear in real life.
Keep telling yourself this if it makes you feel better.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah SAS and Badlands totally worth it, gearing, suspension, fender flares, etc. I did a level kit with 37s, and sold my OEM SAS wheels which recouped most of the cost to switch to the new wheels. I don't think non-SAS wheels are worth as much as SAS in used market. The gearing alone is worth it. This guys video perfectly sums it up in case you think you want to try to DIY a SAS package:

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's see if I remember this whole spiel. In actual application, it's not $4k to get Sasquatch on the Badlands it's only $2500. The $1500 for the automatic is included in the Squatch whether you want it or not. The infamous "ManSquatch penalty". You will more than likely pay much, much more than that to put 35s and wheels on. The suspensions between the Badlands and Sasquatch are not identical. Close but not the same. As someone who has gone from 285s to 315s on my current 2dr Rubicon there is most certainly a noticeable difference in both height and width going from one to the other. You also get the 4.7 gear ratio if you're running the automatic. Re-gearing isn't cheap.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gearing alone if you're moving to 37+ tires is worth the $2500 additional. A re-gear job is going to cost you $2000+ just to have that done. Then you can sell off the Squatch wheel/tires to recoup the additional cost when you purchase a new set of wheels/tires. It's all about the end goal of what you want to do with your Bronco, it doesn't make sense for everyone, but for the majority of those buying a Badlands it does

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went sasquatch because I was going to spend $1,000 for the optional beadlock wheels. 33" M/Ts were another $600. At that point you're only $900 for gears, flares, 35s, wider wheels, cool sticker, etc.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yup, if using a 2-door MT/2.3 Badlands as the comparison, it's a $4K upgrade for 35" tires that suck and you will want/have to replace soon enough and fender flares. The 0.25" lift isn't worth diving into as the hardware isn't an upgrade.

These threads were so bad-ass by September 2020 when clamoring for build and price to go live.

Sponsored

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Counterpoint- Why order a Badlands at all when the Basesquatch exists? MGV and smaller wheels for an extra $7k?

OP
OP

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, if using a 2-door MT/2.3 Badlands as the comparison, it's a $4K upgrade for 35" tires that suck and you will want/have to replace soon enough and fender flares. The 0.25" lift isn't worth diving into as the hardware isn't an upgrade.

These threads were so bad-ass by September 2020 when clamoring for build and price to go live.
finally somebody who gets it

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

other than the gearing. What?

tIt would be more interesting if the badlands had a specific package called the mastodon or something that was 37's with proper gearing and new fenders.

all im arguing is for the money the difference is not there for the badlands
Yeah... that's called the Bronco Raptor.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Did you get the Sasquatch package?"
- "Oh, hell yeah"