First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, after two weeks of delay after delay at the dealership with paint issues from Dirt/Ice Mountain, and after me purchasing the car to secure my interest rate, I was finally told yesterday they couldn't fix the paint. My choices are to wait more weeks for them to sort it out as a warranty issue with Ford and then repaint almost the entire car, have the entire sale voided and get my money back, or the manager said he'd see if he could get me some cash back and I'd just take the car. I opted for the cash and the car in hand - he got me two grand and I just walked. The paint splotches aren't big and are mostly on the hood so I'm just going to decide if I can live with them over the next couple days. If not, Carvana already offered me ten grand more than I paid. Overall a pretty sorry ending to this entire saga. The Bronco is great, but I'm so jaded at this point it's hard to be excited.
Sponsored

5DayBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q60S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Bronco has FINALLY landed ay my dealership! She apparently passed all pre delivery checks and is in great shape (i'll double check). Picking her up Friday after they install all my accessories and swap out the hard top for the fully retractable soft top twill. CAN'T WAIT but still lost some excitement due to this saga.

unnamed 4.jpg

unnamed 3.jpg

unnamed 2.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Bronco has FINALLY landed ay my dealership! She apparently passed all pre delivery checks and is in great shape (i'll double check). Picking her up Friday after they install all my accessories and swap out the hard top for the fully retractable soft top twill. CAN'T WAIT but still lost some excitement due to this saga.

Ford Bronco 🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group unnamed (1)

Make sure to give that back bumper a good ass slap to check for sturdiness 🥴🥴🥴

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, after two weeks of delay after delay at the dealership with paint issues from Dirt/Ice Mountain, and after me purchasing the car to secure my interest rate, I was finally told yesterday they couldn't fix the paint. My choices are to wait more weeks for them to sort it out as a warranty issue with Ford and then repaint almost the entire car, have the entire sale voided and get my money back, or the manager said he'd see if he could get me some cash back and I'd just take the car. I opted for the cash and the car in hand - he got me two grand and I just walked. The paint splotches aren't big and are mostly on the hood so I'm just going to decide if I can live with them over the next couple days. If not, Carvana already offered me ten grand more than I paid. Overall a pretty sorry ending to this entire saga. The Bronco is great, but I'm so jaded at this point it's hard to be excited.
Sorry to hear. @Ford Motor Company I'm still waiting for you to congratulate me for getting the bronco 🫣

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I love the ease of the soft top but just love the look of the hardtop, especially on the discontinued red color and the eruption green (am I the only one?). wish I had ordered it, especially considering the ice mountain delay. C’est la vie!

Sponsored

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For those of you that've had your Broncos for a while, what's the over/under on how many weeks/months it's going to take me to remember that the window switches are under the armrest and not on the door?
Took me 10 minutes of owning it to remember it 😎

mamamoose

Big Bend
First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Taurus, 2019 Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For those of you that've had your Broncos for a while, what's the over/under on how many weeks/months it's going to take me to remember that the window switches are under the armrest and not on the door?
I picked mine up in April and I still look for it daily. lololol

mamamoose

Big Bend
First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Taurus, 2019 Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2 door. Do I really need mudflaps? If so, what ones do you recommend? non-squatch, no side-step or rock rails.

Preheateddinner

Big Bend
First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco BB 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm so sorry this happened to you after everything we've been through waiting on our builds. Mine had some paint damage upon arrival also, but my dealer was able to send it out to a body shop and had the hood repainted and the sill plate repainted. I wonder why your dealer couldn't do that too? I guess they figure you can use the $2k to get it done yourself, but that's crappy customer service on top of all of Ford's delays. Very bummed for you. It really sucks all the excitement out of getting a new car, huh?

Sponsored

lowinfobdiamondguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm so sorry this happened to you after everything we've been through waiting on our builds. Mine had some paint damage upon arrival also, but my dealer was able to send it out to a body shop and had the hood repainted and the sill plates repainted. I wonder why your dealer couldn't do that too? I guess they figure you can use the $2k to get it done yourself, but that's crappy customer service on top of all of Ford's delays. Very bummed for you. It really sucks all the excitement out of getting a new car, huh?
It does. I can feel myself getting over it the more I drive it though. Trying to look at this way: I got the exact build I wanted for $3,000 under MSRP at a time when that's otherwise impossible (Black Diamond two doors got $975 price protection plus the two grand my dealer gave me).

But don't get me wrong, screw Ford and I'll never buy anything else from them.

JD18

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Macan GTS, Bronco Badlands 2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny you should say that. I have been switching between my other car and my bronco. Not only does the bronco have the push button on the right vs a fake fob w the Macan on the left of the wheel. But the windows have me reaching for places buttons don’t exist. First world problems but we do get conditioned quickly to do certain things.

jcashlady

Outer Banks
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think they lost my bronco. 🤷‍♀️ After sitting in the final holding yard for 9 days only 70-80 miles from my dealership, they said it is now in the final transit to the dealership, they said it started the transit on August first and is set to arrive on August 7th…what??? 7 days to go 70 miles?? I don’t get it. What’s happening. I thought I would have gotten it last week… I think this will be how my bronco will arrive…

ResizedP9551e55af8-56b3-4b14-af12-3b3d63c6b5ed9571735693320081.gif

JD18

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Macan GTS, Bronco Badlands 2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they lost my bronco. 🤷‍♀️ After sitting in the final holding yard for 9 days only 70-80 miles from my dealership, they said it is now in the final transit to the dealership, they said it started the transit on August first and is set to arrive on August 7th…what??? 7 days to go 70 miles?? I don’t get it. What’s happening. I thought I would have gotten it last week… I think this will be how my bronco will arrive…

Ford Bronco 🛠 1/17/2022 Build week group ResizedP9551e55af8-56b3-4b14-af12-3b3d63c6b5ed9571735693320081
Deep breaths. You think updates were bad from Ford. The last few miles are the black hole for information once it hits the carrier companies from the rail depot. Hopefully it pops up when u least expect it. Also if for some reason it got any damage during transport. This may be where it is as as well. What’s crazy is tracking a car built in Germany. Put on a boat Shipped around the world is easier to track than one built in Michigan.

ArkBronco3667

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

ResizedP9551e55af8-56b3-4b14-af12-3b3d63c6b5ed9571735693320081.gif
I think they are just giving you your EDD window lol. 8/1 to 8/7.

I’m in the same boat as you except my EDD is 7/31-8/6. Mine has been at the final railyard since Friday. I’m really hoping mine makes it to the dealer before the weekend!
Sponsored