First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just received a text from my dealer saying that no new retail order will be accepted only dealer stock orders on September 12! Retail orders won’t open till sometime Q4? Is this what others are hearing?
Sponsored

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just received a text from my dealer saying that no new retail order will be accepted only dealer stock orders on September 12! Retail orders won’t open till sometime Q4? Is this what others are hearing?
That sounds like a dealer that wants to grab some stock. I’m not sure I’ve heard order banks for customers opening a month after dealer orders. Typically they match up.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe order banks for existing orders to transfer to 23, with new retail orders after?
But in the end it doesn't matter when the banks open, since Ford has control over the allocation formula and manufacturing order anyways. They could ope to all orders tomorrow and Ford could choose to build only outstanding reservations before anything else if they really wanted to. This is all just smoke and mirrors.

pattyg8r

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some people are still being told 8/15, so not everyone.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just got off the phone with Ford Customer Service. The rep verified that my order for '22MY Bronco is "unscheduled - clean." He just got an email from home office stating that the order bank for the '23MY Bronco will open on 9/12/22. Any unscheduled orders will have the opportunity to convert to a '23MY on 9/12. The dealer will have to go through the "Customer Order Verification Process" to update the order. If the dealer doesn't do this, Ford will not know that the customer is still interested in buying a Bronco. Make sure your dealer is on the ball!

doug56wshs

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That sounds like a dealer that wants to grab some stock. I’m not sure I’ve heard order banks for customers opening a month after dealer orders. Typically they match up.
Sounds right…just texted back saying that other dealers are saying i can put my order in and now all of the sudden he can put the order in but Ford “isn’t going to entertain any new retail orders until the current order are fulfilled” I don’t see this happening since so far Ford hasn’t cared much about the orders that people haven’t got yet!

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wouldn’t surprise me, just left Toyota as the wife is looking for a hybrid highlander and they don’t take customer orders at all period, no order banks just a deposit and if one comes to dealer allotment they go down the list and call and ask if you want to buy it, don’t get to pick color or any custom options just whatever Toyota sends them.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds right…just texted back saying that other dealers are saying i can put my order in and now all of the sudden he can put the order in but Ford “isn’t going to entertain any new retail orders until the current order are fulfilled” I don’t see this happening since so far Ford hasn’t cared much about the orders that people haven’t got yet!
May change considering all the new management coming from Amazon and JD Power, they may be doing this on purpose to satisfy customers who’ve already ordered.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They will have to re-order as 2023's, just like they did in 2022 when their 2021 orders were not built.
The running joke/question is how the reservation time stamp comes in to play.
Other running jokes are price protection and color carry overs.
Bye bye CyOr!
Welcome back AMB!
and a hearty welcome to the new color , "YAYY Another Grey" !!!
I hope they cancel all colors of paint for MY23. Everyone should have an asphalt colored Bronco, that way you bring the mall with you when you're out in beautiful nature and the one thing you're dying to see is some highway asphalt then you can look at your beautiful rig and dream of freeways.

How exciting! (Said nobody)

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wouldn’t surprise me, just left Toyota as the wife is looking for a hybrid highlander and they don’t take customer orders at all period, no order banks just a deposit and if one comes to dealer allotment they go down the list and call and ask if you want to buy it, don’t get to pick color or any custom options just whatever Toyota sends them.
No, that's not it.

I have read here on B6g that only Ford is incapable of building vehicles to meet customer demand.

Perhaps you were tripping balls when you went to the Toyota dealership and you asked for an MR2, or an 86 with more horsepower?

TriggerTX

First Name
Trigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
61 Ford T-Bird, Autozam AZ-1, Golf R, Suburban 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Looking forward to re-ordering for a 3rd time! I'm almost ashamed anymore when my friends still ask when I'm getting the Bronco. :rolleyes:
It's just a sick joke for my friends now. "WhEN aRE yOu gETTinG yOUr BrOnCo?!?"

I've been bidding on classic 60-Series instead and will be cancelling my now two years old reservation when they finally get to me in 2030.

Last edited:

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hope they cancel all colors of paint for MY23. Everyone should have an asphalt colored Bronco, that way you bring the mall with you when you're out in beautiful nature and the one thing you're dying to see is some highway asphalt then you can look at your beautiful rig and dream of freeways.

How exciting! (Said nobody)
They should just send them primed and let you paint it

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe order banks for existing orders to transfer to 23, with new retail orders after?
But in the end it doesn't matter when the banks open, since Ford has control over the allocation formula and manufacturing order anyways. They could ope to all orders tomorrow and Ford could choose to build only outstanding reservations before anything else if they really wanted to. This is all just smoke and mirrors.
Don't worry, soft top Big Bend 2.3 Broncos are always to the head of the line, provided your dealer has allocation. Get the Bronco you never wanted TODAY!

JuztQu3zt

Outer Banks
First Name
jhanny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 camaro 2ss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had a 2022 OBX ordered since January 2022 and haven't been scheduled a vin yet. 2 weeks ago I called ford customer service and the rep told me if I hadn't been scheduled a vin by the second week of August, I would most likely be pushed back to a 2023. Second week of August was when ordering bank was supposed to open for 2023....So I assume by this logic, if the new order bank opens 3rd week of September now, we now have roughly 5-6 weeks left to stay with a 2022.
I asked mu reo he said any 2022 not produced will be pushed to 2023 automatically but we don't lose our place inline plus a price protection
Sponsored