Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow they had one in stock? I would have had to wait at least a week. Was it covered?
yep they had everything!! My original dealer said 2 weeks but huntersville is just cool like that :cool: I’m super lucky!!

and yes it was all covered!!
Sponsored

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to saying it didn’t happen, but where is the threaded part in this picture? compared to your other photo with the “New” part ..it shows the threads. And why are the green and pink marks exactly the same as the broken one ? Down to the tiny blue blotch . I am a graphic designer ..can you splain?
Ford Bronco Tie rod just snapped while turning around in driveway [Update: Replaced Under Warranty] 6974A018-08D2-4E71-8D09-B16C9D47045B
Ford Bronco Tie rod just snapped while turning around in driveway [Update: Replaced Under Warranty] E7DAC98A-B9D3-4214-9F95-65A91B5F4ADD

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not to saying it didn’t happen, but where is the threaded part in this picture? compared to your other photo with the “New” part ..it shows the threads. And why are the green and pink marks exactly the same as the broken one ? Down to the tiny blue blotch . I am a graphic designer ..can you splain?
Ford Bronco Tie rod just snapped while turning around in driveway [Update: Replaced Under Warranty] E7DAC98A-B9D3-4214-9F95-65A91B5F4ADD
It's just the angle of it and you can't see the threads. Look on page 9 and there are close up shots.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The bend in the rod seems to indicate the rod was pulled up, not down. This is opposite from what a tie down bend would look like. However, a bend would shorten the effective length of the tie-rod, causing a toe in condition for that wheel. If the toe was reset to factory specs, the rod would have been rotated to make the adjustment which could account for what appears to be an upward bend. Was someone too dumb to realize the rod shouldn't be bent? OR maybe trying to cover up their f--- up?

Just throwing that out there...

And if you have normal tire wear, you can be that it's been that way since either a shop or the factory worked on it... which makes it easier to point the finger.

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's just the angle of it and you can't see the threads. Look on page 9 and there are close up shots.
yes better shots make a difference ..I was like did it de-thread it

OP
OP
DaBroncstah

DaBroncstah

Black Diamond
First Name
Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait what do you think didn’t happen?

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
nope this is a new dealer ship I went to instead of the one I got the recalls done at where maybe the messed up TRE happened! But I didn’t really get to talk with anyone since the vehicle was already there and all I had to do was pick it up

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Reused the same nut you nut

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wow, a happy ending.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

well the babe is back home!!! Huge thanks to huntersville ford in Charlotte and an even bigger thanks to @bltfrdtgh who is the best service manager ever :)

anyone in the Charlotte area should go to huntersville, 100/10 experience!!

Thank you for all the input everyone!!

Everyone on this forum is amazing and I’ve realized just how nice y’all are!! First thing I’m doing is ordering some braces. :ROFLMAO:

Fingers crossed this was just a wrong place wrong time scenario and I still am in love with my bronco!!

y’all are the best forum ever and if anyone is in the Charlotte area I hope to see you at cars and coffee tomorrow!!
I was in Huntersville 3 times in the last month and a half. I'll give a shout out next time in town. (2 of 5 grandkids there)

And do get a closer look at the distance between the rod and the strut. From front angle doesn't look like much

OP
OP
DaBroncstah

DaBroncstah

Black Diamond
First Name
Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was in Huntersville 3 times in the last month and a half. I'll give a shout out next time in town. (2 of 5 grandkids there)

And do get a closer look at the distance between the rod and the strut. From front angle doesn't look like much
okay will do! Thanks

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is exactly why I regret moving over to a Bronco platform from my 4Runner, absolute cringe with a splash of denial.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if it has been said, Bronco tie rods are two pieces. You only replace the inner the outer is reused.
Sponsored