First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First of all I am way too excited for the new Bronco to come out. Any thoughts on the best set up for New England Snow? My family does a lot of skiing in Vermont and I have heard that the wider tires on a Sasquatch will not be ideal for snow/slush. I hope to take my Bronco off-road but only a couple times a year so the focus should be winter weather.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

PS Any one listening to the Bring Back Bronco podcast it is very entertaining!
Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep the mud tires for warm weather cuz they're gonna be like hockey pucks when the weather drops. Some AT are more than capable even with snow/slush.

Weedwaka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR1, Mustang, Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The advanced AWD TC option on the Badlands / Wildtrack will be amazing in the snow as long as we can turn the traction control off which I think we can as its an off roader.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I daily a Jeep Wrangler year-round.

As long as you have either dedicated snow tires, or a good AT All-season (three-peak symbol) tire, you should have no concerns in the winter.

As mentioned earlier, many MT tires are intended for warmer seasons/climates (you know, when there's mud) and the compounds get too hard when the temperatures drop, resulting a poor grip.

Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there really that much of a concern and difference between AT and MT? You'd think because of that Ford would offer the option for either with the Sasquatch package...

ZiggysDad83

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a concern for me too (after telling my wife that I reserved a Bronco but that's a concern for another post).

I love the look of the squatch, but living in NJ I'm going to be driving in snow. I have a Wildtrak reserved but most likely will be switching to OB. Only thing is that so far from the production models, I hate the stock tires on the OB. In an ideal world, I get the 33s from the Badlands and they're just perfect in snow.

Ok now time to wake up from my dreams.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I daily a Jeep Wrangler year-round.

As long as you have either dedicated snow tires, or a good AT All-season (three-peak symbol) tire, you should have no concerns in the winter.

As mentioned earlier, many MT tires are intended for warmer seasons/climates (you know, when there's mud) and the compounds get too hard when the temperatures drop, resulting a poor grip.
Yeah, I have the Falken Wildpeak AT3W with the triple peak snow rating symbol on my truck and they are not unreasonably priced. Not sure if they make those all the way up to the Sasquatch size level though.

Sponsored

QuitPlayinWithYourDingy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4 V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depends which mountains you go to, really. Some have STEEEP and curvy climbs so the way down can get mighty sketchy. If you go to those then I'd spend the extra cash on dedicated winters for the added braking security so I reduce the chances of ending up in a guard rail. Bolton, Jay Peak, and esp Mad River come to mind.

245/75's on some steelies maybe.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have some friends that run Goodyear Duratracs year round because of the winter capabilities and they love them. I would have them but they didn't come in the size I wanted for my wheels. I have 35x12.50r15 Goodyear MTR/k's that I run year round in Michigan winters and have never had an issue with them. I know the compound is not meant for the snow, but when it's super deep I enjoy being able to kind of float on top of it like you would in the dunes.

This is an extremely capable vehicle and I don't see the muds on the Sasquatch being a major problem for winter. You just have to keep in mind the Bronco is probably going to drive like a Jeep and not like a truck. Meaning it will be light and floaty, but as long as you are ready for it and you practice safe driving habits it will be an absolute blast.

JH1026

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Yaris, 2016 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond