Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
the May Press Release says Dearborn made more than 1,000 a day in May

and how many shifts ?

what I'm asking - what is the plant capacity ? - if Dearborn has all the needed parts ?
There are 2 shifts Monday- Friday and 1 shift Saturday and Sunday if they don't work overtime. We currently build around 580-630 per shift, if they add tag relief back on then it's about 700 per shift. So about 700 per shift is maxed out.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
last year the Drummer said MAP projects 1,200 Broncos a day using two shifts

yeah, they aren't capable now
At the 7-3 build ratio he stated that would be over 1700 combined units a day. I am more inclined to believe 1200 a day combined at max production, no supply constraints, etc. I know PD was the golden goose of info for a couple of months but that sounds like some bad Intel.

And it was probably foolish of me to compare to F150 as that is Ford's bread and butter, that has been humming along since WWII and most likely gets dibs on shared constraints.

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disagree. Ford said they wanted to build a brand around Bronco and they even rewarded dealers for building Bronco specific showrooms so why shouldn't we applaud these enthusiastic dealers for trying to build brand loyalty instead of the typical "I can get you into that Explorer today" clueless dealer bullshit. Ford changed the rules and screwed over both the helpful dealers and tens of thousands of enthusiastic early adopters.
I guess the Issue is when enthusiasm becomes selective to popular models and try to rope in nation wide customers knowing fully well about the limited allocation that they may get. I think it is a matter of short term and long term.Some did a lot more investment and achieved sales targets and that may have translated into better allotments.
Supply chain and shortages means not all orders are equal. So you can build only units which are within constraints.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So what's considered an "early reservation?" I feel like I might be on the cusp of not being in the early class. April 2021...
You aren't considered an early reservation. Many don't even consider those who reserved under the Grange-tober promotion to be early reservation holders. But as a blanket label, if you reserved in 2020 before the order banks opened in Jan. 2021, then you are considered an early reservation holder.

TinaGiraldi

Wildtrak
First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I only have a four digit number because I ordered at dealership. Who can I call and bypass dealer to see where I stand for My22?

wildtrak sasq

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I only have a four digit number because I ordered at dealership. Who can I call and bypass dealer to see where I stand for My22?

wildtrak sasq
have your order code and sales code ready and call Ford for an update or use the chat feature on the Ford website.

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The problem is and always has been is the Webasto plant. Ford can/is building over 2000 Broncos a week but Webasto can’t even produce half that many hard tops a week

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem is and always has been is the Webasto plant. Ford can/is building over 1000 Broncos a day but Webasto can’t even produce half that many hard tops a day
Source? According to the released production numbers the best MAP has done in a month is 14.9k.

Sponsored

VegasJason

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I could be wrong, but I bet there aren’t many soft top builds left in the order queue.
There are still steel issues for the tow package, and the sas wheels too though right?

Big Lig

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150 FX4 Super, 2018 Jeep Sahara JLU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The problem is and always has been is the Webasto plant. Ford can/is building over 2000 Broncos a week but Webasto can’t even produce half that many hard tops a week
All the more reason to provide a soft top only option for the 2 door.
Sponsored