First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just received our long awaited Wildtrak last night with the new Hoss 3.0 package. I was extremely surprised how smooth it drove, and it's actually comparable to the ride on our Gen3 Raptor with the 37 package! This is a 2 door with such a small wheel base and i didn't imagine it would ride as good and smooth as it does. It soaks up road imperfections without any body motion. The only time i notice the shorter wheel base is over the bigger and longer road depressions where the rear end drops in when the front end is coming out of it. A friend of mine has the 4 door Wildtrak with the standard suspension and it does ride great, but i wouldn't compare it the ride of a Raptor.

If you are on the fence on if the Hoss 3.0 package is worth it.... get it!!

Now if i can tame some of the wind noise I'll be set.

295510179_765676888217659_6505832887565289325_n.jpg

296470224_1374730892930581_3600596835447130485_n (1).jpg
So glad to hear this, have been debating on Wildtrak for this reason as well as running boards tailgate roof rack etc but really was looking for a suspension review and glad to hear it sounds smooth as glass!
Sponsored

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks, keeps it from getting smacked around.
20220530_153311 (1).jpg
received_1141068613306306.jpeg
Beautiful truck and thanks for the additional pics! You’ve actually done a lot more than I expected from what was visible in the earlier pic. Well done, sir!

OP
OP
jlatigo

jlatigo

Wildtrak
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Bronco, 14 Raptor, 22 Raptor, 22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Beautiful truck and thanks for the additional pics! You’ve actually done a lot more than I expected from what was visible in the earlier pic. Well done, sir!
Thanks!! She was a fun build with a few extras to make her go fast and still be comfortable. Now debating on what to do with the wildtrak.

20200530_133333 (1).jpg

20181020_160512.jpg

20181018_212611.jpg

20181018_185716.jpg

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks!! She was a fun build with a few extras to make her go fast and still be comfortable. Now debating on what to do with the wildtrak.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 suspension ride quality review 20181018_185716

Again - WOW! About the only thing I’ve done to my ‘13 is rebuild the stock shocks a few times and stick a whipple on top of it. It’s a great truck in stock form, but yours is truly next level.

Are you thinking you’ll do something similar with the wildtrak? Can’t wait to see it if you do.

I’ve got a 2D Big Bend with the stock suspension & 2” spacer lift kit with 315’s on it(bought it that way). Even though it’s not the HOSS 3.0, I feel the same way you do about the ride quality and handling of such a short vehicle. I was really surprised at how much more comfortable it is to drive than a similar Jeep or 4Runner. Also agree with the wind noise, but I expected it and don’t really mind it.

I’m installing a set of King’s & Camburg UCA’s tomorrow, but that’s all I’ll do to this one except for new wheels/tires. Figure if I need more capability than it’s got, I’ll order a Bronco Raptor in a year or two if this order/delivery/ADM insanity settles down a bit.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just received our long awaited Wildtrak last night with the new Hoss 3.0 package. I was extremely surprised how smooth it drove, and it's actually comparable to the ride on our Gen3 Raptor with the 37 package! This is a 2 door with such a small wheel base and i didn't imagine it would ride as good and smooth as it does. It soaks up road imperfections without any body motion. The only time i notice the shorter wheel base is over the bigger and longer road depressions where the rear end drops in when the front end is coming out of it. A friend of mine has the 4 door Wildtrak with the standard suspension and it does ride great, but i wouldn't compare it the ride of a Raptor.

Sounds great, just not sure you can attribute the good ride to the 3.0 package. I have a lowly Base Bronco and impressed by the ride quality. I would say good ride and handling (for an off road truck) is an attribute all Broncos have. Heck I think it rides better than my sedan.

Sponsored

Derkz34

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Prius, 2020 Honda Grom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Do you have any comparisons to a SAS suspension for this? Unfortunately my Wildtrak was built the week they released this and I was bummed I missed out. I enjoy the SAS shocks however I feel like the slow speed compression is a tad stiff. Where it really shines is above 30mph, but depending on the terrain I cant really go that fast all the time.

The dilemma I'm in is if its worth it to buy some HOSS 3.0 take offs or if at that point I might as well just buy some Fox Performance Elite DSC/King Shocks.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Do you have any comparisons to a SAS suspension for this? Unfortunately my Wildtrak was built the week they released this and I was bummed I missed out. I enjoy the SAS shocks however I feel like the slow speed compression is a tad stiff. Where it really shines is above 30mph, but depending on the terrain I cant really go that fast all the time.

The dilemma I'm in is if its worth it to buy some HOSS 3.0 take offs or if at that point I might as well just buy some Fox Performance Elite DSC/King Shocks.
The ride is great but as soon as FOX releases their Factory Race Series 3.0 IBP shocks with DSC for Bronco as an upgrade/lift option I'm upgrading and moving to 37 inch tires.

Pit Bear

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I received my 4 door Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 with MIC top about 2 weeks ago, and I also can attest to the smooth ride and mine is as quiet as any truck I've owned in the past. I get hardly any wind noise or road noise when driving. Very pleased.

Leland

Raptor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, Mustang MachE GT, Raptor, Subaru (2)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Does anyone know if any Bronco Owners will be able to upgrade their Hoss 2.0 to the Hoss 3.0 and whether it would be a smooth transaction or more complex.

Sponsored

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This Raptor build reminds me of building Group N rally cars that are still "stock" lol

PIG1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I'm a Jeep guy new to the Bronco side. Can you get the HOSS 3.0 on a 2-door Badlands with the 2.3 liter/7-speed manual?

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know if any Bronco Owners will be able to upgrade their Hoss 2.0 to the Hoss 3.0 and whether it would be a smooth transaction or more complex.
The HD steering rack will be the most complicated part, other than that you should be able to swap over the Fox2.5 and performance tie rods just like any other tie rod and shock/coil swap.

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have had my HOSS3.0 equipped WT 4 door for about a month. It was definitely a pretty harsh ride at first, with tire skipping driving it home from the dealer. Tire were inflated to 49-50psi. Have since dropped them down to something reasonable and it is a much better ride. Is it leaps and bounds better than the HOSS2.0 ride, no but it looks much better and the ford performance tie rods and HD steering rack are the real gem of the package.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The HD steering rack will be the most complicated part, other than that you should be able to swap over the Fox2.5 and performance tie rods just like any other tie rod and shock/coil swap.
Also the rear stabilizer bar.
Sponsored