Djveks22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
What happened to the thread about a rumor from someone that things aren’t being done until up to March 2023? Scheduled or produced ? I forgot
Sponsored

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is only a delay in opening up new orders. That's it. If you really read what they wrote, they aren't promising anything else. Allocations and constraints will still determine when your Bronco is built. Extending the retail order moratorium a couple of months on new orders only marginally reduces the number of low-optioned BB/ Base, OBX 4 door walk-ins that would have been built out of order because of fewer constraints, shipped to dealers with unused allocation (what has been happening already). So, a lot of words to only say they will delay new retail order banks 60-90 more days... anything else is subterfuge or wishful interpretation of that subterfuge.
I think it’s more than that. Introducing COVP will reduce the number of orders that will convert to 2023 which will speed up our build.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What happened to the thread about a rumor from someone that things aren’t being done until up to March 2023? Scheduled or produced ? I forgot
You mean the thread from someone who just joined the forum, was their first post, posted "my dealer said" info without a source and/or backup documentation? That thread?

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think it’s more than that. Introducing COVP will reduce the number of orders that will convert to 2023 which will speed up our build.
I'm not in the camp that believes there are 10's of thousands of duplicative orders- once you exclude dealer stock orders. I may be underestimating that but constraints and allocation will have a far bigger impact on when you get your order than the COVP implementation.

Sponsored

amassey

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just was notified by my dealer (yes I know this is a my dealer said post) that they received an update from ford that they will not be opening up MY23 retail orders at all. Yes I know they said they wouldn't do it in September and they would provide an update in Q4 but this dealer is saying they received an update that they won't do it at all. Can anyone confirm?

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just was notified by my dealer (yes I know this is a my dealer said post) that they received an update from ford that they will not be opening up MY23 retail orders at all. Yes I know they said they wouldn't do it in September and they would provide an update in Q4 but this dealer is saying they received an update that they won't do it at all. Can anyone confirm?
I think I am going to Be sick.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not in the camp that believes there are 10's of thousands of duplicative orders- once you exclude dealer stock orders. I may be underestimating that but constraints and allocation will have a far bigger impact on when you get your order than the COVP implementation.
I don’t disagree, but at least a few more months of no new retail orders will also get even more of us scheduled… maybe another 15k-25k in 2 months?

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t disagree, but at least a few more months of no new retail orders will also get even more of us scheduled… maybe another 15k-25k in 2 months?
Not sure if it's going to help whatsoever, don't see much difference between adding 100,000 new dealer stock orders vs retail orders. If anything they could've just modified the Price and Build to removed parts that are often constrained, allowing simple retail builds and stopping dealer stock orders.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not sure if it's going to help whatsoever, don't see much difference between adding 100,000 new dealer stock orders vs retail orders. If anything they could've just modified the Price and Build to removed parts that are often constrained, allowing simple retail builds and stopping dealer stock orders.
Pretty sure that is the route some of this is going based on how they are doing the other newer launches, orderable restrictions may be a thing for Broncos. I believe in some of the bulletins that are floating around, it talks about restricted dealer stock to obviously lesser constrained trims.

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I agree, this is exactly what I was thinking. If they can build the lower trims without impeding existing orders, why not let those orders go to customers instead of the dealers. You know that the dealers add ADM to stock orders, which Ford doesn't want, so they say.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... this is a little hard to believe.

And all these 'my dealer said' posts are turning me in to an alcoholic. Gonna stop this game.

And no one can confirm, because Ford doesn't say anything until they say something. All the "my dealer said" posts conflict with each other, and I'll guarantee the vast majority of dealers actually know nothing.

By any chance was this salesman trying to get you to buy one on the lot for $10k over sticker and telling you Ford won't be accepting any orders for MY23 so you better act fast on this beauty right here?
Sponsored