Sponsored

A less intense discussion: Recommendations for foldable dash sunshade?

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello everyone -

This isn't a thread about how I am pissed I haven't gotten my Bronco yet or about how I broke a tie rod arm or how I was sideswiped by a drunk...it's about something much more important...SUNSHADES!!!

Given that the Bronco windshield is so short, has anyone found a decent foldable shade that isn't too tall but is still wide enough to do some good?

Thanks!!!
Sponsored

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello everyone -

This isn't a thread about how I am pissed I haven't gotten my Bronco yet or about how I broke a tie rod arm or how I was sideswiped by a drunk...it's about something much more important...SUNSHADES!!!

Given that the Bronco windshield is so short, has anyone found a decent foldable shade that isn't too tall but is still wide enough to do some good?

Thanks!!!

Ford Bronco A less intense discussion: Recommendations for foldable dash sunshade? R.efc1f7ba2bb850469254e25049fa0e02

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We got:
Savadicar Windshield Sun Shade
Link here

sasquatchbronco1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got the OEM sunshade, thinking it would be the best fit. For whatever reason there is still plenty of gap, especially around the rear view mirror. With that being said, it still does a good job although I am disappointed the fit is not as good as I would have expected. I don't love the rollup kind of shades because they take up more space when not in use.

Sponsored
OP
OP
heynow14

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the OEM sunshade, thinking it would be the best fit. For whatever reason there is still plenty of gap, especially around the rear view mirror. With that being said, it still does a good job although I am disappointed the fit is not as good as I would have expected. I don't love the rollup kind of shades because they take up more space when not in use.
Yeah, agreed...I was hoping there's a foldable option that has a smaller footprint when closed...there's not a lot of interior room to begin with so eating up a bunch for this isn't ideal...

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello everyone -

Thanks!!!
I have the OEM one (made by covercraft) and it's excellent. I've had the same style for all my vehicles for years and been perfectly happy.

The Mabett roll up one from amazon also fits REALLY well.... too well actually. It didn't have enough room for my dash cam, so the dash cam sat between their sunshade and the windshield and cooked it like a potato in an oven.

Stangcrazy66

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SHO, 2001 Cobra, 2021 bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use weathertech. It rolls up nice and fits perfect. Got one for the sho after I liked the bronco one so much

BroncoBurgerWithCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond; Jeep Grand Chero; BMW X5M
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the Mabett one and it fits and stores great. It is currently hell's front porch here so I use it daily at work. When it rolls up it is tight and narrow enough that I can push it under the passenger seat on top of the lever that slides the seat forward/back, between the lever and the bottom of the seat itself, parallel with the dashboard. A passenger sitting in the seat doesn't even know it is there.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because so far, everything @Mabett makes is terrific. I don't buy the knock-off's....

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

very happy with the Mabett, I store it under the back seat but have to try the above mentioned under the front seat idea too. Fits very well, does what it's supposed to do, inexpensive and has no writing or anything else on it, the way I like it. I have a bunch of their products and am happy with every single one of them. Plus the guy (or some guy working for the manufacturer) is really responsive here on the forum, always looking for input before and after items are available. I got the center console organizer, the back seat carpet covers, door handle storage, sunscreen and I'm sure I'll be getting more items from him/them.

Mike Kleen

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Base MIC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the Mabett one and it fits and stores great. It is currently hell's front porch here so I use it daily at work. When it rolls up it is tight and narrow enough that I can push it under the passenger seat on top of the lever that slides the seat forward/back, between the lever and the bottom of the seat itself, parallel with the dashboard. A passenger sitting in the seat doesn't even know it is there.
That's a fantastic location description
Sponsored