Sponsored

Going for factory Roof Rack & Rails for 2-door Bronco? Or go aftermarket?

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a newbie question and I am seeking advice as well. I am wondering if I should purchase the Roof/Rails for my 2-door bronco or should i wait for aftermarket. Will it get in the way of me taking off the roof panels? Will it obstruct me view?

Does anyone have any pictures or recommendations?

Thanks for your consideration!

Claude
Member 1145
Sponsored

Ruggles

Big Bend
First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am wondering the same thing! The interactive garage builder site shows Yakima bars mounted on just the rear portion of the roof. I think the factory roof rack looks a little clunky and would prefer the smaller Yakima bars just on the back but I don't know if it's actually going to be a real thing or not. I have an older Yakima basketcase cargo rack I'd like to mount up there.

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the difference is the factory rack allows you to remove the front portion of the roof with the rack on while the normal style yakima rack will require all the roof panels to remain in place.

BroncoRack.png

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Idk for me depending on the price I might just get the one from Ford. Stuff like a roof rack might be one of the first accessory I add to my Bronco. I'm hoping to see a catalog of some sort of all the 200+ accessing when we get to build our Broncos

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the difference is the factory rack allows you to remove the front portion of the roof with the rack on while the normal style yakima rack will require all the roof panels to remain in place.

Ford Bronco Going for factory Roof Rack & Rails for 2-door Bronco? Or go aftermarket? BroncoRack
This is the weirdest picture in the bronco gallery. Almost everything about it is weird or different from the other Bronco pictures.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the weirdest picture in the bronco gallery. Almost everything about it is weird or different from the other Bronco pictures.
Yeah. They took the doors off the hard way.

(I'm assuming this is a CG image created from whatever pictures they had on hand.)

Edprem

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Following. I would also like to know if the roof rack will not allow you to remove the roof. I plan to have mine off most of the time.

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What has me hesitant about the stock rack is the weight rating of 120lbs,hope they make something stronger as most Rooftop tents are close to that weight.
Yes, the Roofnest one I was looking at is around 160 lbs, will need a stronger rack.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yakima is the official supplier for the roof racks Ford sells, as has been the case for a few years now.

The "factory" roof rack was designed and made by Yakima. I'll be picking up the "factory" roof rack as there will be plenty of accessories which go with it and it will fit the unusual mounting point arrangement that Bronco has. Even if it ends up being $600, that's still cheaper than an aftermarket rack which will have about the same load rating. If you want a higher rating, it will have to be clamping entirely onto the roll structure itself (as opposed to latching onto it) as there isn't a hard point up there like a flat bed truck would provide.

FWIW; from what i've seen (and have been paying attention to the roof-off photos specifically related to the roof rack), I believe that the clamping ends for the rear mount points will slide inward and connect to the boron bar structure or be mounted to them the entire time with an access panel through the roof. Could be 100% incorrect on this, but as nothing official has come out this is simply my speculation.

Sponsored

Ruggles

Big Bend
First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am hoping to have something like this, for my cargo basket on the back.

Annotation 2020-08-27 181715.jpg

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am hoping to have something like this, for my cargo basket on the back.

Ford Bronco Going for factory Roof Rack & Rails for 2-door Bronco? Or go aftermarket? Annotation 2020-08-27 181715
I really like something about this picture, might be the grill? The whole thing just looks more like a truck than a jeep. Is it a 4" lift shown?

Ruggles

Big Bend
First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really like something about this picture, might be the grill? The whole thing just looks more like a truck than a jeep. Is it a 4" lift shown?
It's just the default Big Bend trim on interactive garage builder, I'm guessing the real one will not be so tall haha

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yakima is the official supplier for the roof racks Ford sells, as has been the case for a few years now.

The "factory" roof rack was designed and made by Yakima. I'll be picking up the "factory" roof rack as there will be plenty of accessories which go with it and it will fit the unusual mounting point arrangement that Bronco has. Even if it ends up being $600, that's still cheaper than an aftermarket rack which will have about the same load rating. If you want a higher rating, it will have to be clamping entirely onto the roll structure itself (as opposed to latching onto it) as there isn't a hard point up there like a flat bed truck would provide.

FWIW; from what i've seen (and have been paying attention to the roof-off photos specifically related to the roof rack), I believe that the clamping ends for the rear mount points will slide inward and connect to the boron bar structure or be mounted to them the entire time with an access panel through the roof. Could be 100% incorrect on this, but as nothing official has come out this is simply my speculation.
Yeah, I'm going to have to see some additional capacity out of the stock set to go that route. Whether it's a way to directly anchor them to the cage or an aftermarket solution that still utilizes them.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will go factory. It's only $400