First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think this has been discussed in it's own thread. I've seen a few members speculate that the black Bronco with the funky top could possibly be hiding a roof top tent. How cool would it be if it were fully integrated into the Bronco and could clamp in where the removable roof panels go - temporarily replacing them?

You could have an access from below to the tent without going outside. Kind of like an Ursa Minor. The back section of the roof would have to stay in place of course but that could be designed around. Could make a low profile tent with less drag.

Ford Bronco Rooftop tent that replaces the panels? Ford-Bronco-Jeep-Wrangler-9
Sponsored

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well Ursa miner is showing a future part#for a RTT on the 4dr and maybe this is the prototype?
Hopefully this would be a far less expensive option since it wouldn't replace the entire hard top.

mostly harmless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I seriously doubt that is a RTT in the picture . A lot of the test mules looked like that, it is just pre-production or part of the camouflage for the early test units.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, I was thinking that today and commented on another post

Sponsored

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that Bronco is covered because it’s a different top they haven’t shown, the same type that Jeep Wrangler has with the retractable soft top/hard top. Ford literally copied everything so far except that.

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I seriously doubt that is a RTT in the picture . A lot of the test mules looked like that, it is just pre-production or part of the camouflage for the early test units.
Awww man, you guys are bringing me down! :ROFLMAO:

Still a cool idea though. Hopefully someone makes one that integrates with cabin access and all.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Awww man, you guys are bringing me down! :ROFLMAO:

Still a cool idea though. Hopefully someone makes one that integrates with cabin access and all.
I would love something like the Ursa Minor style But still be able to go open top with relative ease.

Dont know how but I just figured it out as I typed this. Since the 4 door has such a large open air experience hole. The bed is a hammock that hangs into the opening, but tighter like a trampoline with out the springs. Or maybe with a lil spring. The whole bed surface rolls up to rear bar area, And above that you have either a hard or soft shell that can be completely removed by two people or popped straight up just like alot of hardshell tents with and the tent skirt able to be zipped in and out. You would access the sleeping area from the rear either by standing on the slide out tailgate and climbing up or through a hatch on the rear portion that does have a hard floor from the roll bar back to the top of the rear window. If the bed surface was of a UV blocking mesh type it would work as a shade top while you leave your top tied to a tree at camp or if its all soft top material just have it folded back.

Thats it, thats all the genuis I can pull outa "you know where" today. Anybody got a sewing machine.

Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hopefully this would be a far less expensive option since it wouldn't replace the entire hard top.
Not less expensive; $7-$10K depending how you option it out. It is an awesome RTT.

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This might explain why they have that "turret" hatch opening in the back part of some tops. So you can have access to a RTT. That would be cool.

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not less expensive; $7-$10K depending how you option it out. It is an awesome RTT.
I was attempting to say that maybe it would be less expensive if they made one that fit into the top panels instead of an entire roof replacement. I'd draw up what I mean but I have zero skills in that department. It would ideally be easily removable as well. I'm sure it would be an expensive option but hopefully less than the $10k or so the Ursa prices out for me with options.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was attempting to say that maybe it would be less expensive if they made one that fit into the top panels instead of an entire roof replacement. I'd draw up what I mean but I have zero skills in that department. It would ideally be easily removable as well. I'm sure it would be an expensive option but hopefully less than the $10k or so the Ursa prices out for me with options.
If I went this route would probably go with a basic version and solar equip it with my own kit.

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did check with Ursa Minor and the are building the pop up and you will be able to finance through Ford. for 2021 you will not see it on the B&P.

https://ursaminorvehicles.com/b30-bronco-pop-top.html

it is not an inexpensive option and the sleeping area should be better than the JKU of 4 feet wide. Just perfect for the dog and I. Will be tight if the Mrs decides to camp.
my main worry is the height penalty, for the JKU it is +8”. Still prolly less than the stock rack an basket but shorter than the platform. If Ford can finance it at 0% then it will be a good option for me..
Sponsored