OC4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a Portland dealer reach out to me and ask if they offered Granger pricing, how many would change their reservations........thoughts?

Update 10/4: See Duck’s post in Western US Buyers thread, Damerow is offering $1K under invoice.....

From September-Dick’s Mackenzie Ford
I reached out to the dealer for an update on 8/28 and again on 8/31. He replied back on 9/3 with this:

"Sorry for the delay. Our end of month routines get a little nutty. I am still Gauging the interest. outside of the Norcal guys, doesnt appear to have a bunch of Oregon peeps. we are definitely considering.

For the record, I think when people realize that there is little margin in vehicles anymore and they factor in fees, shipping etc, I am not sure how may will stay committed to making a 1000 mile journey, and waiting a few weeks for delivery. When its all said and done, it could be less than $1000 difference between the convenience of taking delivery locally, and building that bond with a dealer, and buying from out of state, shipping, fees etc.

We will for sure decide before the dealer change cutoff, and I will make you fully aware of whatever we decide. It would be much easier if I had a solid commitment, great CSI, etc. I realize we wont get that, and its a gamble for us.

I will let you know, hopefully shortly!"

I agree that it doesn't sound promising. For those that want to counter his points, which I have already sent to him, the dealer is Dicks MacKenzie Ford.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoPVC

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,Sas, 4dr, Soft Top, Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need someone to fill me in on the Granger pricing. What are they offering? I know they've gained somewhat of a cult following here but I must have missed some.

BroncoPVC

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,Sas, 4dr, Soft Top, Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sw Washington, I would change mine...
I went down this road last week. I'm also from WA, you would still have to pay the tax on it when returning to WA.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went down this road last week. I'm also from WA, you would still have to pay the tax on it when returning to WA.
Yes, you pay the tax rate of, and to the state you live. Some dealers have you pay the taxes on your own. Some have you pay the tax to them, and they submit it to the state when they send the papers to the DMV in your state. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. :)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

$1000 under invoice, $1300 under invoice if x plan.
With dealers in my area surely looking at mark-ups it may be financially feasible to fly, or drive to Iowa to do business with Granger. It would make for a great road trip home, and as an added plus many of us will have the break in miles done with by them. It's a bit over 1000 miles from my house to Granger in Iowa, and there is some beautiful country in between.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If they offer Granger pricing and a lifetime powertrain warranty that I can use at my local dealer I would be down to travel to P-town.

Sponsored

BobSlydel21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude Portland when it sizzles for sure... I love that town. @OC4x4 Are you just trolling here... not throwing accusations; sarcasm I promise.

I'm from Petaluma Northern California. Honestly, the break in process for those rides back down to Nor Cal is a no brainer [Portland... Bandon Dunes... Newport... Over the Hills and through the woods... Bend... Crater Lake... Ashland...] I'll even rock Modest Mouse and the Shins the whole way back through Oregon to comply with State Laws!!!

Seriously though, tell me the name of the Dealership and who to talk to. I'll be super polite I promise, happy to give them a real world voice of someone who is beyond down to clown.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd look at it. The reason I considered Granger was the road trip through the Badlands. But my daughter moved to Oregon last year so I could visit her instead. I think I'd go to Oregon first. Badlands 2022 ;)

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would likely do it if a dealership in SW Idaho won't match that deal.

OP
OP
OC4x4

OC4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dude Portland when it sizzles for sure... I love that town. @OC4x4 Are you just trolling here... not throwing accusations; sarcasm I promise.

I'm from Petaluma Northern California. Honestly, the break in process for those rides back down to Nor Cal is a no brainer [Portland... Bandon Dunes... Newport... Over the Hills and through the woods... Bend... Crater Lake... Ashland...] I'll even rock Modest Mouse and the Shins the whole way back through Oregon to comply with State Laws!!!

Seriously though, tell me the name of the Dealership and who to talk to. I'll be super polite I promise, happy to give them a real world voice of someone who is beyond down to clown.
No troll, wouldn’t do that to anybody. A GSM reached out and is testing the waters, don’t believe he has been given the go ahead by the owners yet, wants to gauge interest level. He is a member here and I gave him a link to the thread but I’ll pass along your info. It would be sweet ride back to Petaluma......hope the fires have calmed down In that area.

BobSlydel21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No troll, wouldn’t do that to anybody. A GSM reached out and is testing the waters, don’t believe he has been given the go ahead by the owners yet, wants to gauge interest level. He is a member here and I gave him a link to the thread but I’ll pass along your info. It would be sweet ride back to Petaluma......hope the fires have calmed down In that area.
Dude... just had two guys from the Bay Area Bronco Thread ask me to keep them in the loop regarding Portland. We're all super salty regarding the dealerships throughout the Bay Area outer Bay Area region. Its not just a pricing thing either; its a lack of knowledge or customer service. We've got guys in for a trip to Iowa just to not buy from California... its a real thing... Please let your connection know I want to share information. Direct Message me sooner than later.
Sponsored