MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok so here is my complaint thread since everyone else has one :p.

So the Mid, High and Lux packages all come with a few cool things but they are all jam packed with nannies. Things like evasive driving assist, lane keep assist, forward sensing(whatever that is), 360 Co-pilot etc...

I don’t know what most of those things are but I’m pretty sure I don’t want them. I have driven a Cadillac with a lot of these things and I have found that it is more likely to make me crash when the steering wheel is yanked away from me because I didn’t use my blinker to change lanes.

Does anyone know what these are? Do you know if they can be disabled permanently? I don’t want to have to turn them off everytime I start the car.

Also does anyone know why Sync 4 with enhanced voice recognition is on the mid package? Isn’t sync just the operating system on the screens? What would be on the screen without it? And what is Voice activated touch screen navigation on Lux?

All I want is the 360 camera, power plug/USB and the speakers.

Edit - Here is the link explaining the tech in the Bronco. Credit to @ChrisKz

https://www.ford.com/trucks/ranger/features/technology/#ford_co_pilot360tm
Sponsored

Last edited:

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. I am not a huge fan of anything trying to take over responsibility for driving and I really hate the "package" system that forces unrelated features to be purchased together. The one exception is traditional cruise control. Now if those nanny's came with a NASCAR mode, I might change my mind. Cruising bumper to bumper at 80mph might be cool.

I have a chuckle every time I read about Tesla Autopilot leading to a wreck. This is also why I will only buy a manual, one less way the vehicle can take control.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I didn’t use my blinker to change lanes.
We are going to crowdfund you every driver assistance option in the book. I’m emailing mike Levine to make sure you can’t turn them off either.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m all about these items. They’re another set of tools in my box.

Look, am I an absolutely perfect driver, better than everyone else who’s ever been on the road?

Yes.

Have I been caught daydreaming or distracted and gotten myself into trouble like a dumbass?

Also yes.

The way I see them, they’re like an optic on a rifle. I can use irons, but I like force multipliers. All’s fair in love and war... and I cheat to win.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mine

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those nannies aren't there for the 25% of drivers who actually enjoy driving (aka, us). They're there for the vast majority of people who either can't drive or see driving as a chore and therefore don't pay attention like they should. While robots aren't perfect drivers I would argue they're already better than a healthy chunk of the idiots out there.

Edit: And yes, I lump non-turn-signal-using people into the idiot category;)

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have grown to like all of those things. Adaptive cruise is fantastic when well executed...makes normal cruise seem useless when going back and forth. I don’t know how long ago you drove the Caddy with lane assist, but in the 2020 you can barely tell it’s there...it definitely doesn’t jerk the wheel. If you steer, it backs off. If you drift it helps a little. Works great. All of these things though should’ve easy enough to turn off, but they are really life to have.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like some of them but there are a few variables. I don't mind Fords approach, but I am not a fan of Honda's. Honda's I feel create additional risk the way the yank the steering wheel when it perceives you have done something wrong. I can handle it when I do something wrong, but the system is not perfect and occasionally it will freak out and slam the brakes, yank the wheel or something crazy. Honda's adaptive cruise really could use some adjustment.

Overall I think they create lazy drivers or at least magnify the lazy ones enabling them to be more lazy. Their intention is good and I support them, but you should always be able to turn them off.

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not saying they should not be available, I am saying that they should be in their own package so I can avoid them and not pay for them. It is stupid that I have to accept all the nannies when all I want is the nice stereo and screen with 360 view.

LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford isn't even consistent on how they "package" this stuff. Playing around with the 2021 F-150 truck configurator and it clearly offers a stand-alone option for the 360-deg camera for $765. Although it does force getting the fancier side mirrors - likely needed for integrated cameras, so it really costs about twice as much to pay for those fancy mirrors. So Ford still playing games.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ok so here is my complaint thread since everyone else has one :p.

So the Mid, High and Lux packages all come with a few cool things but they are all jam packed with nannies. Things like evasive driving assist, lane keep assist, forward sensing(whatever that is), 360 Co-pilot etc...

I don’t know what most of those things are but I’m pretty sure I don’t want them.
Ford Bronco Packages and Driving Nannies 1598627607623
Sponsored