Sponsored

5" lift, 37" nittos, highway speed is scary.....

Backwater

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC duramax
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got the RC 5" lift, and 37" nittos installed on my OBX. When driving at highway speeds (70-80mph) the vehicle is very unstable. If I hit a pothole, semi rut, patch, etc. in the road, I better have both hands on the wheel or else it gets very squirrelly. Not quite a death wobble, but it's close.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any solutions?
Sponsored

Lilhoss105

Wildtrak
First Name
Courtland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIC, Carbon Grey, High
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just got the RC 5" lift, and 37" nittos installed on my OBX. When driving at highway speeds (70-80mph) the vehicle is very unstable. If I hit a pothole, semi rut, patch, etc. in the road, I better have both hands on the wheel or else it gets very squirrelly. Not quite a death wobble, but it's close.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any solutions?

SO... Kinda related/unrelated, but here I go.

On my ram 1500 2014 I put some aftermarket wheels and a bit of oversized tires and experience somewhat of the same thing at speed (65+).

I found that the wheels don't sit flush with the hub and the bore sizes are different. In lehmans terms the inside of your wheel isn't touching the hub and is "centered" just by the bolts. At lower speeds this isn't an issue. I would google bore hub for bronco and whatever wheels you have and purchase the hub centric rings (linked in the bottom). I havent installed mine yet, just found out this was the fix this weekend. So I will be installing and will check back asap.

Bronco hub size is 93.1mm you will be looking for ~~110 to 93.1 sizing.

***This is all assuming alignment, balance is all correct***

GOOD LUCK

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CXRYRQP?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Tire pressure should be lower than OEM. (Like a lb or two lower than a OBX Squatch.) Chalk test is the best way to find the right pressure.

Check balance and alignment. Make sure your wheel hub is the correct bore for the bronco or add hub centric rings.

5ā€ lift? Was there a diff drop and UCAs in that 5ā€ lift in front?

In back weā€™re the longer / adjustable control arms? Was there a longer / adjustable trackbar and / or track bar bracket?

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was an alignment done?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Backwater

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC duramax
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tire pressure should be lower than OEM. (Like a lb or two lower than a OBX Squatch.) Chalk test is the best way to find the right pressure.

Check balance and alignment. Make sure your wheel hub is the correct bore for the bronco or add hub centric rings.

5ā€ lift? Was there a diff drop and UCAs in that 5ā€ lift in front?

In back weā€™re the longer / adjustable control arms? Was there a longer / adjustable trackbar and / or track bar bracket?
Diff drop, yes. No UCAā€™s because this is a knuckle type lift. Keeps OEM geometry. Yes track bar relocation bracket.

Cl1ckst3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've got the Rough Country 3.5 with 37's and it rides fine. I actually don't know if I have even gone 80MPH but definitely 75MPH or so. I'm on 37x12.5R17 Fuel Rebel.

@Yetibronco21 I am sure there are several people on Bronco6G with a 5 inch lift.

Have you reached out to Rough Country?
Sponsored