Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

8,300 miles to date so I guess I'm good?
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
8,300 miles to date so I guess I'm good?
Statistically, highly likely, but stats are not reflective of individual reality. You are definitely out of the infant mortality stage.

faziorf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR OBX AMB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just saw this, and I didn't see it posted previously in the thread. I'm not sure when it was posted to the NHTSA site, but the letter is dated Aug 8. Basically, it's the information request to Ford from the NHTSA - 13 specific sets of info in various formats. Due date for the info is Sept 28, but I'm assuming given Ford's inability to do anything on time that they will ask for an extension.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/inv/2022/INIM-PE22007-88374P.pdf

Attachments

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Sasquatch 2.7, Absolute Black
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey everyone what type of compensation are people getting after engine replacement?

Extended warranty, cash, service....?

Mojave Lux

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just saw this, and I didn't see it posted previously in the thread. I'm not sure when it was posted to the NHTSA site, but the letter is dated Aug 8. Basically, it's the information request to Ford from the NHTSA - 13 specific sets of info in various formats. Due date for the info is Sept 28, but I'm assuming given Ford's inability to do anything on time that they will ask for an extension.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/inv/2022/INIM-PE22007-88374P.pdf
This looks more serious
An eleven-page NHTSA Letter sent via Certified Mail w RRR , the standard delivery method when you anticipate a legal proceeding, to provide the Court with proof of delivery. Sent to Ford's Global Director of Automotive Safety

The two earlier ODI Resume 's were only one-page
This eleven-page August 8th Letter looks more formal

Is this formal letter standard in a NHTSA investigation ? Or does this imply that Ford's cooperation is less than desired ? now NHTSA is revving-up the legal machinery ?

Sponsored

faziorf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR OBX AMB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is this formal letter standard in a NHTSA investigation ? Or does this imply that Ford's cooperation is less than desired ? now NHTSA is revving-up the legal machinery ?
It’s a government agency that has processes and protections up the wazoo 😂

I’m not familiar with NHTSA processes but this looks like a standard Request For Information (RFI) as part of their investigation. The Certified Mail w/ RRR is more than likely to avoid Ford (and all the other manufacturers that get this type of RFI) an “out” that they never saw it.

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST, 2021 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jpg.crna

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe, Sierra 2500, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well I bought my Bronco this past Sunday. I had no idea about any of this or I may have passed on this particular one. Mine was being driven by the GM of the dealership I bought it from. It has 2200 miles on it currently and it’s #21322… keeping my fingers crossed.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I bought my Bronco this past Sunday. I had no idea about any of this or I may have passed on this particular one. Mine was being driven by the GM of the dealership I bought it from. It has 2200 miles on it currently and it’s #21322… keeping my fingers crossed.
How funny, I just bought a Bronco on Saturday, mine was a program car, driven by the managers of the dealership. Has 2312 miles #21132. Unlike you I was aware of this issue, just keeping my fingers crossed.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You are not in the window generally.

jpg.crna

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How funny, I just bought a Bronco on Saturday, mine was a program car, driven by the managers of the dealership. Has 2312 miles #21132. Unlike you I was aware of this issue, just keeping my fingers crossed.
Pulling for you! At least they are replacing the motors. I’m just always worried about resale given that large of a repair.

jpg.crna

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You are not in the window generally.
Definitely looks like I’m out of the hotspot area but there are some outliers. Hopefully all good. Time will tell.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pulling for you! At least they are replacing the motors. I’m just always worried about resale given that large of a repair.
Congrats on your new Bronco, I don't know what your plans are for it, but I wouldn't worry about resale value. Not only are you outside the "Hot Zone" I'd think an early '21 with a failed and replaced engine would be more desirable 5 years down the road than one on the original engine. Regardless of mileage. FWIW, I'm a 21169 with 5400 miles, I'm keeping mine.

Bronco-saurs

Outer Banks
First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer / 2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You should be fine, I'm 21319 and just shy of 14k miles. And no, I am far from easy on mine. Addicted the slight whistle of the turbos and well, the Sasquatch package. I go to Holly Oaks every chance I get and I am planning the Sand Dunes here in MI in a couple weeks. Loving every bit. If it fails, warranty. Not that I won't be annoyed with the down time, but I bought this to run it. Bound to break something.

IMG_20220715_114636.jpg
Sponsored