Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Id love a big honkin V8 in my bronco...

but everything else about the jeep is so... cheap.

meanwhile the raptor seems outgunned by the other cars in this price range.

both sides are a compromise and neither seem to justify their 75-80k price tag.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
the raptor R only exist because of the TRX and they have already announced the TRX is going away. They will prob make a limited number of demon TRXs so they can say we beat Ford.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 392 is tempting....

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
By every study I've seen, ev is cleaner than ice. Unless your power grid is pure old-school coal.
But that's not true of anywhere in the US at this point.

I just love the ridiculous torque. A quad motor suv would be ridiculous off road. No diff or driveshafts hanging.

JGB1966

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend Sasquatch 2.7 Auto
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
that video makes no sense, they tested nothing about either of the vehicle's, they could have stayed home and recorded a zoom call seeing as all they did was talk about the specs of both vehicles............

Sponsored

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Braptor looks so much better than the Jeep. It's not even close. More space and better tech. The V8 sounds great, but the ride comfort is clearly not the same. For the price, I'd go Braptor if I had the choice.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not a big fan of BH, he and his buddies were flipping Broncos, Raptors, and other desirable vehicles at local dealerships so they could mark them as sold "custom orders", then the dealership purchased them back after the review so they could charge that ridiculous ADM even though they were technically 'used' vehicles. He was and is part of the problem when it comes to vehicle availability.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
By every study I've seen, ev is cleaner than ice. Unless your power grid is pure old-school coal.
But that's not true of anywhere in the US at this point.

I just love the ridiculous torque. A quad motor suv would be ridiculous off road. No diff or driveshafts hanging.
EV become more carbon efficient in the first 1-2 years of road time. The break point varies depending on how big the battery is vs the fuel efficiency of the ICE vehicle. This accounts for the environmental impact of the mineral harvesting to create the battery.

The electrical grid and charging stations need more improvement to support millions of EV on the road, I don't think anyone is arguing that point.

States are already mandating EV vs ICE vehicles, and it is only going to get stricter over the next 15 years. In the next two decades you can expect to see 90% of cars being EV and only select performance/collector cars being ICE.

The Rivian is pretty bad ass already, I'm just not a fan of the looks.

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You gonna keep the Bronco?
Yes, I will be keeping the Bronco with the plan to build one of the rigs to run 40s with all the necessary upgrades. Discussions with APG is underway to better understand the details of their solution and I have a tried and true build configuration for the 392. The other rig will be my DD.

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just don’t understand Wranglers. Ugly, uncomfortable, unreliable, and there are better options. Lol
For most the Bronco is the better option. However, for the few that are primarily interested in serious rock crawling, there is no better platform than the Wrangler. For the even fewer that are primarily interested in serious high speed off-roading, I'd argue that there are better platforms than the Bronco Raptor.
Sponsored