Sponsored

Who received a Bronco in perfect condition and what was your build date?

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't know if I'm luck or the norm but I received my Bronco in perfect condition.
- The Hardtop wasn't faded or honeycombed
- Bought a factory softtop that doesn't squeak
- Paint is even
- Engine runs great at nearly $10k miles

I see people posting online all the time about issues with their Bronco (some major but most minor) and I wonder how many people have had zero issues?

P.s. Idk if this counts, if so I'll delete this post. I do have codes thrown when the doors are off. Ford said it's normal and either they go away after a few seconds or I just hit "ok" a few times and the Bronco runs normal. (Literally like 5 seconds).
Sponsored

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll have to check the build date on mine, but off the top of my head I want to say it was around 12/2021 or so. Purchase date was 04 March 2022. It turned 6000 miles this evening and has been flawless. Lifetime fuel economy now at 20.1 mpg on a 2 door '21 Badlands Sasquatch with the 2.3 and auto over a combination of interstate and secondary roads as well as forest service roads, fire and power line trails, along with "WTF are you thinking" mountain crossings. No codes. No recalls. No hard top issues.

Now, to avoid coming across as one of those "glass half full types" where all is perfect all the time, I will say that the "abyss" between the seats and center console that mysteriously swallows dropped french fries, popcorn, etc. seems much deeper or something as those f'ers are never to be seen again once they slip from the fingers while driving down the road. The Bermuda Triangle has nothing on that area of the Bronco.

Not sure that rises to the level of an issue, but I was struggling to come up with something. This thing is f'ing awesome.

Ford Bronco Who received a Bronco in perfect condition and what was your build date? Peters Mill Bronco

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 M998, ā€˜89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know if I'm luck or the norm but I received my Bronco in perfect condition.
- Paint is even

I see people posting online all the time about issues with their Bronco (some major but most minor) and I wonder how many people have had zero issues?

P.s. Idk if this counts, if so I'll delete this post. I do have codes thrown when the doors are off. Ford said it's normal and either they go away after a few seconds or I just hit "ok" a few times and the Bronco runs normal. (Literally like 5 seconds).
Isnā€™t there a certain process you have to follow in order to not get codes when you remove doors? Otherwise it can cause gremlins.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a window act silly for a day, but it fixed itself overnight (probably an OTA update deal). Canā€™t remember the sequence that led to it acting up, but I was convinced it was something we did. Outside of that, no issues.

Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
<---- Knocks on wood. ~7000 miles of no issues. Now if I can figure out how to not move the headlight switch with my knee...
Iā€™m 6ā€™3 and have never hit the headlight switch. You must drive with the seat pulled up pretty close.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was built on a Wednesday. Perfect and gorgeous. I think there is a batch from after the first 1-2 production months of 2021 until near the end of the first run that are all fantastic.

Sledge

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜13 modā€™d Flex, ā€˜14 bmw i3, ā€˜93 modā€™d Volvo 240
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
- Paint is even

J
- Paint is even

jan build, followed by 3 months on snow mountain, then mud mountain, then dirt mountain. (Springtime mountain?). Now at 10,500 miles without a single issue. that said, Iā€™ve had to muck about with some of the aftermarket stuff. I installed a Diabolical Slipstream that made some rattling/creaking sounds until I put some latex tubing over the locking pin ā€œgatesā€ and added some internal bungee cords. (the slipstream is an AWESOME product, by the way). I also successfully re-worked the rear attachment methodology for my Bimini top that resolved an issue where it kept coming loose. But those were minor items involving after-market accessories. Zero issues of any kind with the as-delivered 4-door leather/Lux Wildtrak.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Build and build date saga in my signature. Only issue whatsoever was the driver window sucking out at the top when driving in 25mph+ crosswinds. Which is weekly lol.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

<---- Knocks on wood. ~7000 miles of no issues. Now if I can figure out how to not move the headlight switch with my knee...
Yea this is me, legs too short to get the clutch to the floor. Otherwise I love it and no issues, so far so good at 5k miles.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So far no issues at 8,700 miles other than a new A/C condenser from hitting a small deer. Build date was 3/30/22.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Delivered on 12/22/2021 now with 17,000 miles. No major issues.

-Occasional fault messages with doors off. No impact.

-Popping hardtop noise (fixed with silicone grease on pins).

-Couple of warning messages on a road trip while towing in the mountains but no performance issues. First got a service soon/driveline error when shifting on the fly from 4H to 2H while decelerating. Next day Check Engine light came on for a Stuck Wastegate then went away. Turbos and engine seem fine.

-Still get creaking and squeaks from rear glass while driving despite putting silicon grease on seals. Thatā€™s the most annoying isue.

Last edited:

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Only issue that I have that it's going to the dealer for is the passenger front seat. The MGV is pulling out from behind the handle. There's a shitty spot in the paint above the Rocker, but it's just a goober, nothing I'm worried about.

Oh, and I had to zip tie two hoses under the hood as they were in danger of chaffing where they were run from the factory.

Yes, the panels aren't perfectly aligned, and in the right light some of the painted plastic doesn't match the painted steel, but I'm not losing sleep over those.

Oday

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lots of paint issues with my build. Along the whole side of the truck it looks like grains of sand all along the hood the sides of the doors up along the roll bars are embedded in the paint also on the hood thereā€™s a dent right in the center we tried to get out with paint less removal but still is there also on the very front of the hood the paint is too thin and you can see the primer coming through lots and lots of paint issues also my mirror has the whistle my headrest broke and the cover for my airbag above the door has come off I guess I got a crappy one. I do love the rig though itā€™s super fun but you can tell itā€™s a first year production also lots of my panels donā€™t lineup etc. mine delivered in January last year
Sponsored