Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
8/26 Update

Your parts have been lasered. That's topo on each foot, then your sequential number on one foot, then the Badlands National Park coordinates on the other. The center mount bracket also received topography applied by laser. All in all, that's 500 laser ops. They've since moved on to the Badlands Orange paint step. The previously applied laser work is masked off. That's 300 pieces being masked. Then two coats of paint are applied. We're allowing 2 days of curing to our gas. This is where we're at now. After this step, we'll be applying a coat of UV satin clear to give each piece a uniform finish. We still have a little ways to go, but all of your rails should be crossing the finish line around the same week. It will be a massive push to get them all out to you. I believe our record for BAMs shipped in a day is 37. I have a feeling we'll crush that record when the time comes. :)
Sponsored

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

8/26 Update

Your parts have been lasered. That's topo on each foot, then your sequential number on one foot, then the Badlands National Park coordinates on the other. The center mount bracket also received topography applied by laser. All in all, that's 500 laser ops. They've since moved on to the Badlands Orange paint step. The previously applied laser work is masked off. That's 300 pieces being masked. Then two coats of paint are applied. We're allowing 2 days of curing to our gas. This is where we're at now. After this step, we'll be applying a coat of UV satin clear to give each piece a uniform finish. We still have a little ways to go, but all of your rails should be crossing the finish line around the same week. It will be a massive push to get them all out to you. I believe our record for BAMs shipped in a day is 37. I have a feeling we'll crush that record when the time comes. :)
Whoo!! Exciting times!

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

8/26 Update

As long as they get shipped in numerical order, I'm within the first 37. :p
Jokes aside, the update is much appreciated! It's amazing how much detail is going into this, almost feel like the $1500 price tag was a bargain to begin with.

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are on the same schedule as Bronco builds :confused:

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
These are on the same schedule as Bronco builds :confused:
Yeah, this is probably going to be the last time we do anything custom like this again.

Sponsored

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Mustang, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, this is probably going to be the last time we do anything custom like this again.
So Sorry for the harassment that some are giving you over this. Some People don’t understand that some products are not just stamped out or just 3D printed. Quality & perfection sometimes take time.

I for one appreciates the time and quality that you and your team put into all your products

Eightlug and Team AR, Thank You For your time and genus.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Forgot to mention, happy birthday @EIGHTLUG
And thx for the 20% discount code, got me some BALLS. :ROFLMAO:
FYI Forgot to add my email to the order.

First Name
RALPH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And that's unfortunate that people can't understand all the sourcing issues of everything post COVID. Everything takes time people need to get that.

Are you guys going to continue making the products on your site?

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
And that's unfortunate that people can't understand all the sourcing issues of everything post COVID. Everything takes time people need to get that.

Are you guys going to continue making the products on your site?
I don't have any plans on reducing the parts available on the site. Just less colors, less options. This isn't a factory. Our website isn't amazon.com All of the custom colored parts that are requested aren't on the shelf. If a part is on the shelf, it's already destined for a color and a customer. If a new color comes on line, like the black SITH shackles, it starts at the very beginning of the process. And it's a long process.

For me, it's not about the time it takes. It's about the steps in the process and the end product. Sourcing the best material (USA forgings) the best finish shop, the right color(s). I'd much rather be like Ferrari and sell 11,000 cars a year, than be Toyota and sell 2,000,000. There are a lot of companies that sell a lot more than we do. They can have that.

I can promise you, there aren't another 100 people in the world that are saying " I can't wait for my (name your company) custom made in wherever rail to get here!" I totally could have half-assed it and maybe some of you would be happy with it. Except I would't be happy with the end product. I want the best damn Bronco dash rail ever. The catch is I need to do it 100 times right out of the gate. And the kicker is -I don't even have a BADLANDS 😭

Sponsored
First Name
RALPH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have any plans on reducing the parts available on the site. Just less colors, less options. This isn't a factory. Our website isn't amazon.com All of the custom colored parts that are requested aren't on the shelf. If a part is on the shelf, it's already destined for a color and a customer. If a new color comes on line, like the black SITH shackles, it starts at the very beginning of the process. And it's a long process.

For me, it's not about the time it takes. It's about the steps in the process and the end product. Sourcing the best material (USA forgings) the best finish shop, the right color(s). I'd much rather be like Ferrari and sell 11,000 cars a year, than be Toyota and sell 2,000,000. There are a lot of companies that sell a lot more than we do. They can have that.

I can promise you, there aren't another 100 people in the world that are saying " I can't wait for my (name your company) custom made in wherever rail to get here!" I totally could have half-assed it and maybe some of you would be happy with it. Except I would't be happy with the end product. I want the best damn Bronco dash rail ever. The catch is I need to do it 100 times right out of the gate. And the kicker is -I don't even have a BADLANDS 😭
I'm excited, I've been excited, and will continue to be excited until it gets here. I know this thing is going to be awesome.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Very well said. I don't have a Badlands either but my theme is Badlands orange on Cactus Grey so I just wanted it.
As for quality, the smaller TAP is so far the best mount I've had out of 3 others, so I don't doubt this will be just as great or better. I mean, I ordered a TAP, patch, VIN, this, and a couple BALLS. The only other company I've ordered multiple products from is Baja Designs.
Love your work and as is all great designers, with great designs come great responsibility... something like that.

FSUMcFly

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know it'll be worth the wait! Of course once it comes in I'll need to order a Badlands VIN plate to match it and probably a few BALLS.

iamcris

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know, I'm willing to consider a trade, let me take a closer look at that First Edition you have. I also have all my stock parts. In case mine's too loud or something. Just a consideration. Thank you for the update, clearly I need to get on the forum more and email the pitcrew less ( like most of us)
Sponsored